Author Topic: Inappropriate political correctness (again)?  (Read 623 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Inappropriate political correctness (again)?
« on: December 06, 2009, 12:01:22 AM »
Student charged in Binghamton U. professor's death
Published: 12/5/09, 11:45 PM EDT
VESTAL, N.Y. (AP) - A graduate student has been accused of fatally stabbing a 77-year-old Binghamton University anthropology professor.

Authorities say Abdulsalam al-Zahrani (ab-DUHL'-sah-lam al-zah-RAH'-nee) was charged with murder Saturday in the death of Richard T. Antoun on Friday.

Broome County District Attorney Gerald Mollen says Antoun knew al-Zahrani from school. He told The New York Times the two had known each other for "quite some time."

Mollen says he didn't know whether al-Zahrani has an attorney. There was no phone listing in Binghamton for the 46-year-old Saudi national.

Antoun has written several books, including "Understanding Fundamentalism: Christian, Islamic, and Jewish Movements."

Mollen says there's no indication of religious or ethnic motivation in the attack.

Let's see: A probably Muslim individual murders an elderly professor (Jewish?) who has written about religious fundamentalism ... and with no information whatsoever about motives the DA felt it necessary to mention that "there's no indication of religious or ethnic motivation in the attack."

Want to bet?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Inappropriate political correctness (again)?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 12:25:52 AM »
Let's see: A probably Muslim individual murders an elderly professor (Jewish?) who has written about religious fundamentalism ... and with no information whatsoever about motives the DA felt it necessary to mention that "there's no indication of religious or ethnic motivation in the attack."

Want to bet?

Or we could wait for you know, facts rather than speculation?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 12:35:52 AM »
We could, and we should. The point of my post was to wonder why, in the apparently complete absence of any motive, the DA felt it necessary to make a public statement regarding what the motive wasn't.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 10:04:35 AM »
Kind of the same way they went right to "We're not yet sure if it was Islamic terrorists" during the fort Hood massacre?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 10:21:32 AM »
Presumptious.  For all you know, the reporter asked that question directly. 
Come back when you've got the Paul Harvey.

Oh, and here's a newsflash:  People of different ethnicities and religions murder each other all the time. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”