Author Topic: spotted fawns this late in the year  (Read 1720 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
spotted fawns this late in the year
« on: November 08, 2009, 08:00:51 PM »
seen several small fawns still with spots  don't remember seeing em this late before  anyone else seen any?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: spotted fawns this late in the year
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 09:45:16 PM »
didja eat it?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 10:05:12 PM »
just missed it with the left front quarter panel
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 10:08:09 PM »
Be careful, you'll bruise the meat.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 10:09:32 PM »
Yong doe bred at the last of the mating season, fair chance they won't make it through a harsh winter.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

• friends
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 04:51:55 AM »
fair chance they won't make it through a harsh winter

thats what i was thinking

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 07:49:20 AM »
All of the fawns/yearlings I've seen this year are spot free.

• friends
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 08:01:57 AM »
i've seen at least 2 in the last week at different locations.
i figure a hard winter will kill em

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 10:24:50 PM »
Why wouldn't they survive the winter? Momma won't kick them away until she gets ready to give birth in the spring, so they will have the family group eating together and beadding together.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 10:26:51 PM »
Momma won't kick them away until she gets ready to give birth in the spring,

If she survives the hunting season.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 04:18:18 AM »
I spotted two fawns the other day, but they had no spots.  Looked like twins - they came up and drank out of the water trough while I was riding our colt in the corral.  The rest of the herd was hanging out in the pasture.

How come it is when I'm busy with something else I spot deer in the yard or the pasture, but when I'm ready to shoot then I don't spot anything?  Maybe I'm not looking in the right spots?  I did spot a couple little bitty bucks yesterday but I passed on them as there is still three weeks of deer season.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 09:31:39 AM »
They know! =D

Samuel Adams

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 12:04:54 PM »
a fall fawn doen't have the body mass to survive a hard winter
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 12:44:57 PM »
a fall fawn doen't have the body mass to survive a hard winter

I've seen spots on fawns into the first season of December, I just think that some mature their coats a little more slowly. Rut is starting in Iowa and in 20 or so days another smaller rut will occur with the does that didn't get bred, so most fawns are born the around the same 30 days in the late spring.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 06:02:16 PM »
Unless they were far north (Upper Michigan, Northern Wisconsin, Northern Minnesota, Maine, canada, North Dakota) their body mass isn't the mst important thing for survival as food can usually be found. In the aformentioned states, they often yard up in thick pines/spruce/tamaracks for the winter to avoid the 2'+ of snow which saps their energy travelling in, and have really nothing nutricious to eat for at least 2 months.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama