Author Topic: AP is calling it for Brown in Mass!!!  (Read 21441 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
AP is calling it for Brown in Mass!!!
« on: January 19, 2010, 09:24:40 PM »
Dems take notice.  The people are pissed and won't take it sitting down!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: AP is calling it for Brown in Mass!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 09:30:27 PM »
That was quick.  I expected weeks of counting and recounting, over and over until one of the counts showed Coakley as the winner.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 09:34:45 PM »
I expected weeks of counting and recounting, over and over until one of the counts showed Coakley as the winner.

I expected that or blatant, flagrant ballot box stuffing. Oh, well, it's not too late for the Taxachusetts state government to dilly-dally, cogitate, consider, reconsider, and generally take its own sweet time making the election official enough to send Brown to Washington, D.C.

On the "bright side" that far too infrequently sheds actual illumination, it tickles me to wonder how much fun the current occupant of the White House is having this evening, especially after flying up there to relieve himself of snotty remarks about Brown.

How's that for hope and change?
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 09:36:38 PM »
I think that's the sweetest part.  He went up to NJ and Mass and both of the candidates he went up for lost.   =D

She conceded bout 15 minutes ago.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 09:37:35 PM »
Evidently they couldn't find enough dead people for Coakley to win.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 10:01:08 PM »
Reports are they found lots of dead people on the rolls.  I guess they weren't enough.  She must have really tanked.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 10:02:49 PM »
Awesome! Gives ya hope for 2010.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Daniel964

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 10:07:50 PM »
Since she conceded does this mean they won't wait for the overseas military ballots to certify the election.

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 10:09:24 PM »
They'll probably wait.  I'm guessing a concession speech has no legal binding, as people have before 'unconcessed' and challenged the results.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 10:11:51 PM »
They will wait until the last possible second. That you can count on.

Good message sent. But with democrats being democrats, it will fall on deaf ears. And that's a good thing.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 10:12:51 PM »

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 10:25:42 PM »
I just had to tune into MSNBC to hear what the buzz was.

Chris Matthews was outlining a way to ram through health care and saying that the reason they were losing races was because health care wasn't done.

They are really on a mission.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 10:36:14 PM »
Chris Matthews was outlining a way to ram through health care and saying that the reason they were losing races was because health care wasn't done.

I don't think I've ever seen that level of denial.

If they try to ram the bill through by not seating Brown until after the vote, the mood in the country is going to go from dissatisfied to rage.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 10:43:57 PM »
Glenn Beck made an interesting point this morning.  The response to this election will tell us if the Democrats are honest, rational people who simply disagree with us on policy, or whether they've become irrational zealots who care about nothing but their radical agenda.

The country has sent a clear message to the leadership in Washington: pull back from the extreme left, come back to the center.  If you continue heading in the current direction, we can and will vote you out of office.

If the Democrats are rational, they'll heed the message and respect the will of the people, even if it's only out of a sense of self-preservation.  If they're irrational zealots, they'll double down on their agenda and try even harder to force their progressive revolution through before the everything comes undone for them.

Chalk Chris Mathews up in the "irrational zealot" column.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 10:50:40 PM »
get him a seat next to olberman
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 10:55:21 PM »
Glenn Beck made an interesting point this morning.  The response to this election will tell us if the Democrats are honest, rational people who simply disagree with us on policy, or whether they've become irrational zealots who care about nothing but their radical agenda.

Second one. No question about it.

they'll double down on their agenda and try even harder to force their progressive revolution through before the everything comes undone for them.

And that's what will happen.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 10:56:28 PM »
The man is either a pathological liar . . . or is just plain nuts.

Seriously. There's such a thing as being mistaken, even badly mistaken . . . and then there's being divorced from reality.

I expect to see him institutionalized at some point; when you see a press report that he's "in rehab," or "being treated for exhaustion" or "taking a well-earned vacation" you'd probably be right if you guessed he was in a padded room somewhere, or strapped to a bed with a Thorazine drip.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 10:57:44 PM »
Gosh, and I thought Obama and Coakley's cracks about Brown driving a pickup would have put it in the bag for Coakley. :)

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 11:02:06 PM »
I am absolutely thrilled with this result. The democrats thought that they where entitled to the seat and the people showed them that it is not theirs (democrats) just for the taking.  The irony of the whole thing is that Teddy's seat will hopefully tank his life long dream.  =) 
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »
The irony of the whole thing is that Teddy's seat will hopefully tank his life long dream.

Bwahahahahaha!
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 11:06:24 PM »
Oh, PS -- here's some good sore loser stuff:

Rep. Chris Van Hollen of Maryland, head of the House Democrats' campaign effort, said Coakley's loss won't deter his colleagues from continuing to blame the previous administration.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100120/ap_on_el_se/us_massachusetts_senate
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 11:08:53 PM »

If the GOP was half way smart, they'd say "Kill Obamacare or we dig our heels in on EVERYTHING, even our own pet projects."
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 11:13:42 PM »
Debbie Downer Wolf Blitzer on CNN, I'm waiting for him to start crying.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 11:20:01 PM »
The irony of the whole thing is that Teddy's seat will hopefully tank his life long dream.
Heh.
Say, I'd heard that it was Teddy who arranged to have the replacement senator elected instead of appointed by governor in Mass, so that Romney couldn't replace him with a Republican if he died earlier? And now Romney's out, and the Democrat governor can't appoint a Democrat senator, and the election gives the seat to a Republican...
Thanks, Teddy. Couldn't've done it without you.  :lol:

brimic

• friends
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 11:27:04 PM »
Say, I'd heard that it was Teddy who arranged to have the replacement senator elected instead of appointed by governor in Mass, so that Romney couldn't replace him with a Republican if he died earlier? And now Romney's out, and the Democrat governor can't appoint a Democrat senator, and the election gives the seat to a Republican...
Thanks, Teddy. Couldn't've done it without you.

I wonder if he was sober when he did that?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama