Author Topic: Making fire.  (Read 5205 times)

stuckonpolitics

• Stuck on Politics: Decals for Rightwing Extremists.
Re: Making fire.
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2009, 09:45:57 PM »
Or, cut a small hole in a tennis ball and stuff it full of just the broken off match heads, then heave it at something hard.

Just to be on the safe side, don't try this at home kiddies.  While fun, what happens if you cause enough friction to ignite one while you're stuffing it?  Or worse yet - you drop it?
Stuck on Politics: Decals for Rightwing Extremists.

mgdavis

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2009, 12:34:56 AM »
My Dad, who has been in the propane industry for 30+ years, has an Olympian GM3X hanging in the garage. He has had one of these continuous ignition style of lighters for as long as I can remember.

http://www.fireplaceguys.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=33

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2009, 01:17:08 AM »
Just to be on the safe side, don't try this at home kiddies.  While fun, what happens if you cause enough friction to ignite one while you're stuffing it?  Or worse yet - you drop it?

Here, hold my beer!  =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2009, 08:24:52 AM »
My Dad, who has been in the propane industry for 30+ years, has an Olympian GM3X hanging in the garage. He has had one of these continuous ignition style of lighters for as long as I can remember.

http://www.fireplaceguys.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=33

Your dad is Hank Hill?  So, Bobby, what's it really like being in middle school while living with a hawt, dumb blond cousin?

stay safe.

skidmark

* Sorry man, but you ought to have known somebody was gonna do it. :angel:
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

mgdavis

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2009, 10:53:09 AM »

* Sorry man, but you ought to have known somebody was gonna do it. :angel:

I could say you were the first, but I'd be lying.  :P

TMM

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2009, 08:00:29 PM »
http://www.zippo.com/Products/zippoMPL.aspx

never used it so i can't vouch for it, but it's long, butane, and refillable. and it's zippo. so if it breaks, send it in with $5 for return shipping and they will repair or replace it.

TMM

mgdavis

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2009, 10:19:28 PM »
http://www.zippo.com/Products/zippoMPL.aspx

never used it so i can't vouch for it, but it's long, butane, and refillable. and it's zippo. so if it breaks, send it in with $5 for return shipping and they will repair or replace it.

TMM

I've used on of those before, although not long term. Seemed like a nice lighter. Very pretty. Felt solid, but don't know if that would translate to durability or not.

Aside from the wunder-lighter (think it with a German accent, I don't know how to type umlauts), we usually just keep a few of the $2 cheapies around the house. Toss 'em when they fail, it's not going to break the bank.