Author Topic: Question for law enforcement, why don't they seem to care?  (Read 4772 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Question for law enforcement, why don't they seem to care?
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2009, 12:25:09 PM »
folks make me grateful for where i live.  kid who worked for me had a bike stolen off his porch  nice mountain bike he's borrowed from a friend.  he is from jersey wasn't gonna bother calling the cops. i made him and he did  gets a call 3 days later cop has spotted the bike will be returning it that evening. he still can't believe it
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Question for law enforcement, why don't they seem to care?
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2009, 08:45:26 PM »
Uhh, yeah?  How exactly something that is not a criminal matter be a criminal matter?  The implication of your statement doesn't compute.

It's a civil matter until one or the other party shoots the other one  :O

(happened just a few months back :( )

After further reflection, I do humbly stand corrected: they do care about traffic infractions for which they can collect revenue.  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin