Author Topic: Obama administrations "war" against Fox News  (Read 21006 times)

Marnoot

• friend
Re: Obama administrations "war" against Fox News
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2009, 03:35:50 PM »
I always forget, are we controlled by the Jews, or do we hate them? I can never get that straight.

The former, I believe.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2009, 04:00:59 PM »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2009, 04:54:49 PM »
>Who whlese should have felled the over engineered twin towers, caused ruby ridge, waco, oklahomo city, and all the other atrocities?<

Fistful?

For
the
win
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2009, 05:40:41 PM »
There is no Third Party. That's what really amazes me. There is literally no alternative party right now. Where are all the people that were Republican back when Republicans were like, Republican? Did they all change? Or is there just NO PARTY for them?

You haven't heard about the Tea Parties and town hall events?  Or what are you asking?  I can tell you where they weren't.  They weren't at the polls voting for John McCain, Sarah or no. 

If you're wondering why there is no massive groundswell third party, then I would ask why you expect one.  The Rep's aren't working that well for us now, but third parties haven't been much help, either.  Or if there is some third party about to win big, it will become more obvious as we get closer to the 2010 elections. 

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2009, 05:49:34 PM »
 i predict the big winners in the 2010 elections will be the...

whigs :O

=D well that should be your laugh for today, was mine anyway :angel:

grampster

• friend
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2009, 06:22:31 PM »
Rather than thinking about 3rd parties, folks should be working to put the R's back toward the conservative right.  The only people you hear saying that R's need to be more centrist are the leftists for land sake.  When Reagan managed to do that, the R's had a bit of honor for a short period of time.  One man can put his finger in the dike only for so long.  Once the R's got the power, they forgot what put them there. As for Newt lately, I think he's getting senile.

Look what's happening in NY 23rd.  The conservative is in the lead as an independent.  Don't forget, this is a special election.  There was no primary.  If this would have been an ordinary situation, there would have been a primary and the independent would have been on the R ticket, not the leftist RINO.

Recent polls (for whatever they are worth) say Americans are 40% conservative leaning, 20% liberal and the rest are independents.  Most independents lean to the right most of the time.  They did not lean left in the last election, they were sending a message and it is showing itself loud and clear.  Left is bad, right is good.  Those of us who tend to be R's should send a message to the party poobahs to wise up.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2009, 07:29:47 PM »
CNN seems to be the only news org that doesn't reek of bias every news item they get.
Ha!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2009, 07:32:44 PM »
Rather than thinking about 3rd parties, folks should be working to put the R's back toward the conservative right.  The only people you hear saying that R's need to be more centrist are the leftists for land sake.  When Reagan managed to do that, the R's had a bit of honor for a short period of time.  One man can put his finger in the dike only for so long.  Once the R's got the power, they forgot what put them there. As for Newt lately, I think he's getting senile.

Look what's happening in NY 23rd.  The conservative is in the lead as an independent.  Don't forget, this is a special election.  There was no primary.  If this would have been an ordinary situation, there would have been a primary and the independent would have been on the R ticket, not the leftist RINO.

Recent polls (for whatever they are worth) say Americans are 40% conservative leaning, 20% liberal and the rest are independents.  Most independents lean to the right most of the time.  They did not lean left in the last election, they were sending a message and it is showing itself loud and clear.  Left is bad, right is good.  Those of us who tend to be R's should send a message to the party poobahs to wise up.
I wondered how that worked.  With all of the grassroots support for Hoffman, why couldn't they get him in on the primary?  I know a lot of other districts that have done more with less.

I suppose it makes a bit more sense if they didn't actually hold a primary election.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2009, 11:36:11 PM »
Quote from: Seenterman on Today at 02:09:33 PM
CNN seems to be the only news org that doesn't reek of bias every news item they get.

I lol'ed.  rolleyes

CNN doesn't reek of bias?!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha  :laugh: !
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2009, 01:47:05 AM »

You're exposed now.  Thanks for coming out of the closet.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2009, 05:27:18 AM »
We're in our religious right churches, wondering why people like yourself keep blaming us for things we didn't do. 

When the religious right stops supporting and passing laws to push their specific morals on the rest of us, I will stop blaming them. As it stands now there are many millions of us who cannot support the current republican party because of the religious right.

Why can't the religious right live and let live? I've never advocated telling anyone what they can and cannot believe or do in their churches, or who they can marry, or what they can put in their bodies. Why does the religious right insist upon telling us what we have to believe, who we can marry and what we can put in our bodies, or when we can choose to die ..... there are just too many things to list. And why or why can I not buy a car on sunday? I mean really give me a break with the blue laws already.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2009, 05:43:28 AM »
On a totally unrelated note, anyone know how much Huffington post pays people to infiltrate conservative type forums?

I certainly hope that wasn't directed at me? If it was you owe me an apology.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2009, 09:23:25 AM »
You're pretty feisty for a new guy.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2009, 10:44:46 AM »
Why can't the religious right live and let live?

I don't attend church, and I certainly wouldn't consider myself part of the "religious right," so maybe my comments can be seen as neutral.

Many, although not all, Christians believe that abortion is murder. It would easily follow that someone who believes an act to be murder would want to outlaw the act.

The other major issue for "the religious right" is gay marriage, although I see that as a reaction to the gay movement's efforts to legalize gay marriage. It wasn't an issue when nobody was trying to change the laws.

Beyond that, I don't see the "religious right" trying to force anything on anyone, unless you consider trying to block the removal of the Ten Commandments and other signs of religion from public places to be forcing something. I see it as a reaction to atheists trying to change the status quo.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2009, 12:29:08 PM »
I don't attend church, and I certainly wouldn't consider myself part of the "religious right," so maybe my comments can be seen as neutral.

Many, although not all, Christians believe that abortion is murder. It would easily follow that someone who believes an act to be murder would want to outlaw the act.

The other major issue for "the religious right" is gay marriage, although I see that as a reaction to the gay movement's efforts to legalize gay marriage. It wasn't an issue when nobody was trying to change the laws.

Beyond that, I don't see the "religious right" trying to force anything on anyone, unless you consider trying to block the removal of the Ten Commandments and other signs of religion from public places to be forcing something. I see it as a reaction to atheists trying to change the status quo.
As a card-carryign member of the religious right, I can attest that this is dead on right.  

We think one of government's primary purposes is to protect innocent lives from crimes such as murder, hence our opposition to abortion.  As for the rest of it, we simply resent the gays and atheists and whomever trying to re-engineer society.  American culture and society has proven wildly successful as-is, and there's no sense in altering it over the manufactured gripes of a bunch of PC malcontents.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2009, 12:36:41 PM »
You're pretty feisty for a new guy.

New? Strange definition of new you have.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2009, 12:40:20 PM »
Card-carrying member of the religious right here, too.

Looks like I'm well behind the power curve in proselityzing, oppressing others, and generally throwing my morality around hither and yon.

Note to self to fix that - once I remind certain members of this forum that they're using some pretty damned broad brush strokes...  =|
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

HankB

• friend
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2009, 12:52:45 PM »
New? Strange definition of new you have.
Maybe the words "New Member" under your moniker and a post count (at this writing) of 35 had something to do with it.  =D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2009, 01:08:09 PM »
lol looks like they got their meme in your head. I know all news outlets are biased, its just rankles me that Fox has to repeat their motta "Fair and Balanced" about 20x per program. If you were really fair and balanced would you have to keep saying it every chance you get?

You had me until your last line.  CNN is just sneakier than Fox.  I happen to agree with their bias slightly more than Fox's, but that doesn't make it any better.

One of the only news orgs that doesn't make me flinch is NPR.  Theur reporters have obvious biases, but they compensate by trying their best to have different reporters with different biases to balance things out. 
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2009, 01:51:59 PM »
You had me until your last line.  CNN is just sneakier than Fox.  I happen to agree with their bias slightly more than Fox's, but that doesn't make it any better.

One of the only news orgs that doesn't make me flinch is NPR.  Theur reporters have obvious biases, but they compensate by trying their best to have different reporters with different biases to balance things out. 
Then why is it that NPR reports always seem to have the exact same bias?

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »
I always forget, are we controlled by the Jews, or do we hate them? I can never get that straight.
An even moar important question: If one were to convert to Judaism, would you be let into the Big Secret Plot To Overthrow And Plunder The West?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2009, 05:58:13 PM »
Card-carrying member of the religious right here, too.

Looks like I'm well behind the power curve in proselityzing, oppressing others, and generally throwing my morality around hither and yon.

Note to self to fix that - once I remind certain members of this forum that they're using some pretty damned broad brush strokes...  =|
I don't have a card, but I figure I am in that group also.

NOTE:  To People with Short Memories:  The Religious Right has been in the US for longer than the US has existed.  The difference these days is a lot of secular liberal idiots out there trying to change the laws.  Honestly, the "religious right" is just a BS label created by lefties trying to marginalize Republicans. 

Surprise, surprise, but a pastor in my "conservative" church said he didn't care about the laws on gay marriage.  In his opinion, heterosexuals stopped respecting the institution of marriage years ago.  What are we all complaining about? :)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2009, 07:38:17 PM »
Maybe the words "New Member" under your moniker and a post count (at this writing) of 35 had something to do with it.  =D

Of course perhaps someone could do a tiny bit of research and discover quite a bit. Let's see.

MikeB join date APS 3-4-2005
Balog join date APS 7-19-2005
MikeB join date THR 12-30-2003
Balod join date THR 9-23-2003

Granted I don't have nearly as many posts, but new guy is not exactly accurate, which is what i was trying to point out. Now then should my opinion on the reason Republicans do not win as much as we might wish(granted I'd prefer libertarians) be ridiculed because of a low post count I will leave to you.

Whether all the proud "I'm a religious right" posters just want to make a statement for themselves or listen to why alternative views exist is up to them.

Of course I suppose there will be a few who think I joined THR in 2003 just so I could join APS when it seperated from THR in 2005 just so I could troll APS in 2009, but now we get to the ones who joked about conspiracy theories after my original post. Can't help them and don't really want to. Now want to have a serious discussion or just discount the guy with a low post count, just because?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2009, 08:31:28 PM »
Now want to have a serious discussion or just discount the guy with a low post count, just because?

How about we discount* posts with lame arguments like...
When the religious right stops supporting and passing laws to push their specific morals on the rest of us, I will stop blaming them.
...regardless of the author's post count or join date?

Basic law in every civilization has rested on the morals of someone in that civilization.  In feudal times, those who owned the land and who could hire men-at-arms made the law.  Asiatic despotisms had law based on the despot's beliefs.

In the USA, your fellow citizens influence and elect those who make the law.  Don't want the bluehairs & bluenoses to participate?  Tough noogies.  The terminally uncool religious right folk have every right, same as you, to speak and advocate.

And as has been pointed out above, the culture war came to them and was not a battle of their own choosing.  It might even be those same religious right folks you disdain who preserve little things like free speech in the face of "hate-speech" laws that would outlaw speech the politically connected find objectionable.

* I think a 75% discount rate ought to apply for that lame post.  Any future posts will, of course, receive their own discount rate dependent on the lame/limberness of the post.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »
How about we discount* posts with lame arguments like......regardless of the author's post count or join date?

The number of posts argument was used against me, perhaps you missed that? I didn't initiate it.

Basic law in every civilization has rested on the morals of someone in that civilization.  In feudal times, those who owned the land and who could hire men-at-arms made the law.  Asiatic despotisms had law based on the despot's beliefs.

In the USA, your fellow citizens influence and elect those who make the law.  Don't want the bluehairs & bluenoses to participate?  Tough noogies.  The terminally uncool religious right folk have every right, same as you, to speak and advocate.

I'm sorry; are you saying it's ok to have laws based on a single groups "morals" if you happen to agree with them? Sounds despotic to me.

And as has been pointed out above, the culture war came to them and was not a battle of their own choosing.  It might even be those same religious right folks you disdain who preserve little things like free speech in the face of "hate-speech" laws that would outlaw speech the politically connected find objectionable.

We wouldn't have such hate speech laws if it wasn't for the complicity of many "Republicans".

* I think a 75% discount rate ought to apply for that lame post.  Any future posts will, of course, receive their own discount rate dependent on the lame/limberness of the post.

Taxing Posts? Sounding kinda socialist to me?