Author Topic: GLI hockey, anyone?  (Read 866 times)

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
GLI hockey, anyone?
« on: December 29, 2005, 01:29:08 PM »
Just sitting here watching my beloved Huskies play, and remembered that there are quite a few other Michigan hockey fans here.  So, anyone down there today, or heading to the Joe tomorrow?

I was fully expecting to watch Tech play in the thrid place game tomorrow, but I may get lucky and see them in the championship game Smiley
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

grampster

• friend
GLI hockey, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 01:39:11 PM »
GR Griffins are on a 5 game win streak, stand first in their division and neck and neck with Houston in the conference.  Very explosive team this year.  127 goals so far.  We lead the AHL in goals scored.  We beat Iowa last night 6-5.  We're giving up too many goals, though.  The Red Wings run the show, ultimately, and they are making us play Jimmy Howard their #1 pick in goal.  He shows signs of brillliance, but gives up to many rebound opportunities and soft goals.  Our regular goalie is up with the Wings and our backup, Drew MacIntyre is sort of screwed because of Howard.   He's been playing very well.

Manny Lagace will do a rehab game with the Griffins tomorrow night.  I gave my tickets to a friend before I knew that.  Whine....

Saturday, New Years Eve, Griffs play Chicago Wolves (the Woofs, I hate that team.)
Me and SWMBO and both g'kids are going.  We've been taking the g'kids for 10 years.  Good way to be involved in their lives.  Our season seats are on the blue line, front row, upper bowl.  Best seats in the house.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
GLI hockey, anyone?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 04:41:25 PM »
There's talk of Major league hockey coming back to Hartford. The Whalers (Wail Us) left in '97 and they STILL have a 25 member booster club if you can believe that. The only drawback so far is they think they're going to get $47 for a ticket to a hockey game. Not from me they're not!

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

grampster

• friend
GLI hockey, anyone?
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 05:02:29 PM »
That's why I love the AHL.  One step removed from the NHL and tickets like mine are $11.00 apiece.  If you want to be in the upper bowl in the corners, they're still $6.00 or $7.00.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
GLI hockey, anyone?
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 06:18:40 PM »
Well, so much for them making the championship game.  Lost it 15 min into OT.

And great job on UM's part, losing to Colorado.  Guess I won't see UM v. MSU tomorrow Sad

Guess the only good thing is that I don't have to see Tech get their butts whooped by Colorado again.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'