Author Topic: Totally hip website.  (Read 1203 times)

HForrest

Totally hip website.
« on: December 28, 2005, 01:33:11 AM »
I was just surfin' the net today, like the hip youngster I am, when I came across this awesome website, "http://www.FreeVibe.com". Immediately, the name jumped out at me- Free Vibe. That represents coolness, and chillaxity, dawg. Being a member of the hip youth community, that's really appealing. So much so, in fact, that I decided to totally browse the pages- while simultaneously chillin', of course. This web hangout brought me some totally awesome insights on teen drug use, like, that drugs are bad, and that you don't need to be down with drugs to be hip and fly. Sweet.

I've seen some of my peers inhale the smoke of a strange drug they refer to as "Marijuana". Naturally, seeing a page about this strange substance on FreeVibe, I decided to explore and learn about "Marijuana". Is it harmful? What are the effects? I felt obligated to be down wit' the 4-1-1 on the issue. I had no idea how much this harmful drug could affect people's coolness. I looked over their interesting facts and thought-provoking questions about how un-cool this drug is. What first caught my attention was the totally awesome heading "Lowdown". I clicked on the link below, which led me to a page titled "the LOWDOWN on MARIJUANA". This unconventional use of capitalization totally appealed to my rebellious youth nature. I was completely surprised at the straight facts they were hooking me up with. This answered all my questions about marijuana- what it is, what it does, and more importantly, "So what's the big deal", yo? I started reading further.
It can mess you up in school, in sports or clubs, or with your friends. Several studies, including one reported a few years ago in the American Journal of Public Health, indicate that if you're high on marijuana, you are more likely to do things that could embarrass or even hurt you-such as driving under the influence or engaging in risky sexual behaviors.
I appreciate the way they word their articles with eye-catching phrases like "mess you up". That's cool. Their statistics are totally rockin'- it's not like they could be pointless correlations of certain behaviors that apply to groups of people who are already more likely to display these behaviors, with marijuana use being unrelated for the most part. I'm totally believing what I read on this site, 'cause it's chill.
I also was chizzecking this out:
It's important also to remember that marijuana is an addictive drug, responsible for about 60% of all the teenagers who seek admission to drug treatment centers in the U.S.
One of my homies was saying that this statistic wuz totally flawed, and that marijuana is no more addicting than coffee or junk food- something about psychological addiction versus physical addiction or some shizz like dat. He also was all like, "Many of those treatment admissions were ordered by court or the parents of the teenager"... but whatever. He's not my homeslice anymore, cause he's not down with this chill stuff and my Free Vibe.

Seeing that the mood of this website obviously represents important aspects of life to me- Chillness and Freeness- I will most certainly take into account what they're trying to tell me. Because, hey, I'm just a stupid teenager after all. I can't see through marketing ploys that are more obvious than a dead rhinoceros on the freeway, designed to target specific demographics so blatantly that even a developmentally disabled kitten could figure it out. No way could this just be a project made up by really "square" middle aged bureaucrats at the ONDCP, who conduct extensive marketing research to figure out how to appeal to my cool generation the best, all to further some over-funded and counterproductive war against plants. No, this stuff is totally down wid'it, made by real chill homies, just like me. I love the way this website respects my intellect and capability of thinking for myself. Thanks to FreeVibe.com, I now associate a drug-free lifestyle with coolness. No drugs for me!

Totally hip website.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 02:15:45 AM »
God I wish I could have sat in on the committee of codgers that were sitting around trying to build a site that would relate to the youth-of-today.

I think they should find a hip young web-designer too, maybe one that can figure out how to develope a modestly graphically intensive site that DOESNT require the sum-total of my machine's processing power to display.

It's amusing to note that your tax dollars were spent making that wonderfull site.

bermbuster

• friend
Totally hip website.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 04:14:55 AM »
The only issue I have with pot is that you cannot legally pass an airmen's medical exam if you use it.  Plus it is illegal.  I don't use it.  I don't see it as a "major threat to civilization as we know it."

mfree

• friend
Totally hip website.
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 06:43:15 AM »
The only thing that pot itself is a major threat to is worldwide twinkie supplies. It's the syndicate behind it I get worried about, and we all know what we can do about that *rolls eyes*

Chris

Totally hip website.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 06:49:47 AM »
If I recall, the California Highway Patrol did a study of the effects of marihuana on driving, and found that drivers under the influence of marihuana did far better than those under the influence of alcohol, and in some cases there were drivers who actually scored better on the driving test under the influence of marihuana than they did stone cold sober.  Weird, huh?

zahc

• friend
Totally hip website.
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 11:22:04 AM »
I know some skaters and many bikers that I used to ride with that swear they ride more dialed when high than sober. Wouldn't know myself.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine