Author Topic: Meet Mikey, 8: TSA Has Him on Watch List  (Read 9139 times)

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
Re: Meet Mikey, 8: TSA Has Him on Watch List
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 04:15:49 PM »
Wow. I didn't think the no-fly list would be quite this stupid. It's just a list of names? They don't have useful stuff like pictures, physical descriptions, age, race, sex, etc?

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 04:32:50 PM »
Wow. I didn't think the no-fly list would be quite this stupid. It's just a list of names? They don't have useful stuff like pictures, physical descriptions, age, race, sex, etc?

You're just asking for trannie suicide bombers there, mate.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 06:12:54 PM »

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 06:19:28 PM »
I think jamisjockey is referring to the fact that every attempted terror attack has resulted in more and more TSA/DHS rules & regulations, resulting in less and less privacy and freedom. In that way, they have been successful.

My point exactly.  Every attack has resulted in a creeping incrementalisim that invades every aspect of our lives. 
Ya'll just wait and see what happens when a bunch of homegrowns legally aquire some firearms and shoot up a mall or school.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 01:36:08 PM »
Yes- and just wait till some burka clad beauty has breast agumentation surgery with semtex instead of silicone. TSA is gonna LOVE that. "Please step over here Mz., and let me feel your boobs....."

Stevie-Ray

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 07:24:35 PM »
You'll never get me to say that TSA is "just doing it's job" or any other crap like that. We watched as 2 surly Mediterranean types that were annoying just about everybody in the area were practically guided through with hugs and kisses, while they damn near strip-searched my wife in her wheelchair.  I let them know in no uncertain terms what idiots they were. All their attitudes changed somewhat after that and we were on our way. Those people are so afraid of being accused of "profiling" they are completely reversing their train of thought.

Nasty Mediterranean men: No problems-let them be on their way
White infirm scarred women in wheelchairs: Whoa! Call for backup, we've got a problem ;/
On Sarah Palin.....The screeching moonbats, whose daily lives are a swamp of discontent, fault finding, anger, angst and every other dark emotion embraced by the left, can't stand to see someone who is normal and enjoying life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.....grampster

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 07:39:36 PM »
You... seem to have a magical delusion that Israel's screening system is not invasive to random, non-suspicious people.

In short - no.

any screening system is going to be invasive. the thing is the israel one seems to actually work. ours is a joke. all it does is create a visable presences that sorta soothes the ignorent, and even thats not working anymore since they've had too many screw ups.

my thoughts are, if your gonna be invasive, you better have real results. i would prefer no invasive, but thats not gonna happen.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010, 08:44:26 AM »
any screening system is going to be invasive. the thing is the israel one seems to actually work.

How does ours differ from yours?

How is ours more effective than yours?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010, 09:37:39 AM »
At least the guy was fired. 

Where did you read that he was fired? I read that he was disciplined "appropriately," but -- as usual -- they couldn't/wouldn't say what that meant.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2010, 09:42:55 AM »
Where did you read that he was fired? I read that he was disciplined "appropriately," but -- as usual -- they couldn't/wouldn't say what that meant.

At the bottom of the article, there is an update where they claim that he no longer works for them.  The author points out that it could be firing or quitting, they don't know.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2010, 10:03:28 AM »
some of you folks would not like the guys from el al either. they don't like folks who don't talk to them and could give a hootif it hurts your feelings. i know a moron that tryed to flex with them and his family left his butt at the airport and flew on without him when he got stupid and they denied him boarding
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2010, 06:50:42 PM »
How does ours differ from yours?

How is ours more effective than yours?

when was the last time someone with fancy underpants even got close to a plane over there?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2010, 07:16:16 PM »
when was the last time someone with fancy underpants even got close to a plane over there?

You realize an Israeli company screened underpants guy in NL, right? If our method had worked, it'd have worked there.

But besides, Israel screens everyone. And we don't just have searches in airports - we pat people down on entrance to every train and bus station, too. And shopping malls, hotels, colleges, courthouses, museums, and so on, and so force. Profiling? HAHAHA. Everybody opens their bags, everybody gets patted down or screened for metal. Everybody carries a state-issued ID card.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner