Author Topic: Balog's Bad News thread  (Read 14449 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Balog's Bad News thread
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2014, 12:34:01 PM »
This is why you should regard any statistic the .gov publishes as completely and totally false. "Oh, it shrank %1.0 due to the weather." Next news cycle "Whoopsie, it was actually %2.9!"

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/25/us-usa-economy-growth-idUSKBN0F01CD20140625
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2014, 01:14:14 PM »
Got granddad's old chainsaw from storage, promptly pulled the start handle right off, and disassembled it on the bench, figuring it probably needs more than just a new cord after 8-10 years in storage.  Cleaned up the carb and lines, and left it stripped down for all the cleaner to dry out overnight.  Landlord came out and cut the tree up the next morning.  No more motivation to work on the chainsaw.  It's probably going to sit there until I really need the bench space.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2014, 01:15:11 PM »
Got granddad's old chainsaw from storage, promptly pulled the start handle right off, and disassembled it on the bench, figuring it probably needs more than just a new cord after 8-10 years in storage.  Cleaned up the carb and lines, and left it stripped down for all the cleaner to dry out overnight.  Landlord came out and cut the tree up the next morning.  No more motivation to work on the chainsaw.  It's probably going to sit there until I really need the bench space.

???

Wrong thread?

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2014, 01:19:28 PM »
jeff w

I like onions!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2014, 01:22:10 PM »
???

Wrong thread?

Just a followup to the previous "not DIY types" sub-thread.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2014, 05:19:24 PM »
This is why you should regard any statistic the .gov publishes as completely and totally false. "Oh, it shrank %1.0 due to the weather." Next news cycle "Whoopsie, it was actually %2.9!"

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/25/us-usa-economy-growth-idUSKBN0F01CD20140625

I like the weather excuse.  Don't they already "seasonally adjust" the numbers.  I mean it's not like this is the first time winter has ever happened in the first quarter of a year.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2014, 06:23:01 PM »

Economic growth statistics get reviewed several times each quarter. This is not per se a sign of deliberate falsification.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2014, 06:47:50 PM »
Economic growth statistics get reviewed several times each quarter. This is not per se a sign of deliberate falsification.

When the statistics are always "overly optimistic" and then revised down as quietly as possible I can't help but view that with suspicion.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2014, 08:15:54 PM »
You can trust nothing the government says. Nothing. Get used to it.