Author Topic: St. Louis Shooting  (Read 1109 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
St. Louis Shooting
« on: January 07, 2010, 04:20:12 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9D32K5O2&show_article=1

ST. LOUIS (AP) - An employee armed with an assault rifle and a handgun walked into a manufacturing plant Thursday morning and opened fire, killing at least three people and wounding five others, authorities said.

Several hours later, police were still inside Swiss-based ABB Group's plant, going room to room in a search for both the gunman and additional victims, police Capt. Sam Dotson said. Authorities had not confirmed whether the shooter was among the eight.

Fire Department spokesman Bob Keuss identified the suspected shooter as Timothy Hendron of Webster Groves, a St. Louis suburb. Dotson said Hendron is an employee of the plant.

The shooting occurred as a federal lawsuit Herndon and other ABB workers filed against the company in 2006 over their retirement plan was unfolding in a federal courtroom in Kansas City, Mo. Online court documents show that a bench trial began Tuesday and was expected to last at least three weeks.

The lawsuit seeks to recover financial losses by the workers' 401(K) retirement plan, claiming that ABB and its pension-review committee caused the plan to include investment options with "unreasonable and excessive" fees and expenses.

Gunfire broke out around 6:30 a.m. during a shift change, and 40 to 50 people were likely in the plant at the time, Dotson said. As shots began to ring out, employees scurried to find safety.

"Many of them sought safety on the roof, in boilers and broom closets," Dotson said.

Names of the victims were not immediately released. Police said three of the injured were in critical condition and two were in fair condition.

Fire Chief Dennis Jenkerson said firefighters and paramedics were standing by in case there were additional injuries, either from the shooting itself or from seeking refuge on the roof in bitter cold. The wind chill in St. Louis dipped below zero.

"It's cold, and shock sets in, hypothermia," Jenkerson said. "It doesn't sound good."

Dozens of emergency vehicles circled the sprawling plant on a day made more chaotic by several inches of snow that snarled traffic in the St. Louis region.

ABB Group makes power transmission and industrial automation equipment. The company manufactures transformers at the St. Louis site, which employs about 270 people. The company has operations in roughly 100 countries, employing about 120,000 people. Last October, ABB reported third-quarter earnings of more than $1 billion.

Thomas Schmidt, an ABB corporate spokesman in Zurich, Switzerland, said in statement Thursday that the company had received reports of the shooting.

"This is obviously a very serious situation and we are working to gather more information as it becomes available," the statement said. "The welfare of our employees is of utmost importance to us."

Word of Hendron's alleged involvement in the shooting stunned his neighbors in Webster Groves. Many neighbors described Hendron as an amicable family man who kept a well-manicured home for his wife and small boy.

"I couldn't ask for a better neighbor. We never had any problems with him," said Glennon Meyer, a 71-year-old retiree who credits Hendron with friendly gestures ranging from raking Meyer's leaves to bringing over a chocolate cake last Christmas.

A few years ago, Meyer said, Hendron mentioned something in passing about having problems on the job. Hendron didn't elaborate.

"Gee, I've talked to Tim many times, and he never exhibited any mental aberration," Meyer said.

Ron Hawkins, who lives across the street from Hendron's split-level home, echoed that.

"He seems like a really nice guy," said Hawkins, 72. "I know nothing negative about he and the family."

Attention, crazy people:

Shooting random people over your financial frustrations does not serve vengeance, nor justice.

If you flip out and want to trade your life and/or freedom to end the life of people who irked you... at least get THOSE people rather than innocent coworkers or court security officers.

Seriously.  The 401k administrators are not going to be on site at 6:30 in the morning.

Nor is the Social Security Director from the court shooting, at 8AM the Monday after a holiday.

Use your frickin' brains.  Maybe you'll even decide to take more constructive routes.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: St. Louis Shooting
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 04:23:33 PM »
Random prediction to go along with this.

Tensions rise in spring.  Historical trend.  Look how bloody mid-April tends to be across world history.

We'll see a lot more shootings this winter and spring.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 04:28:12 PM »
Shooting random people over your financial frustrations does not serve vengeance, nor justice.

If you flip out and want to trade your life and/or freedom to end the life of people who irked you... at least get THOSE people rather than innocent coworkers
People stupid/crazy enough to go on a rampage like this aren't bright enough to go after the real villains. (What a GREAT way to make your personal situation go from "bad" to "worse."  Idiot.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 06:59:33 PM »
Just wanted to log in and say it wasn't me. 

=)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 07:21:47 PM »
If you flip out and want to trade your life and/or freedom to end the life of people who irked you... at least get THOSE people rather than innocent coworkers or court security officers.

Better yet, just go out in the woods and shoot yourself. 

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 07:57:22 PM »

So you're saying that if he had waited a few hours, it would have been justified?
 ;/
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”