Author Topic: Paranoid ramblings of anti-gunner  (Read 14180 times)

freakazoid

• friend
Paranoid ramblings of anti-gunner
« on: February 08, 2010, 11:37:26 PM »
This isa peace this guy wrote in response to people open carrying at Starbucks. Holy cow, this guys nuts.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/02/05/notes020510.DTL

Hello and welcome to our store! Please, feel free to look around, make yourself comfortable, enjoy our fine offerings and, oh yes, by the way? Please, no murdering.

Also, no raping, gang-banging, popping off, stabbing, mauling, stealing stuff, or walking around in a confrontational macho huff, ready at a moment's notice to harass any of our normal patrons with a snarl and a vague threat of violence because you feel it is your God-given right, given how you are a card-carrying member of a pro-gun "Open Carry" sect that likes to strap unloaded handguns to your Wranglers, walk around in public places and freak people out. Thank you so much!

I'm sorry, I see you are still wearing your little weapon and strutting about like you are the rather doughy, bad-skinned king of the sand castle. Perhaps we were not clear? Shall we try it again?

Clearly, you are not a police officer. Therefore, the management, our employees and pretty much everyone within a 100-mile radius would very much appreciate it if you would put away that ego-fluffing man-toy that is designed solely to kill other living creatures and induce fear and ignorance as it regresses every hesitant advancement in the human soul back to caveman grunting lunkishness. Thank you again!

Oh, please do not misunderstand! We are all terribly impressed. It is so very patriotic of you to show off your little popper! Are you in a gang? Are you a drug dealer? Are you going to shoot some scary terrorists, Mr. pallid paranoid Constitution-misquoting videogame-addicted guy? Protect all of us here in the casual neighborhood coffee shop from those crazy liberals and their health care reform and organic pretzels? Thank you so much! But really, I think we'll be OK without your little display. Enjoy your frappucino, won't you?

What, no drink? You now wish to order nothing at all and instead plop yourself down in the corner, plug in your laptop and angrily scour Facebook all day for evidence that your ex-girlfriend, the one who left you two years ago at a full, what-the-hell-was-I-thinking sprint, is now dating a liberal or a pacifist or an atheist and is far, far happier than she ever was with you? We understand. We appreciate your desire to partake of our free Wi-Fi, buy nothing and not give a damn that we can't really stay in business that way.

Why, look at you! Refusing to step away from the counter and instead choosing to read aloud from your little card that says how it's completely legal to carry an unconcealed, unloaded firearm in a public space! Way to stand up for your rights! God bless America!

Turns out you are right. It is legal, sort of. Then again, so is eating gravel, wearing a giant hat made of cow manure and squirrel tails, and slapping yourself in the face repeatedly while ranting semicoherently about Jesus, masturbation and Shania Twain. And you don't see anyone doing that, do you? Except Carl over there?

We realize it might seem unfair. Far be it from us here at the neighborhood cafe, where families and small children and book readers come to chat and feel slightly better about their day, to ask you to leave because your energy is so low and repellant and also downright silly.

But nevertheless, I'm afraid that's exactly what we're going to do. We would appreciate it if you would take your business elsewhere. Right now. No? Very well.

We had hoped it wouldn't come to this. We had hoped to find a better resolution. However, in response to your insistence on carrying a firearm into our premises, we have no choice but to change our official policy, right here and now, on the spot.

Again, we mean no offense, you jingoistic lump of mancrazy. You are indeed well within your rights to be a thoroughly paranoid coward who has no real inner strength, confidence or social skills, to a degree that you feel you must carry a deadly weapon around to feel like you even exist. We understand your thinking completely. It's basic psychology. Very, very basic. Childish, even.

So then. Like any business, we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. But we realize there are some people for whom this is not specific or clear enough. We realize some people have to have it, you know, spelled out and publicly displayed.

Therefore, we have revised our list. Please note the new sign we have just posted on the front door. We have expanded and clarified a few things. We hope it helps.

Effective immediately on these premises, there will be:

* No murdering

* No raping

* No pillaging

* No gun slinging, pistol-whipping, sucker-punching

* No mauling, jabbing, stabbing, hating or undermining

* No screaming bloody murder

* No morons

* No panicking

* No testing on animals

* No jumping for Joy. While she appreciates your enthusiasm, our cashier is happily married. Thank you

* No live birthing

* No dumping

* No livestock

* No smoking

* No smoking the livestock

* No exit

* No way out

* No diving

* No spitting

* No way!

* No Crusades

* No "Star Trek" re-enactments

* No skinny-dipping in the half-n-half

* No doubt

Thank you so much for understanding. Free sample biscotti on your way out?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Paranoid ramblings of anti-gunner
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 11:48:28 PM »

Think his skull would explode if he knew women CCW as well?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 12:04:38 AM »
Let me guess. A freshman year creative writing student, right? Who else could manage to stuff three or four dozen cliches into so short a piece?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 12:08:24 AM »
He's someone with issues, for sure.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 12:39:51 AM »
I have a little rule for that guy. 

No writing. 

The horror. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 12:41:44 AM »
Mark Morford does gunguys.com.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

taurusowner

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 12:45:04 AM »
While Peet's Coffee & Tea respects all individuals' rights under local, state and federal laws, our policy is not to allow customers carrying firearms in our stores unless they are uniformed or identified law enforcement officers. - The Scavenger

I would make a point to go in there every single day, in uniform, with my Tim Horton's coffee and bagel just to show them the business they are missing.

mgdavis

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 12:47:25 AM »
I stopped at a Starbucks this morning. I bought a 12oz black coffee for $1.52, and then went and sat in a corner for a 1/2 hour to killed time while I was waiting for someone. I managed not to maul, steal, etc. despite the concealed pistol I was wearing.

Even if open carry was normal in this area I think I'd still cover up, just to avoid unpleasantness with people like this. I'd rather go unnoticed than make a statement.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 01:15:07 AM »
Meh, it's San Francisco what do you expect? The sooner that place slides into the ocean the better off we'll all be.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 01:18:08 AM »
Think his skull would explode if he knew women CCW as well?

Hell, someone inform him!  We got nothing to lose, and everything to gain.  I'm having thoughts of Gallagher and his sledge...  =D

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 03:34:35 AM »
Mark Morford does gunguys.com.

Seriously?  That would explain a lot, actually - there's a poster on one of Yahoo's gun boards who quotes gunguys.com religiously, and can't stand the fact that every other poster there can utterly destroy both his gunguys.com regurgitations and his own allegedly-independently-thought-up posts.  I'm slightly ashamed to say that I'm one of those who slaps Max upside the head with the facts so lacking in his posts.  Sure, I consider it to be a necessary job, but it feels a lot like the old cliche of having a battle of wits with an unarmed man.  Every pro-rights poster there destroys Max's positions with HIS OWN POSTS, most of the time, and he simply refuses to acknowledge it.  He's... dedicated, I suppose is one way to put it.

No surprise that his idol has all the same unthinking prejudices and hatreds.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 03:36:32 AM »

Even if open carry was normal in this area I think I'd still cover up, just to avoid unpleasantness with people like this.

So just so we're clear, your behavior hinges on your desire not to offend guys like Mike Moford, a VPC volunteer?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 05:23:00 AM »
/finishes reading article

It's... like he KNOWS me...  :O  :O =D
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 10:45:12 AM »
given how you are a card-carrying member of a pro-gun "Open Carry" sect that likes to strap unloaded handguns to your Wranglers

Obviously a Californian.

I never carry an unloaded gun.  Open or concealed.

Never used the pro-carry business card routine, either.  I should probably get some of those printed up. ;)
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

mgdavis

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 10:51:23 AM »
So just so we're clear, your behavior hinges on your desire not to offend guys like Mike Moford, a VPC volunteer?

Desire not to offend? Not really, more my desire to avoid confrontation. Also so I don't have a big "Shoot me first" sign on.

My motivations and reasoning are my own, and I won't defend them any further than that.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 10:55:07 AM »
I'd say more a desire to not have some VPC tool freak out and call the cops. Guess I'm not a big enough hero of the revolution to want to risk having a bunch of nervous guys with guns getting all SWAT on my ass for no particular reason. Now, when I was in AZ I open carried all the time, mostly because I wasn't 21 so I couldn't get a permit.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 10:55:21 AM »
Wait a minute...  People go about, open carrying an unloaded pistol?  :facepalm:

That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.  It has every disadvantage of carrying (shoot me first, not blending in, causing a stir, extra weight, carrying something valuable on your person) and none of the advantages (being able to shoot when needed!).

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 11:54:31 AM »
Wait a minute...  People go about, open carrying an unloaded pistol?  :facepalm:

That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.  It has every disadvantage of carrying (shoot me first, not blending in, causing a stir, extra weight, carrying something valuable on your person) and none of the advantages (being able to shoot when needed!).

They're doing what they have to in CA.

I admit, I was pretty firmly in the "Jeez, what a bunch of attention whores..  ;/ " mindset about the whole OC movement as little as two years ago. However, in fits and starts, I've since done a complete 180, seeing the great work they've done in many places to push the RKBA envelope, and how it makes the anti's absolutely foaming-at-the-mouth livid, and say things that start to insult all gun owners in the process. Which serves to only marginalize them further and further.

And when OC becomes the debate, the truly dangerous debate about simple ownership/bans/confiscation gets moved a little further off the stage every time.

OC is not for me on a daily basis, but it absolutely has it's place as a form of very potent political expression.

The civil rights movement had those who did the sit-ins, braved the beatings, the dogs, and the fire-hoses, at the risk of engaging in hyperbole, this is the same thing in microcosm.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 11:59:13 AM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 12:27:02 PM »
The civil rights movement had those who did the sit-ins, braved the beatings, the dogs, and the fire-hoses, at the risk of engaging in hyperbole, this is the same thing in microcosm.

I see what you're saying, but this isn't directly comparable.

Civil rights activist broke laws they wanted changed, and risked prosecution for it.

OC an unloaded gun isn't breaking any laws, it's just stirring the pot without any real legal risk.  Comparable to standing on a soapbox on the street corner and ranting to whomever will listen.

Following in the footsteps of the civil rights movement would be carrying a loaded gun, illegally.  That's the law you want changed, yes?

Edited to add: Yes, I can see the other side of the argument...  that you're desensitizing the public to ordinary Joe's carrying firearms.  And yes, I see how this shift in public opinion could make it easier to pass CCW laws.

From a personal perspective, it still seems like a very poor idea.  Letting everyone know you have a gun... without having the usefulness of a gun?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:30:40 PM by Nick1911 »

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 12:51:02 PM »
What counts as "loaded"? Can you OC an unloaded firearm and have a mag in a pouch on the belt? ??? I'd take that option if I could. Would be far better than what we currently enjoy here.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 01:26:13 PM »
What counts as "loaded"? Can you OC an unloaded firearm and have a mag in a pouch on the belt? Huh? I'd take that option if I could. Would be far better than what we currently enjoy here.

That is what they are doing. The pistols don't have the mag in them, but they are carrying loaded mags on there belt.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 01:39:55 PM »
i want to OC in front of that guy  =D

i'll be wearing a pretty blue dip dyed skirt, white tank top, blue flip flops and a Springfeild Armory Mil Specs 1911A1.

i like it. the vibe, hippy chick with a gun.  :laugh:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 02:11:13 PM »
Here is a pretty good news segment, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYWz7BEEg1k I think the guy they interview that is OC does a pretty good job defending his position.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 02:21:18 PM »

And when OC becomes the debate, the truly dangerous debate about simple ownership/bans/confiscation gets moved a little further off the stage every time.

This.  I noticed this in Texas during the last session.  OC became the gun issue.  The other stuff the TSRA wanted was all behind the scenes.  It also drowns out the leftist ban-all-guns arguments.

In Texas at least, have the issue discussed in the media at all is a step in the right direction.  Forces a lot of people to think about it more.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 02:25:47 PM »
i want to OC in front of that guy  =D

i'll be wearing a pretty blue dip dyed skirt, white tank top, blue flip flops and a Springfeild Armory Mil Specs 1911A1.

i like it. the vibe, hippy chick with a gun.  :laugh:

Tsk tsk tsk.  You don't understand.  You are a woman.  You are supposed to weak, submissive and most certainly not armed.  Why, good heavens, you could hurt yourself.   No no, you are too fragile to be trusted with a firearm.   Besides, don't you know that only racist redneck males carry guns?

Ok, sorry, I couldn't continue that without starting to feel nauseous. 

Yea, as I said, this guy's head would probably explode if he met most gun owners. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.