Author Topic: Car battery replacement  (Read 10933 times)

Silver Bullet

• friend
Re: Car battery replacement
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 10:13:13 AM »
he new battery goosed the ol' Jetta into life with alacrity this morning

:lol:

Guess I should spend a little more money after all.  I never get alacrity with my car batteries ! =)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 10:36:04 AM »
TX heat seems to be harder on batteries than MN cold; few batteries last 5 years.

My Pathfinder's OEM battery recently crapped out after just 3 1/2 years.  :mad:
I think this may be the case with me as well.  My batteries have always hit end of life troubles in the summer heat.  I think my current battery might be about 3 years old so I am staying alert.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 12:06:44 PM »
A teachable moment here:
Guess I should spend a little more money after all.  I never get alacrity with my car batteries !
It's all about alacrity people.  Alacrity for you.  Alacrity for me.  That's just how it works. :)
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 01:08:30 PM »
A teachable moment here:It's all about alacrity people.  Alacrity for you.  Alacrity for me.  That's just how it works. :)

I'm plum out of Lacrity.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2009, 01:18:06 PM »
That should make you all lachrymose, and stuff.  =(
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2009, 02:46:16 PM »
you should try a battery swap on a VW new Beetle

function follows form on that beastie
 :O

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

rcnixon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2009, 07:54:18 PM »
I got one of those ones that look like a six-pack, I'm "senior-momenting on the brand". Being an amateur radio operator, I put extra demands on the battery.  This one is two years old and shows no signs of stress in my V-6 Saturn with two radios aboard.  I'm done with Die-Hards after many years of faithful service.  I had two of them crap out after only a couple or three years.  I too have heard good things about the Autozone and Walmart brands.

Russ

robear

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 12:52:44 AM »
I got one of those ones that look like a six-pack, I'm "senior-momenting on the brand".
Russ

Optima?

My OEM Nissan battery (2000 Maxima) crapped out about 3 years ago.   Been using an Interstate ever since.   Works just fine.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 12:59:08 AM by robear »

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 01:19:18 AM »
Yup, Optima.

Favorite battery of tub-thumpers, too.   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

KPT

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2009, 01:29:23 AM »
I'm happy with my Autocraft titanium 1000 CCA battery. Haven't had it not be able to start the truck even after playing music on the 900 watts of audio for hours while camping. Same with having the headlights illuminate the target at the range now that it gets dark early. Its two years old.

The stock motorcraft battery lasted 7 or 8 years. It wasn't doing well toward the end though, I'd get > than an hour of use before it wouldn't start the engine. Got in the habit of keeping it on an incline and drop starting in 2 low.

NickySantoro

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2009, 05:52:40 PM »
I've had as good luck with Exide as any other brand over the years.

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2009, 07:00:51 PM »
I've had good luck with Exide batteries as well. I always get them with more CCA than recommended. need. In extreme cold temperatures you need all the CCA you can get. Get a good battery for your diesel.

Sometimes paying a little more is worth it.

Most of our batteries have lasted 7+ years in Minnesota. I've heard that heat is tough on batteries. Our 93 Jeep is on its second battery. Keeping posts nice and clean helps out a lot.