Author Topic: Mass. Brown campaigning for AZ McCain  (Read 22329 times)

alex_trebek

• friend
Re: Mass. Brown campaigning for AZ McCain
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2010, 06:28:27 PM »
I don't care all that much that Brown won. The only bill he was needed to filibuster has passed. I don't think the R's could filibuster cap and trade like they tried on healthcare, even with Brown.  Too many of them support it.

As far as obamacare is concerned, nearly 50% of the country is already on government healthcare. Once that number climbs above 50%, a nationalized plan is inevitable.  The point is there is too much inertia to stop this, it was set in motion a long time ago, and R's didn't really do anything to prevent it when they had the chance. The reason they couldn't is because too many of them are RINO's.

People will follow leaders with integrity. Imagine the world we would be in now if the R's had that, and stuck by the principles of individualism, non-interventionism, and limited government.

That is why electing anyone with a R after their name is bad policy. The party lacks cohesion, they won't even have a platform.  How the hell do you get anything done if your party has no unity?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2010, 07:12:52 PM »
I disagree.  If we had even one or two more R's *squishy or strong, doesn't matter) Obama wouldn't be nearly the threat he is.

The guy who passed no significant reform in a year of rule is not really the biggest threat to Republic.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2010, 07:47:49 PM »
Why would Obama attempt anything like reform?  People like him don't believe in reform.   ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2010, 07:50:46 PM »
Why would Obama attempt anything like reform?  People like him don't believe in reform.   ???

Eh. By reform I mean his type of reform.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2010, 08:42:04 PM »
Yeah, I know.   ;)

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2010, 12:35:53 AM »
I don't think I can say it any better than these folks did. Sometimes, things have to get worse before they can get better. I agree that Brown being elected is an improvement, considering the circumstances, and is a win in the short term. But, electing more just like him, McCain, Specter, Snowe, Graham, etc, etc, is not the answer.

Funny, I said exactly that on a local radio show this very morning, and was laughed off the air by the hosts, who explained that people like me are "the reason we lose".

They are like a gangrene on the Constitution, slowly festering and rotting it away. If you don't do something about it now, you will end up losing the entire (Constitution) limb.

Yes.  This is something that irks me to no end.  If a compromise creates, funds, or grants power to an office or agency, it never, ever goes away.  All this crap about bipartisanship, cooperation, etc.(not that any of that is going on) still leads us down the road to destruction.

For the record I voted for McCain in the general election, because I thought Obama would be worse than he has been, and McCain would be marginally better. I have regretted that ever since, because I betrayed my integrety to vote for that man, I wish I would have just stayed at home.

I felt exactly the same, except for the staying home bit.  I voted for Ron Paul in the Republican primary; I should've voted for him again in the general election.  Felt dirty throwing in for someone I didn't believe in.

Sergeant Bob, et al;

Maybe I missed it while skimming through, but I haven't seen your solution.  I saw your platitudes, but the closest thing to a specific plan I found was to "let the failures [I can only assume this means people like Ron Paul, McCain, Badnarik] fail."  

I wonder how far we can go with that.  We can complain about the ineffectiveness of the Republican Party all we like, but I haven't seen any other party do any better.   =(

Fistful, what are you looking for, solution-wise(seriously)?  It's already been said above that the solution is reasonably articulate, principled conservative leadership.  We presently have none.  We have actors who don't want to be put out of work by new talent.
The overarching problem is that most of the current Republican party - which claims to support conservative values - is a joke.  Maybe they're scared now and they'll put on a show, but we won't know for sure until they get back into majority.  What happens then, when they get back to spending, and regulating, and doing favors again?  Will we still be glad that at least we kept those durned ol' corrupt Dems out?  Where is a single person I can stand behind?

I don't want a Great Uniter.  I want a Great Polarizer.  I want someone who will speak so bluntly as to plain the absurdity of today's government.  I want transparency from a man who will say what he believes, and do what he says.  Anything less is a compromise.
Anyone who pretends he can reconcile the irreconcilable differences between our founding fathers and today's creeping progressive liberalism is either fooling himself, or deceitful and committed to nothing but his own power.

I'll run for office.  I'll be the candidate of "no".  No bullshit earmarks, no tax increases, no corporate welfare, no, no, no.  I can be the Great Divider :lol:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2010, 12:47:22 AM »
I'll run for office.  I'll be the candidate of "no".  No bullshit earmarks, no tax increases, no corporate welfare, no, no, no.  I can be the Great Divider :lol:

Now that I love.  A few months ago, they kept saying the Repub's were the party of no.  More recently, they've been accusing us/them of obstructionism.  But they say it like it's a bad thing.   ;/

I don't want a Great Uniter.  I want a Great Polarizer.

And that is a very profound truth; that's precisely what is called for. 

Fistful, what are you looking for, solution-wise(seriously)?  It's already been said above that the solution is reasonably articulate, principled conservative leadership.

For a solution, I want you to tell me how we're going to get that.  Most of what I've seen from folks on your side of the discussion is description of the problem and description of the goal.  And I agree.  But how do we get to that goal?  I don't know.  I was hoping you would.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2010, 02:22:22 AM »
hmm, Conan is looking for a new job. :O it would be entertaining to saw the least. [popcorn] i can see it now, the master debater bear as VEP. have to be better than joe "the" biden =D

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2010, 03:05:37 AM »
Ron Paul already has the "DR No" moniker.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2010, 11:07:54 AM »
I'm not saying we should vote for Ron Paul (I don't think he is the answer, and I am not a wookie suit wearing Cheetos Eater) but we need to keep the pressure on those who "representative" us, most of whom only "act" conservative when there is someone in office who threatens their power.

We need to hold their feet to the fire by letting them know how we feel about their actions, get behind viable candidates (such as J.D. Hayworth) and let them know we are not afraid to make some sacrifices in order to uphold our values.

I don't have the answers but, I know we can not continue an the same path we have been on for so long.
Fear as a motivator only invokes a fight or flee response, and running away is not an option.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 11:22:07 AM by Sergeant Bob »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2010, 07:37:11 PM »
Solution: stop just electing the incumbent, stop voting for people based on "electability" or who the media likes the most, start voting for actual conservatives.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2010, 07:45:06 PM »
Solution: stop just electing the incumbent
We tried that last time around, and look where it got us.  No thanks, personally.

The time to go after an incumbent is in the primaries, not the general election.  If you beat him in the primary, great.  If you don't, suck it up and vote for the incumbent in the general, because if you don't you get guys like Barry and Nancy running the show.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2010, 09:04:59 PM »
1. I suppose I should've clarified that, but yeah one generally rids oneself of the incumbent in the primaries. We are talking about replacing RINO's like McCain after all.

2. Even poli-critters can learn. Keep voting for anyone who has an R beside their name, and the national leadership sees that. Refusing to let the Grahams and Spectors get elected (even via the dreaded "Perot'ing") sends a message too.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2010, 09:16:52 PM »
Solution: stop just electing the incumbent, stop voting for people based on "electability" or who the media likes the most, start voting for actual conservatives.

'Cause voting for Ron Paul was such a winning strategy. 

alex_trebek

• friend
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2010, 09:24:33 PM »
Voting for the RINO didn't exactly work too well either.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2010, 10:03:29 PM »
Voting for RINOs was better than what we have now.

RINO > Marxist

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2010, 12:23:38 AM »
Yeah, the world would be a better place if Ford had beat Carter.

Continuing to elect RINO's is why people like Obama get elected to start with. Give the people actual conservatives to vote for and it'll solve both our problems. All politics is local and all that, but while people like Michael Steele are in charge of the GOP we're screwed.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2010, 01:03:50 AM »
Continuing to elect RINO's is why people like Obama get elected to start with. Give the people actual conservatives to vote for and it'll solve both our problems. All politics is local and all that, but while people like Michael Steele are in charge of the GOP we're screwed.

All true, but how do we get these conservative candidates? 

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2010, 01:12:50 AM »
Voting for RINOs was better than what we have now.

RINO > Marxist

I am getting a lot of lulz out of this stuff. I really do agree with you, turd sandwiches really are better with cheese on'em!  =D

Think of it like a business. If you have employees who are willfully and consistently working to destroy your company, you'd fire them. Right?
Well, they are our employees. I used to be flawed in my thinking, the same as a lot of other people. Then after attending re-education camp I figured, "What do I have to lose?". :P
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2010, 01:18:10 AM »
OK.  Tell us how to fire all these RINO's.  And while we're at it, tell us how to fire the Dems, and fill the whole federalist govt. structure (state and national) with freedom-loving, red-blooded American patriots. 

We're waiting. 

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2010, 01:20:07 AM »
OK.  Tell us how to fire all these RINO's.  And while we're at it, tell us how to fire the Dems, and fill the whole federalist govt. structure (state and national) with freedom-loving, red-blooded American patriots. 

We're waiting. 

By not doing anything, just give up.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2010, 01:30:53 AM »
Really, you think we should do nothing?  Forget voting, or campaigning, or activism? 

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2010, 11:25:51 AM »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2010, 03:59:30 PM »
Indeed.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2010, 10:10:01 PM »

We're waiting. 

You first.

Oh wait, you're question has already been answered. We get that result the same way any free market product is arrived at. Refuse to buy the crap that's being sold, hold out for the product you want. We're enabling the R's, much like a parent letting their 30 y/o kid sleep on the couch. If we keep voting for liberal-lite, they'll keep giving it to us.