Author Topic: The Tattoos of Regret  (Read 17812 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
The Tattoos of Regret
« on: January 04, 2010, 02:52:43 PM »
Normally, such a critter is what happens after someone places a tattoo on a bit of skin that, for some reason or other, gets stretched out a bit and the original image is wanked.  Or, just a really poorly done / poorly chosen bit of ink.

What follows are of a different color (tattoo pun, yessir!).  I think nearly 100% of the following tattooed ones will regret their choice in less than a decade, no matter how well executed.

Behold!  I give you The Tattoos of Regret, Twilight Edition!:
http://www.geekologie.com/2009/07/sure_why_not_twihard_tattoo_ga.php

"This is a massive gallery of chicks with Twilight tattoos. Because Twilight is like the female equivalent of blowing *expletive deleted*it up with fireworks for a guy. Most of the tattoos are quotes and the book cover art. This one about the lion falling in love with the lamb seems to be particularly popular. And guess what ladies? That's not romantic. You see, I fell in love with a lamb once AND NOW I'M BANNED FROM THE PETTING ZOO. Miss you, Bleaty."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
Re: The Tattoos of Regret
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 03:02:51 PM »
Is this some nutty girl thing involving messed up hormones? Getting tramp stamps that advertise a book or movie?

I don't see a male equivalent to this . . . I mean, how many geeky guys decide to get "StarTrek" tattoos while they're watching TV and playing video games in their parent's basement?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 03:08:34 PM »
Is this some nutty girl thing involving messed up hormones? Getting tramp stamps that advertise a book or movie?

I don't see a male equivalent to this . . . I mean, how many geeky guys decide to get "StarTrek" tattoos while they're watching TV and playing video games in their parent's basement?

Maybe not Star Trek, but how about WoW?

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=warcraft+tattoo&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g1

It's all dumb.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 03:27:55 PM »
OK, so I guess there's a wacky subculture I'm not acquainted with.

I think I'll keep it that way.  ;/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 04:17:31 PM »
I wish they'd post faces to go along with the tats. That way I'd know who to stay away from.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 05:15:05 PM »
I think nearly 100% of the following tattooed ones will regret their choice in less than a decade,

Seriously think it'll take that long?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?  That's so Eighties.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 05:17:08 PM »
Ha!  So funny and so going on my FB page!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 06:53:33 PM »

My 27 year old brother in law has Dragon Ball Z all across his back.  He's gonna have to wear a t-shirt the rest of his life or there's going to be a lot of erasing.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 10:46:27 PM »
Maybe not Star Trek, but how about WoW?

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=warcraft+tattoo&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g1

It's all dumb.

Could be worse.  Google "eyeball tattoo". 

Here's a hint.  It's not a tattoo depicting an eye.   
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 10:53:49 PM »
The most disturbing thing to me, is that one of those Twilight tattoos was on a dude. Also, this seems an appropriate time for this...

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 10:55:18 PM »
Also, I can't believe this little gem hasn't been posted yet (in this thread anyway).

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 10:57:07 PM »
The most disturbing thing to me, is that one of those Twilight tattoos was on a dude. Also, this seems an appropriate time for this...

You know, I thought that was a dude too...but look at the shirt.  Ever see the Seinfeld episode about "man hands"?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 11:23:19 PM »
Could be worse.  Google "eyeball tattoo". 

Here's a hint.  It's not a tattoo depicting an eye.   
I'm sorry I did that. That is nasty.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 11:28:06 PM »
You know, I thought that was a dude too...but look at the shirt.  Ever see the Seinfeld episode about "man hands"?

Oh dude... didn't even notice the first time. That ain't right on a lot of levels...

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 11:39:40 PM »
So if I got a full back piece done in UV ink of this:
http://www.webalice.it/edoras/Porta%20di%20Moria.JPG

A) How much would it cost (more or less)
B) How long would it take
and
C) Would I regret it in over a decade?

I wish I could use the <sarcasm> tag, but I've seriously been thinking about this for some time.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 11:51:26 PM »
Not just UV ink: outline of UV with black in center maybe. I still want a backpiece of an EGA with the eagle as an aquilla and the globe as an M.C. Escher mirrored ball. Not many artists good enough I'd trust them to do it, it'd take a lot of hours, and an artist that good would be a lot of $ per hour.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 11:56:20 PM »
Not just UV ink...
/facepalm

Have you even read the book/seen the movie?  :P
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 11:58:04 PM »
/facepalm

Have you even read the book/seen the movie?  :P

I get the reference and all, but it'd still be a bad ass normal tattoo. :P Plus, I hate UV ink.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 12:00:48 AM »
You're not supposed to drink it...  ;/

:laugh:

And I agree that it'd be a badass normal tattoo in black only, but I'm not totally sold on it yet.  =)
"And are you?"
-Douglas Adams

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 12:09:25 AM »
Definitely not the sort of thing you want to rush. :)

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 12:11:12 AM »
So if I got a full back piece done in UV ink of this:
http://www.webalice.it/edoras/Porta%20di%20Moria.JPG

A) How much would it cost (more or less)
B) How long would it take
and
C) Would I regret it in over a decade?

I wish I could use the <sarcasm> tag, but I've seriously been thinking about this for some time.
Just make sure that they put the thing well north of the waistband region. Otherwise... well, I might laugh myself to death - and I've always wanted to die miserable and wallowing in self-pity.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 12:12:07 AM »
I get the reference and all, but it'd still be a bad ass normal tattoo. :P Plus, I hate UV ink.

How subtle is the UV ink when exposed to normal light?  Be worth it to write "Help me, a demon took over my body!" or whatnot if it only showed up whatsoever under UV.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

taurusowner

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 12:39:24 AM »

As for me, I only have 2 tattoos.  The crossed pistols of the Military Police Corps on my left shoulder, and a simple wooden cross with "He is risen" under it in paleo-Hebrew script on my right shoulder.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 12:50:33 AM by Ragnar Danneskjold »

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 12:45:10 AM »

:lol:
I guess he doesn't want people to forget his nickname. The sunglasses on the back of the head is a nice touch.