Author Topic: Diet/food suggestions  (Read 5940 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Diet/food suggestions
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 03:59:02 PM »
It's not quite a simple mathematical thought experiment when it comes to calories in vs calories out. For example calories taken immediately before going to bed tend to not be burned in the same way as those eaten in the morning.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 04:07:59 PM »
It is a simple matter of calories in vs calories out.  Calculating the calories out is the hard part, and things like when you eat and what you eat can influence the calories out, but it still is a simple matter of in>out = weight gain vs out>in = weight loss.
Formerly sumpnz

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 09:10:15 AM »
Ah!  I found it:

The Hackers Diet

I recall this being an entertaining read.  I especially like what he has to say about plotting your weight on a moving average.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 01:23:13 PM »
She'd have a lot better long term success by increasing her intake to 1200-1400 cal/day.

My guess is that she's never averaged 1200-1400 calories per day in food (beverages are another matter), so going to that level wouldn't be a reduction. She has changed what she eats, though, and is sticking to a pretty strict regimen with the gym.