Author Topic: Another jab at Palin  (Read 6726 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Another jab at Palin
« on: October 10, 2009, 12:36:29 AM »
For somebody who many here say has no future in politics, Palin sure gets attacked pretty viciously:

Silver Bullet

• friend
Re: Another jab at Palin
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 01:06:24 AM »
She really got to them !   =D

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 01:07:30 AM »
Didn't something just come out about Obama not writing his book? Well, at least one of his many...  :rolleyes:
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 01:14:25 AM »
Didn't something just come out about Obama not writing his book?

It's gotta be tough to write a book while the whole time you're looking in a mirror.

nico

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 01:27:35 AM »
Didn't something just come out about Obama not writing his book? Well, at least one of his many...  :rolleyes:

Well he meant to write a book, and as the nobel committee has made painfully obvious, that's good enough for some people ;/

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 07:57:21 AM »
Aren't practically all books by politicians written by their aides/ghostwriters anyway? I at least always assumed it to be so.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 11:29:23 AM »
50% witty.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 12:07:13 PM »
Well he meant to write a book, and as the nobel committee has made painfully obvious, that's good enough for some people ;/
Thread win.  =D
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

Crow1108

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 02:26:55 AM »

It's had to be read to him through teleprompter, before he could write it  =D

"I work in the back. I see no smiles."--"Bruce Allmighty"

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 06:14:52 AM »
Just goes to show....if everyone's shooting at you, you must be important...  :cool:

Why?.....he's probably already won the Pulizer and the Peabody....  :laugh:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 10:36:22 AM »
And he could be a singer, so he'll probably get a Grammy or two. (But those hicks at the Country Music Awards organization aren't going along - they actually expect someone to perform. Bunch of racist rednecks.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 12:36:09 PM »
And he could be a singer, so he'll probably get a Grammy or two. (But those hicks at the Country Music Awards organization aren't going along - they actually expect someone to perform. Bunch of racist rednecks.)
I'm pretty sure he already has a Grammy, for his narration of his own audiobook.  

Edit:  He has two of them.  One for each of his "books."
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 01:29:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure he already has a Grammy, for his narration of his own audiobook.  

Edit:  He has two of them.  One for each of his "books."
How long before he wins an Oscar?

Edit: added 'ef' in 'before'
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 02:44:33 PM by Fistful Savalas »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 02:37:53 PM »
How long bore he wins an Oscar?
You mean for his Mussolini impersonation when he gave his address to Congress?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 02:46:47 PM »
You mean for his Mussolini impersonation when he gave his address to Congress?
I don't know. I'm not quite sure what exactly qualifies for an Oscar (film-related) and what qualifies for an Emmy (TV only). But he's overdue for an Emmy.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 04:36:13 PM »
I don't know. I'm not quite sure what exactly qualifies for an Oscar (film-related) and what qualifies for an Emmy (TV only). But he's overdue for an Emmy.
Award him both - to do otherwise would be racist.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 09:28:12 PM »
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 10:25:19 AM »
Palin had help writing her book too from a professional editor I believe. Don't know about Obama, he probably had help too.  Writing a book is a long process.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 11:59:17 AM »
And the character in the comic should form a thought before expressing one...

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 01:14:31 PM »
Oh snap. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 02:28:59 PM »
Quote from: seeker_two
Just goes to show....if everyone's shooting at you, you must be important...

By "everyone", you mean most democrats and a few republicans?  I wouldn't call that everyone.

Bush Jr. was at least as important as Palin, according to your criterion.  He was important by virtue of being President, but he was still on the short bus.  Importance is not a qualification; it's a result.  Sometimes it's the result of being smart and accomplishing great things.  Sometimes it's the result of being a demagogue.  Sometimes it's just luck.
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 04:29:38 PM »
Bush Jr. was at least as important as Palin, according to your criterion.  He was important by virtue of being President, but he was still on the short bus....

tyme:

If GWB is short bus material, what does that make you, since I suspect you lack his Harvard MBA?

The raw intelligence of prominent Republicans is usually denigrated by the MSM, Dems and a few other ignorant or mendacious types.  Funny thing is, GWB has as much or more evidence pointing to his better-than-average g than any of his competitors for POTUS.

Al Gore did not have what it takes to finish his post-baccalaureate studies at Vanderbilt, but did better than GWB & Kerry at his undergrad studies.

John Kerry & GWB both attended Yale and GWB did slightly better over all four years, though neither was a distinguished undergrad.  Back in the day they would have been "Gentleman's C" sort of undergrad records.  GWB went on to get an MBA at the top business school in the nation (if not the world).  Kerry went on to get a law degree from a very good law school.

This fellow has a pretty good take on Kerry & GWB, intel-wise:
Kerry explains away his poor grades by noting that he was heavily involved in extracurricular activities; of course, the same holds true for Bush. In reality, they’re both quite intelligent men who have gone on to distinguish themselves since their undergraduate days. Of the two, Kerry is clearly more articulate and Bush more socially adept. In any case, there’s not much we can glean from their college grades thirty-odd years later.

How they have chosen to deal with their mildly embarrassing transcripts is, however, interesting. Bush fully acknowledges that he goofed off and had a good time and makes jokes about the situation; Kerry apparently was willing to endure years of speculation about what might be in his military records in order to hide them. Once again, this goes to something we already knew: Bush has a keener sense of how ordinary people will react to things.

Of the three, GWB probably mastered the most difficult non-academic skill, that of flying a fighter jet.  Kerry managed to command a small boat and crew.  (The criticisms of Kerry's service were not of a technical nature with regard to his command or skill.)  Gore is not known to have mastered anything of similar difficulty to fighter jets or command of a small crew & craft.

None of the three, (Gore, Kerry, GWB) are idiots or "short-bus" material.  Also, all three had the advantage of being born to affluent & connected families, something that helped all three to launch their careers.

But, Al Gore gets a Nobel, Kerry was seen as a super-smart guy by his supporters, and GWB (who beat both for POTUS) is "short bus" material. 

Huh.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 05:46:44 PM »
Applause for jfruser.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 11:32:04 AM »
The reason Kerry was portrayed by Democrats as an intellectual has nothing to do with his intellect. It has everything to do with the liberals' ridiculous self-images as the 'smart people'.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 12:20:59 PM »
tyme:

If GWB is short bus material, what does that make you, since I suspect you lack his Harvard MBA?

The raw intelligence of prominent Republicans is usually denigrated by the MSM, Dems and a few other ignorant or mendacious types.  Funny thing is, GWB has as much or more evidence pointing to his better-than-average g than any of his competitors for POTUS.

Al Gore did not have what it takes to finish his post-baccalaureate studies at Vanderbilt, but did better than GWB & Kerry at his undergrad studies.

John Kerry & GWB both attended Yale and GWB did slightly better over all four years, though neither was a distinguished undergrad.  Back in the day they would have been "Gentleman's C" sort of undergrad records.  GWB went on to get an MBA at the top business school in the nation (if not the world).  Kerry went on to get a law degree from a very good law school.

This fellow has a pretty good take on Kerry & GWB, intel-wise:
Of the three, GWB probably mastered the most difficult non-academic skill, that of flying a fighter jet.  Kerry managed to command a small boat and crew.  (The criticisms of Kerry's service were not of a technical nature with regard to his command or skill.)  Gore is not known to have mastered anything of similar difficulty to fighter jets or command of a small crew & craft.

None of the three, (Gore, Kerry, GWB) are idiots or "short-bus" material.  Also, all three had the advantage of being born to affluent & connected families, something that helped all three to launch their careers.

But, Al Gore gets a Nobel, Kerry was seen as a super-smart guy by his supporters, and GWB (who beat both for POTUS) is "short bus" material. 

Huh.

I made a similar point to a liberal friend of mine via Facebook the other day.  He agreed with me as well.  Like them or not, no politician reaches national office while being "dumb".  They may lack certain refinements or we may not like their politics, but I think it's safe to say they're at least of average, if not above average intelligence.

Chris