Author Topic: Mass. Brown campaigning for AZ McCain  (Read 22098 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Mass. Brown campaigning for AZ McCain
« on: January 20, 2010, 03:51:46 PM »
Just got a phone call on my cell phone with caller ID "Restricted" with a Scott Brown recording, stumping for McCain.

'Tard.

Looking forward to ousting that loser this next year.

And... it tells us how liberal Brown is.  If he'd chose an establishment aisle-crosser like McCain over a clean-up Tea Party candidate.

ETA:

Not so much how "liberal" he is... I meant something more along the lines of how devoted he is to the Tea Party movement/concept that put him in office, versus scratching the backs of establishment politicians that might have stumped for him.

I hope he realizes, damned soon, that McCain didn't do a damned thing to put him in office.  Voters did.  The grass-roots Tea Party did.

Eff McCain.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 03:59:59 PM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Mass. Brown campaigning for AZ McCain
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 04:00:05 PM »
Just got a phone call on my cell phone with caller ID "Restricted" with a Scott Brown recording, stumping for McCain.

'Tard.

Looking forward to ousting that loser this next year.

And... it tells us how liberal Brown is.  If he'd chose an establishment aisle-crosser like McCain over a clean-up Tea Party candidate.

I wouldn't mind squishy liberal candidates from the Republicans in places where true conservatives are unlikely to win (e.g. Massachusetts) so long as the Republicans pushed solid conservative candidates in places where they CAN win. They don't seem to do that though.

Instead, we get squishy liberals from liberal areas and moderates from conservative areas. (McCain, Crist, Lindsey Graham, <censored> Specter.)
That ENSURES the Republicans will not fix the problems.

If McCain were from Iowa or Wisconsin or Illinois, I'd be ok with that. Instead we get him from ARIZONA. We lose a solid conservative seat to a freaking moderate. I note Democrats are far better about putting liberals in safe liberal seats and moderates/conservatives ONLY when they have to.

I'm hopeful this year may be different, though.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

stuckonpolitics

• Stuck on Politics: Decals for Rightwing Extremists.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 04:10:28 PM »
I wouldn't mind squishy liberal candidates from the Republicans in places where true conservatives are unlikely to win (e.g. Massachusetts) so long as the Republicans pushed solid conservative candidates in places where they CAN win. They don't seem to do that though.

Instead, we get squishy liberals from liberal areas and moderates from conservative areas. (McCain, Crist, Lindsey Graham, <censored> Specter.)
That ENSURES the Republicans will not fix the problems.

If McCain were from Iowa or Wisconsin or Illinois, I'd be ok with that. Instead we get him from ARIZONA. We lose a solid conservative seat to a freaking moderate. I note Democrats are far better about putting liberals in safe liberal seats and moderates/conservatives ONLY when they have to.

I'm hopeful this year may be different, though.

That's a good point - my state GOP seems quite against primary challengers as well.  I don't get that.
Stuck on Politics: Decals for Rightwing Extremists.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 04:34:41 PM »
That's a good point - my state GOP seems quite against primary challengers as well.  I don't get that.
Could it be that the patrician class dislikes challenges to their rightful positions? (Patricians stick together against the plebes.)

Brown was stumping for McCain? Bummer. But McCain with his many, varied, and deep flaws is still not as bad as any Democrat. (The recent health care vote put a lie to the myth that there's any such thing as a "moderate" Democrat senator since every last one voted for Obamacare.)

Even though Brown isn't perfect, just remember the murderous lecher he's replacing . . . by comparison, Brown is STILL a mighty big step in the right direction. And far better than the leftist Democratic party apparatchik he was running against.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 04:44:25 PM »
I can't see him as not being better than Kennedy or Coakley.'

That and this -
2008  Based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionnaire sent to all Congressional candidates in 2008, the National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund assigned Senator-elect Brown a grade of A (with grades ranging from a high of A+ to a low of F).

Sometimes we have to tkae the wins we can get and keep on working for improvements.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 08:03:12 PM »

Eff McCain.

Likewise.  I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  McCain is *not* the person with whom I'd choose to associate, were I running on a conservative platform.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 08:17:11 PM »
I can't see him as not being better than Kennedy or Coakley.'

That and this -
Sometimes we have to take the wins we can get and keep on working for improvements.

I am so sick of "taking what we can get". Give me a big old glass of that Ron Paul, libertarian Kool-Aid (metaphorically speaking). Taking what we can get is exactly what got us into this mess.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 08:40:46 PM »
write Brown, & call him.
Tell him & the GOP/RNC.
& dump mcccain
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 11:48:42 PM »
I am so sick of "taking what we can get". Give me a big old glass of that Ron Paul, libertarian Kool-Aid (metaphorically speaking). Taking what we can get is exactly what got us into this mess.

Gee, I didn't know Paul was running in that election.
Try a big ole glass of reality kool-aid. It may not be quite as sweet as some of the other brands but it doesn't cloud the mind quite as much. Some times you have to play the cards you are dealt.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 09:14:35 AM »
Is anybody running against McCain in the primary?  That is where McCain needs to be beaten.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 09:48:59 AM »
Is anybody running against McCain in the primary?  That is where McCain needs to be beaten.

JD Hayworth hasn't announced yet, but McCain is already running attack ads against him... on Hayworth's own radio station (KFYI), on Hayworth's show.   ;/

Chris Simcox and Jim Deakin are both 1-2% candidates trying to annoy both of them in the primaries, too.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 09:49:09 AM »
Gee, I didn't know Paul was running in that election.
Try a big ole glass of reality kool-aid. It may not be quite as sweet as some of the other brands but it doesn't cloud the mind quite as much. Some times you have to play the cards you are dealt.

Reality koolaid like this?

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 11:49:25 AM »
I'll be having none of that Reality KoolAid thank you but no thanks! =D I think we've already had enough of that KoolAid and it is what got us B.O. Conservatives win by running and being Conservative. My dog is more conservative than McCain.
As for Paul, note, I said (metaphorically). :P
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 07:31:21 PM »
We're gonna get Ross Perot'd all over again, I just know it...

=|

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 07:47:39 PM »

=|

What, in 2010, 2012 or...?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 08:50:24 PM »
McCain, is far from perfect, but at his core he believes in America. While I once wrote a blog post entitled "John McCain is the Devil", he was, to loosely quote Cormac McCarthy "nothing compared to what was coming down the pike." Had McCain one(won for the homonym nazi's  :laugh: :laugh:) we'd be having a lively time trashing his squsihy centrism, but we wouldn't be doing what we are doing now, waiting for the other shoe that will announce that we are effectively in a larger, temporarily richer, Venezuela. Put him up there again and I'd vote for him again. Scott Brown is not perfect either, but when he is sitting in a chair that the hero of Chappaquidik farted in for 40 years; well then, he looks pretty damn good to me. 
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 09:06:47 PM »

If the 3rd party people learn to affiliate themselves with either party they can, and maybe, will win.  if they run as indepent they can screw things up royally. 
Scoot brown ran as an Indepent on the Republican ticket and killed them.  According to MSNBC he did NOT advertise heself as a Republican, he just run his campaing as "Sott Brown For Senator."

Instead of running as a 3rd party candidate, run as a Dem or Repub. 

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 09:37:29 PM »
Boys and Girls, it's time to take off the rose-coloured glasses and see Scott Brown for what he truly is:  a McCain Republican.  They are idealogical soulmates.  Brown is not a Ron Paulian or the second coming of Reagan.  He's  MA Republican which puts him right about the spot on the ol' Left-Right scale as McCain.

McCain gave Brown support from the beginning and now Brown has to pay-back McCain for that support.  And given the fact that they're cut from the same cloth when it comes to policy, well.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 09:58:59 PM »

Preach it sarge!
Reality koolaid gets us what?  Republicans who finally get their power back and do what? 
JUMP TO THE LEFT.
Then they piss everyone off and the ball is handed back to the democrats who do what?
SPRINT TO THE LEFT.
But anyone who dares say "Woah, wait a minnit, maybe we can afford to take a couple steps to the right?" gets branded an unelectable kook.

I hate you, reality.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 11:24:20 PM »
Unless the Dem's stubbornly march off a cliff, Brown's win killed Obamacare, and probably killed cap and trade, card check, and who knows what else.

"Vote for the man, not the party" no longer applies, not for the next three years. Not with the levels of bribery and extortion this administration has exhibited. The Democrats cannot be allowed both chambers and the presidency.

I'll gladly take a Brown or a McCain at this point over a Dem.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 12:26:55 AM »
Unless the Dem's stubbornly march off a cliff, Brown's win killed Obamacare, and probably killed cap and trade, card check, and who knows what else.

Trust me, the democrats will run over each other to march off that cliff.  They are already doing it.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 12:46:34 AM »
Trust me, the democrats will run over each other to march off that cliff.  They are already doing it.

There's been enough coming from "centrist" Democrats warning of a Coakley/Brown redux in November that it's looking less likely they'll march off the cliff. I'm not saying it's impossible for Obama, Reid and Pelosi to use thuggish tactics to get some Dem's to go Kamikaze, but I have to think that there's a dozen or two in the house and senate who value their seats more than loyalty to the leadership.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 01:02:33 AM »

Yep.
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YTIxZmJiOGUwMTViYjYxODVjOGYzNGUxOTkzNDcyYWU=
Hi.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 02:06:48 AM »

=|

And if Ross the Boss hadn't run we would have had what? Four more years of G.H.W. (Voodoo Economics) Bush. Ross didn't lose the election for (Read my lips, no new taxes) Bush, Bush lost the election for Bush. I think Clinton was just about as conservative as he was.
Then we got another Bush, who proceeded to get the country even more in debt, reaching across the aisle, making deals with The Hero of Chappaquidick. Next we had McCain running and losing (cuz let's face it, he just sucks), sho did a reach around on Feingold, which Bush signed, even while stating it was unConstitutional.
Mercifully, that was pretty much gutted by the SCOTUS this week.

For years it's been "OMG! we have to vote for the crappy Republican or the Democrats will win (which they did anyway). When the stupid party did win, they did as much damage as the Democrats.

Every Republican running for President has been progressively worse than the previous one. If Arlen Specter hadn't switched sides got the "R" nomination, we'd just have to vote for him because we can't let a Democrat win, which they probably would anyway.

I know we're not going to get a George Washington but, I think we can do a lot better than we have, if we quit taking whoever we can get, just because we think they might win.

Now there's some reality KoolAid.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 07:09:27 AM »
OK, Sergeant Bob, what's your solution? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife