Author Topic: Beware "conservative" pollsters hawking polls  (Read 1461 times)

Waitone

• friend
Beware "conservative" pollsters hawking polls
« on: January 25, 2010, 08:17:30 PM »
http://bigjournalism.com/wthuston/2010/01/25/pollster-luntz-l-a-times-mislead-with-new-gun-poll/

I haven't studied the polls results but the review here leads me to believe we'll see this poll again when the anti-gun agenda is tuned up. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: Beware "conservative" pollsters hawking polls
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 08:29:11 PM »
[amazement, extreme] You mean leftist extremists fake polls for base political ends? [/amazement]
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 09:28:36 PM »
Just read the results.  It would really interesting to have a panel of questions to test the pollee's relationship to facts.  For example:
--True or False---Gun dealers at gun shows do not have to conduct background checks
--True or False---Government investigators are prohibited from gathering gun purchase information on suspects
--True or False---There exists a well-defined process for removing one's name from a terror watch list

You get the point.  I would find it fascinating to weigh the poll results by knowledge of facts.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

taurusowner

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 01:25:27 AM »
You get the point.  I would find it fascinating to weigh the poll results by knowledge of facts.

If knowledge of facts had any bearing on politics, the entire world would be different.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 09:29:40 AM »
If knowledge of facts had any bearing on politics, the entire world would be different.
Seldom would an incumbent be re-elected.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain