Author Topic: Ahhhhh! The smell and the sound......  (Read 6421 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Ahhhhh! The smell and the sound......
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 05:28:23 PM »
Well, it's one thing if you hurt a lot.

It's another thing when the MD says that your muckleflippin level is too high [low] and you need to take Wonderin(R) to fix it.  Then you need to take x, y, and z to correct the side effects of Wonderin, etc, etc, etc  ;/

I'm pretty much at the point where if I am concious, not bleeding uncontrollably, and don't have bones or other parts best kept inside sticking out, then I'm not going to see an MD.  =|

Last time I went to an MD was when I broke my arm.  Despite everything that modern medicine could do, it finally got better all by itself.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 07:21:34 PM »
true that, i'm stuck in a dark room without the pills(sometimes with them :facepalm:). =| but really, i have came to believe that no one should be suffering when there is a drug that will keep them from it :angel:. at least give them the choice and don't think less of them for there choice(whether or not they take the meds). [tinfoil]

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 07:25:28 PM »
His employer demanded he get aids or get fired.

That's one tough job requirement!!  >:D

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 07:37:49 PM »
That's one tough job requirement!!  >:D

DD

He is supposed to be actively participating in company meetings, not sitting like a bump and missing most of what was being covered.  Can't say as I blame the Boss after hearing how loud he plays his 65" TV with surround sound.  There is nowhere to go in the house and NOT hear it.  Drives me buggy!

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 07:53:49 PM »
i think DD was talkin' about hiv/aids [tinfoil] and that would suck [tinfoil]

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2010, 10:10:12 AM »
If you have alot of pain, and you are taking cholestrol meds, the pain is caused by the cholestrol meds.  Don't you read the side effect of the meds you are taking?  I suffered pain for around 15 years before I realized it was the cholestrol meds I was taking, I tried them all.  I have been off all cholestrol meds for 2 years and have been 100 percent pain free.  It was by accident I found this out.  I was scheduled for shots in my knees and shoulders when I ran out of Zetia.  It was two weeks before I could get a refill, had to see the doc, and all the pain went away during that time.  It is still gone.  And, there has been no difference in my cholestrol readings since then.  Remember, some doctors will LIE to you to get you to take expensive drugs.  I quizzed my brothers that have high cholestrol and they experienced the same problems I had.  They quit the meds and are also pain free.  One thing, our cholestrol was caused by heridity, not diet.

As for hearing....I do not go to meetings and conferences because unless the person is right in front of me so I can see them speaking, I will not understand what is being said.  Federal law requires a company to make an effort to accomodate hard of hearing employees.  If someone gets fired because they are hard of hearing, they will own the company....chris3

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2010, 09:39:34 PM »
As for hearing....I do not go to meetings and conferences because unless the person is right in front of me so I can see them speaking, I will not understand what is being said.  Federal law requires a company to make an effort to accomodate hard of hearing employees.  If someone gets fired because they are hard of hearing, they will own the company....chris3

I would guess you do not live in Arizona.  Arizona is a right to work State and as such, unless you are a union employee, you are subject to dismissal at your employer's discretion with no reason being given or required.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2010, 10:20:58 PM »
His employer demanded he get aids or get fired.
I'm quite sure there are employment law attorneys who would be happy to talk with him. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2010, 11:15:43 PM »
I'm quite sure there are employment law attorneys who would be happy to talk with him. 

It is quite alright.  The rest of us were sick of him not hearing, and shouting when he was talking, so we were thinking of a pillow party for him some night.  Between not hearing, snoring so loud the walls vibrated, and playing the TV at near full volume he might not have lived long enough to sue anyone.  The next issue he faced was falling asleep during meetings, so his hearing aids didn't help much anyway.

He got tested for sleep apnea and scored at 80 episodes an hour, an episode being stopping breathing.  He is on a breathing machine now and no longer snores, or goes to sleep in meetings.  Now if he can drop the next 100 pounds he would be down close to where he was when I met him about 30 years ago. ???

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 12:26:05 PM »
true that, i'm stuck in a dark room without the pills(sometimes with them :facepalm:). =| but really, i have came to believe that no one should be suffering when there is a drug that will keep them from it :angel:. at least give them the choice and don't think less of them for there choice(whether or not they take the meds). [tinfoil]

i think the issue here is not taking drugs that are working, but the issue with overmedication making things worse instead of better.

for weeks, katie was almost bedridden. before she went on any drugs, she was in some pain from her joints but functional. the day she started the drugs, she was not always in pain from her joints, but completly nonfuntioncal. she could barely get out of bed, she spent most her time out of bed in front of the toliet chucking anything in her stomach up. and when she would drag herself to work (strong work ethic in this family and they will work even when anyone else would say to hell with this) she was misreable and barely able to do anything. and this was with several diffrent medication proticals.
she was in such bad shape that she refused to take the drugs. once she stopped, the joint pain came back, but she was better off.

she decided to try finding a solution in the non traditional sphere and actually had it work. with a really strict diet, she can manage her symtoms and be functional (well, except the caffine ban kinda has screwed up her mood in the mornings  :P but cranky katie in the morning is better then sick as a dog katie so...).

the doctors would have medicated her into her grave. i think the only reason she's not dead or hospitalised right now is because she took the initiative and got off the drugs.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds