Author Topic: BBC: Human sacrifice on increase in Uganda  (Read 7164 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: BBC: Human sacrifice on increase in Uganda
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 01:20:12 AM »
I would.  Just so long as it was RevDisk, or MicroBalrog, not somebody important.   :P

Notice the Christian wants to sacrifice a pagan or a Jew.  Good to see yer keeping the heritage alive!

=D

(For the humor impaired, yes, it is a joke.  I really don't think Christians really want to sacrifice pagans or Jews.  But the reason why I own firearms is in case that changes.  ;)  )
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 02:48:16 AM »
Obviously, under most circumstances, I am not a fan of human sacrifice. 

Sure, I can and do condemn the practice.  But I really don't see the point of getting worked up about the matter.  It's sub-Saharan Africa.  What do you bloody expect?  I have no intention of going there.  While I respect folks who do try to make it a better place, I think the odds of success are equal to me being declared the King of all Londinium and getting to wear a shiny hat.  Possible.  But quite unlikely.

So long as they stick to doing so over there and don't bring it here, I could really care less.  I'll sternly frown and shake my finger at them, if it makes folks feel morally better about the situation.  But I don't see many volunteers who intend to do something about the matter, so why bother getting worked up about the matter?
Just to be clear, I am not really worked up over the sacrifice so much as the idea that some liberal would tell me it is okay because it is their culture. 

Of course, if that was happening closer to home, I certainly would be worked up.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 04:57:40 AM »
human sacrifice? we have that hear, I mean here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiFOFUGIhFE
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2010, 06:30:44 PM »
Notice the Christian wants to sacrifice a pagan or a Jew.  Good to see yer keeping the heritage alive!

=D

(For the humor impaired, yes, it is a joke.  I really don't think Christians really want to sacrifice pagans or Jews.  But the reason why I own firearms is in case that changes.  ;)  )

I know you're trying to tell a joke, but - um - there is no sacrifice of humans or animals or pagans or Jews in the Christian religion, other than the historic sacrifice of Christ himself.  Just sayin'. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2010, 12:50:40 PM »
The death penalty, with all its problems, is nothing like human sacrifice. The former is a punishment, the later is an appeasement. (Worse yet, it's an appeasement to some imaginary being.)
D. R. ZINN

HankB

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 01:10:43 PM »
The end of colonial rule and the rise of majority rule has brought so much benefit to the people of Zimbabwe, Uganda, etc., that it's hard to see how anyone could have opposed it.  ;/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 08:41:53 PM »
This is unreal.

This is not the first of the human sacrifice or killing witches stories coming out of Africa. This seems like it's been happening more and more over the last 10+ years in several countries there. What is going on here?

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 12:02:38 AM »
let's just say the book of Revelation is getting interesting [tinfoil]

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 12:43:43 AM »
Colonialism was the best thing that ever happened to Africa. The empires losing their hold and turning control over to the natives was about the worst. And if you don't believe me I'd suggest you look at the state of the former colonies...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 05:20:56 PM »
I don't see a problem with this.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 07:41:29 PM »
I don't see a problem with this.

WTF dude? You forgot the smilies!  =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G