Main Forums > The Roundtable

Lawn Darts are ILLEGAL? I didn't get that memo!

<< < (8/8)

Stand_watie:
670 injuries a year!! Oh the humanity! Our kids will have to take up safer recreation. Like football. Or bicycle riding.

http://classaction.findlaw.com/recall/cpsc/files/1988feb/88008.html

--- Quote ---Lawn darts are an outdoor game in which the pointed darts are thrown through the air and then stick in the ground near a target. They pose puncture and other hazards of death and serious injury to children who are struck by them. An estimated 670 injuries a year from lawn darts are treated in U.S. hospital emergency rooms, and three-fourths of the victims are under age 15. Three children -- ages 4, 7, and 13 -- are known to have died in lawn dart-related incidents

Penman:
I thought only the black assault darts were banned...

Risasi:
Wow, this is a funny thread. I hate to admit it, but some friends and I have done the "bottle rocket in the wiffle bat" wars thing. And we even used to play catch with javelins. (Shh, don't tell my mom).

Probably the most asinine thing I've seen was my friends. Now I didn't do this as I thought it a bit too crazy. But they would go put on motorcycle helmets, and leather and makeshift "body armor", then they would shoot at each other with .22's. Headshots weren't allowed.  But I do have to confess to having some nail gun wars on some roofing jobs  when I was a kid...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version