Author Topic: Ft Benning Sign Suggests Unregistered Gun Owenrs Are Terrorists  (Read 6537 times)

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
Ft Benning Sign Suggests Unregistered Gun Owenrs Are Terrorists
« on: January 01, 2010, 11:17:51 PM »
My wife found this, I don't really know if it's made it here or not, but here it is.  Is this really what the military thinks of us or is this just crud put out since a anti gunner was elected to the White House?

Ft Benning Sign Suggests Unregistered Gun Owenrs Are Terrorists

http://www.stevequayle.com/News.alert/09_Terror/091221.gun-terrorist.html

"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Ft Benning Sign Suggests Unregistered Gun Owenrs Are Terrorists
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 11:38:40 PM »
Not enough information.  Where exactly is this sign?  The link doesn't say.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

alex_trebek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 11:47:04 PM »
The link in the link states it is from Ft Benning. I skimmed that thread, no evidence either, but the consensus seems to be that the sign is real. Whatever that is worth.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 11:50:36 PM »
Military is generally not exactly supportive of individual RKBA.  The first time I heard someone remarking (re Ft Hood) of why soldiers just didn't waste the terrorist with their firearms...  I laughed so hard I nearly puked.

On a slightly happier note, it convinced a relative of one of the Ft Hood victims to start CCW'ing.  She is going to have "This We'll Defend" etched on the slide.  As the Army not following its own motto killed yet more soldiers. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 12:17:29 AM »
I like the sign. Maybe someone will think that statement through and come to the conclusion of "So how exactly does my registering a weapon help anything then?" Is Benning trying the game of having all soldiers register their guns whether they live on post or not?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 12:40:41 AM »
The army is always making really stupid signs. Remember the "Say hello to Boris" about cmm security? 

In the 80s, in Germany, if you owned a weapon, you were required to register it at the post MP station, IIRC. This information was for that particular installation where you were permanent party. Meaning if you were stationed in Nurnberg, the MP station in Amberg did not have access to the info.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 08:46:41 AM »
Before the outrage patrol get their collective panties knotted up:

Military wide, if you live on base and keep firearms on base, you must register them on base.  This policy is pretty standard for all the branches and all bases.  Generally, if you live in Housing, you can keep them in housing.  If you live in the Barracks or BOQ, they are to be kept in the armory.  Its been that way for years.

The military is pretty anti-private-firearms, and has been that way for along time.  A typical base is pretty draconian.  Cased and locked, unloaded, registered being the standard.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 10:47:50 AM by JamisJockey »
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 09:10:56 AM »
More typical Army institutional stupidity.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 10:10:55 AM »
That kind of photography, thinking, typography, and graphic design will put Oleg out of business in short order.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 02:03:35 PM »
That kind of photography, thinking, typography, and graphic design will put Oleg out of business in short order.

Heh, could be worse.  Imagine if someone had put one of Oleg's pro-RKBA posters beneath it... 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 02:08:30 PM »
Probably something created by an E-3 in an orderly room.  Note that base housing firearms registration instructions are to the right of the poster. 

I had to register all my toys with the squadron's orderly room when I lived in military housing.

Nothing new.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 02:14:29 PM »
Probably something created by an E-3 in an orderly room.  Note that base housing firearms registration instructions are to the right of the poster. 

I had to register all my toys with the squadron's orderly room when I lived in military housing.

Nothing new.

Where is your outrage, man? 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 02:18:47 PM »
Misplaced, I guess.

We had all sorts of stupidity that went forth as gospel from our squadron's orderly room, and often it took some "redirection" from older, wiser heads to get such posted stupidity removed. 

Squadron-wide urinalysis was always my favorite.  They pop some of the E-1/E-3 kids in the dorms on base, and go on a witch hunt from there.

Folks away on leave or TDY would be required to submit, even if they didn't return to the unit for weeks afterwards.  Then they wanted the personnel on TDY to submit to urinalysis at their deployed locations.   ;/

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 05:14:23 PM »
Where is your outrage, man? 

I don't know if I'm outraged, just a little confused about how anyone makes the leap from "soldier who fails to register firearms" to "terrorist."  Such soldiers may be really freaking careless or just plain stupid.  But terrorists?  What is the point of such inflammatory language?  ???

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 07:31:13 PM »
I don't know if I'm outraged, just a little confused about how anyone makes the leap from "soldier who fails to register firearms" to "terrorist." 
In case you missed it, elements of the US military are just eat up with political correctness.  Evidently the higher in the food chain one goes the more pronounced the affliction.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 12:23:15 AM »
I don't know if I'm outraged, just a little confused about how anyone makes the leap from "soldier who fails to register firearms" to "terrorist."  Such soldiers may be really freaking careless or just plain stupid.  But terrorists?  What is the point of such inflammatory language?  ???

Standard militarisitc propoganda.  Remember "loose lips sink ships", and all that kind of stuff? 
JD

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 12:45:21 AM »
Standard militarisitc propoganda.  Remember "loose lips sink ships", and all that kind of stuff?  

A better analogy would be "Loose lips cause are the same as intentionally setting explosives to sink a ship.."

Edited so no one could scream GODWIN!!, therefor showing they missed the whole point.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 11:42:36 AM by Sergeant Bob »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 02:55:27 AM »
Typical low quality fed.gov work, churned out by some E-3 who probably voted for Obama and thinks only .mil and cops should have guns. Of course, I never cease to be amazed at how virulently anti-gun .mil as a whole is, even though most actual service members are not.

Also, it's "Owners" not "Owenrs."  =D
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 10:36:49 AM »
Standard militarisitc propoganda.  Remember "loose lips sink ships", and all that kind of stuff? 

Na, the true glory of militaristic propaganda are the AFN 'infomercials'.  AFN Europe had infomercials so bad, Larry would be cringing at the poor production.

Levant

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 01:02:18 PM »
Probably something created by an E-3 in an orderly room.

More likely an O-3. 
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 04:59:59 PM »
More likely an O-3. 

The E-3 created it on order from the O-3.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 09:21:30 PM »
The E-3 created it on order from the O-3.

Thereupon causing all sentient lifeforms stationed outside the orderly room, be they E, O, or GS, to smack foreheads and roll eyes.

Been there, done that.  Got the squadron section commander to change his tune right quick on several occasions, myself.

BTW, let's watch the E vs. O Bravo Sierra here at APS, ok?

One never knows who's reading this forum.  Remember your audience, and all that...

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 11:04:55 PM »
When did they teach the officers to read?  ???

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 07:32:37 PM »
Thereupon causing all sentient lifeforms stationed outside the orderly room, be they E, O, or GS, to smack foreheads and roll eyes.

Been there, done that.  Got the squadron section commander to change his tune right quick on several occasions, myself.

BTW, let's watch the E vs. O Bravo Sierra here at APS, ok?

One never knows who's reading this forum.  Remember your audience, and all that...

I'm and E and have several O's that I would call friends.  It is just that we all know that E's really don't start thinking for themselves until they become E-4's.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 07:36:55 PM »
Thinking for myself is what kept me a Lance Criminal...  :P
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.