Author Topic: Climate Research Hacked...  (Read 11583 times)

Desertdog

• friends
Re: Climate Research Hacked...
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2009, 10:50:15 PM »
Senator to demand probeof global-warming 'fraud'
'They cooked the science to makethis thing look as if it was settled'

Posted: November 24, 2009
12:51 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

The Senate's leading global-warming skeptic says he plans to demand an investigation into the allegedly fraudulent data manipulation unveiled at a highly influential British research center, and another prominent analyst says he's heard enough and there should be prosecutions.

University of East Anglia Climate Research Unit

As WND reported, documents and e-mails retrieved by a computer hacker from the University of East Anglia's Climate Research Unit indicate top climate-change scientists have manipulated data to hide cooling trends and worked together to marginalize scientists with opposing views.

Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., a guest on the Washington Times morning radio show, said he knew scientists were "cooking" information years ago. The e-mails, he said, were the proof, and now something needs to be done.

A Washington Times editorial said the content of the e-mails "could end the academic careers of many prominent professors. Academics who have purposely hidden data, destroyed information and doctored their results have committed scientific fraud."

"It is pretty serious," Inhofe said. "And since, you know, Barbara Boxer is the chairman and I'm the ranking member on Environment and Public Works, if nothing happens in the next seven days when we go back into session a week from today that would change this situation, I will call for an investigation.

"This thing is serious," he continued. "You think about the literally millions of dollars that have been thrown away on some of this stuff that they came out with."

Inhofe said he would ask for an investigation into the United Nations and its climate change committee "on the way they cooked the science to make this thing look as if the science was settled, when all the time of course we knew it was not."

Continued at;
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=117017

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 12:14:24 AM »
Swish!  3 points for the win. 

Far too much money is in the balance.  Far too much power waits in the wings for implementation.  Global warming was the long sought global threat to be used to unite the nations under a global government.  There will be attempts to ignore it but is will only buy the power elites a short period of time before the backlash starts.
If it is ignored, it will only be ignored by certain media.  Rush talked about it for almost the whole 3 hours today.  There are various articles out on it so far.  We'll see. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 12:18:16 AM »
I think the MSM is going to learn that it can't cover some things up the way it wants to. Gogo internet!
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 01:22:05 AM »
I think the MSM is going to learn that it can't cover some things up the way it wants to. Gogo internet!

It does show the usefulness of information warfare, no?

ACORN was broken by 2 kids and $3k.  Global warming jihad might be broken by hackers for essentially pennies of electricity usage.  Be interesting to see what else comes along in the next few years.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 01:24:21 AM »
It does show the usefulness of information warfare, no?

ACORN was broken by 2 kids and $3k.  Global warming jihad might be broken by hackers for essentially pennies of electricity usage.  Be interesting to see what else comes along in the next few years.

I'm waiting for the video of Obama snorting a line of crack off a hooker's ass. That, or ranting against whitey.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2009, 10:01:04 AM »
I'm waiting for the video of Obama snorting a line of crack off a hooker's ass. That, or ranting against whitey.

As far as I'm concerned when he called his grandmother a 'typical white person' he was ranting against whitey ...  :mad:
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2009, 11:13:23 AM »
I thought there was a clip from his audio book that sounded pretty much like a rant against whitey.  (Probably taken out of context, but since when does that stop anybody?)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2009, 08:53:11 PM »
I heard the CRU released a statement.  The bit I heard went like "One wonders if the information wasn't stolen and released to coincide with the conference in Copenhagen."

Wow, ya think? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »
" . . . Academics who have purposely hidden data, destroyed information and doctored their results have committed scientific fraud."
I work in a scientific area (commercial, not in academia) and have to say this: if you falsify data, you WILL be found out eventually. I routinely share data, designs, and results with colleagues, and if I said a widget I designed was going to perform in a certain manner, it had darned well BETTER perform in that manner. If I say a widget I evaluated performed in a certain manner, it had darned well BETTER perform as I say it did.

Scientific results have to be repeatable. If they're not . . . there's a problem.

People make mistakes (only one man who ever lived was perfect, and I'm not Him.) and they can be allowed for . . . but when it comes to science and engineering, deliberate falsification is - and should be! - a definite career-ender.

And if done in the context of taxpayer-funding, I'd say it's criminal.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2009, 07:21:01 PM »
FWIW, Newsmax is reporting that there is a lot of material in the files regarding none other than "the director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, Dr. John P. Holdren".

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/climategate_holdren_email/2009/11/27/291545.html?s=al&promo_code=9234-1
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2009, 09:14:59 PM »
Don't forget Hansen at NASA is cc'd on many of the emails.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton