Author Topic: Paranoid ramblings of anti-gunner  (Read 14183 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Paranoid ramblings of anti-gunner
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 04:08:01 PM »
i want to OC in front of that guy  =D

i'll be wearing a pretty blue dip dyed skirt, white tank top, blue flip flops and a Springfeild Armory Mil Specs 1911A1.

i like it. the vibe, hippy chick with a gun.  :laugh:

Oooh, post a picture - please!   :cool:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 04:14:28 PM »
Oooh, post a picture - please!   :cool:

actually, i would need to get a new holster and gun belt for that. i don't think balistic nylon and black leather would match.

i think a light tan leather would work...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 04:19:35 PM »
actually, i would need to get a new holster and gun belt for that. i don't think balistic nylon and black leather would match.

i think a light tan leather would work...

I don't think anyone here would notice the difference....or actually care.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 04:39:08 PM »
This thread is getting creepy.   :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 05:49:53 PM »
This thread is getting creepy.   :lol:

i would say thats a facet of 40% of thread drift here.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Waitone

• friend
Packin' at Starbucks
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »
This just in from a media source with solid leftist credentials.  Is anyone aware of an organization effort in other states?

http://www.alternet.org/story/145616/starbucks_cop-out_to_gun_nuts%3A_customers_served_coffee_while_strapped
Starbucks' Cop-Out to Gun Nuts: Customers Served Coffee While Strapped

Starbucks has become a popular gathering spot for some Second Amendment crusaders, and the company is pretending it doesn't have the power to keep them out.

February 9, 2010 

So you're at your neighborhood Starbucks, maybe with your kids, and you notice a man sitting at the next table who has a revolver strapped to his waist. Next to him, another man has a pistol. In fact, you realize as you look around, there's a table full of gun-toting customers just a few feet away, sipping coffee and doing nothing to conceal their deadly weapons. Aside from steering clear -- or else getting the hell out of there -- what can an unarmed citizen do?

If you live in California, or a state with similar "open carry" gun laws, the answer is not much. Starbucks, according to numerous media reports, has recently become a popular gathering spot for Second Amendment crusaders, who have generated a lot of local press in California over the last several weeks for going out en mass, their guns conspicuously at their sides, to assert their right to carry firearms in public.

"We're just a bunch of citizens exercising their Second Amendment rights," a large dark-clothed man named Gus Konstantaras told local news station ABC7 at a Starbucks in Antioch, CA last month. Konstantaras argues that, when it comes to Americans' Second Amendment rights, "if you don't use them, you'll probably lose them."

He didn't come up with that all by himself. "A right unexercised is a right lost!" is the slogan of the official Open Carry organization, of which Konstantaras is an East Bay chapter member, and which proudly displays a blurb calling its organizers the "shock troops of the gun lobby."

"Open carry," by definition, means "openly carrying a firearm in public," which is to say overtly rather than covertly. Most states have some sort of open carry laws on the books, with varying degrees of enforcement. At OpenCarry.org, the Internet home of the open carry movement, the group brags that their mission is growing in popularity, with more and more people discovering that carrying firearms in public is "legal and wholesome."

Starbucks denies that it has an official policy that embraces firearms. "Starbucks does not have a corporate policy regarding customers and weapons," a Starbucks spokesperson recently told the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, claiming that "we defer to federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding this issue."

But Brady Campaign President Paul Helmke says this is a cop-out. "Here's the problem with that answer," he wrote at the Huffington Post this week. "Generally speaking -- and certainly in California -- businesses have the right to bar guns on their premises. It is their property and, just as they can prohibit entry by people with bare feet, they can do the same for people with guns."

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Packin' at Starbucks
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 06:15:56 PM »
Already being discussed in Political as well as here:

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=22972.0

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 06:35:32 PM »
Being combined.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 06:36:14 PM »
Aside from steering clear -- or else getting the hell out of there -- what can an unarmed citizen do?

Go on about their business?

Thank the gun-toters for defending a human right and being prepared to deal with emergencies? 

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 06:39:05 PM »
i don't see why starbucks would kick them out. there little demonstrations bring out nice sized groups who are gonna pay for overpriced latte's and muffins.

if i was a starbucks manager, i wouldn't kick 'em out either. i would say that silly line about 'compleing with state/fed laws' and rub my greedy hands over all the extra business.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 06:55:50 PM »
Starbucks denies that it has an official policy that embraces firearms. "Starbucks does not have a corporate policy regarding customers and weapons," a Starbucks spokesperson recently told the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, claiming that "we defer to federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding this issue."

But Brady Campaign President Paul Helmke says this is a cop-out. "Here's the problem with that answer," he wrote at the Huffington Post this week. "Generally speaking -- and certainly in California -- businesses have the right to bar guns on their premises. It is their property and, just as they can prohibit entry by people with bare feet, they can do the same for people with guns."

Does Paul Helmke have some sort of reading comprehension issue?  I mean, aside from The Constitution?  Starbucks says "We don't have a policy." And he replies as if he heard them say "We can't legally create a policy."
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 06:57:35 PM »
Paul Helmke has a lot of issues, starting with basic honesty.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2010, 07:11:07 PM »
I've open carried in a few local starbucks  >:D
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2010, 10:06:55 PM »

Evil grubby...  Sigh.  Starbucks has to be reasonable.  So now I HAVE to go to Starbucks and buy overpriced chai.  Ah well.  I'll try to consider that I'm not buying overpriced goods, but rather giving the finger to the Brady Bunch. 

Actually, I was curious to how many members both the VPC and Brady Campaign have.  ...  And I think it's zero.  I looked on both sites.  No "join" thingie, only donation thingies.  Interesting that.   Because they claim that the Brady Campaign makes 48% of its revenue on membership.  Methinks I need to look over their tax returns, which are public because they're registered non-profits.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2010, 10:35:59 PM »
Paul Helmke has a lot of issues, starting with basic honesty.
I knew Helmke when he was mayor of Fort Wayne.  Was involved in local politics with him.

He's a lot of things, but dishonest isn't one of them.  He's one of Heinlein's honest politicians, he stays bought.  He's a fool, and a *expletive deleted*che, and a self-serving sack of human waste.  But when he was mayor he belonged to us, and he did his job (advocating for our policies) as best he could.  He got term-limited out, and the only other work he could find was with Brady.

So now he belongs to Brady, doing their advocacy as honestly and successfully as he can.  Guys like him exist to be the human face of a message or an organization.  He smiles, he looks friendly, and he tells the cameras what he's been told to say.  I have no problem with people being hired to advocate for a cause.  That he's advocating for Brady is entirely coincidental.  He never had an anti-gun thought in him back when he was mayor, nor a pro-gun thought either.  If the NRA had offered him a job he'd be working for us as well as he could.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2010, 10:58:50 PM »
I knew Helmke when he was mayor of Fort Wayne.  Was involved in local politics with him.

He's a lot of things, but dishonest isn't one of them.  He's one of Heinlein's honest politicians, he stays bought.  He's a fool, and a *expletive deleted*che, and a self-serving sack of human waste.  But when he was mayor he belonged to us, and he did his job (advocating for our policies) as best he could.  He got term-limited out, and the only other work he could find was with Brady.

So now he belongs to Brady, doing their advocacy as honestly and successfully as he can.  Guys like him exist to be the human face of a message or an organization.  He smiles, he looks friendly, and he tells the cameras what he's been told to say.  I have no problem with people being hired to advocate for a cause.  That he's advocating for Brady is entirely coincidental.  He never had an anti-gun thought in him back when he was mayor, nor a pro-gun thought either.  If the NRA had offered him a job he'd be working for us as well as he could.

He's making $118,807.

And I really like that it's just a job to him.  Means he'll be only mildly efficient, at best.  He has no stake in his argument but a paycheck. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2010, 11:07:18 PM »
He'll do it as well as he can.  He's a professional tool, and he takes his job seriously.

taurusowner

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2010, 12:17:25 AM »
I knew Helmke when he was mayor of Fort Wayne.  Was involved in local politics with him.

He's a lot of things, but dishonest isn't one of them.  He's one of Heinlein's honest politicians, he stays bought.  He's a fool, and a *expletive deleted*che, and a self-serving sack of human waste.  But when he was mayor he belonged to us, and he did his job (advocating for our policies) as best he could.  He got term-limited out, and the only other work he could find was with Brady.

So now he belongs to Brady, doing their advocacy as honestly and successfully as he can.  Guys like him exist to be the human face of a message or an organization.  He smiles, he looks friendly, and he tells the cameras what he's been told to say.  I have no problem with people being hired to advocate for a cause.  That he's advocating for Brady is entirely coincidental.  He never had an anti-gun thought in him back when he was mayor, nor a pro-gun thought either.  If the NRA had offered him a job he'd be working for us as well as he could.

What you described isn't honesty.  It's loyalty.  He is more than willing to speak outright lies about guns in order to achieve the agenda of his masters.  He is loyal to them as he was to you as a mayor.  But his is indeed dishonest.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2010, 01:08:37 AM »
He's making $118,807.

And I really like that it's just a job to him.  Means he'll be only mildly efficient, at best.  He has no stake in his argument but a paycheck. 

He'll do it as well as he can.  He's a professional tool, and he takes his job seriously.

somehow that seems just as bad as being a dishonest.  =| glad he works for their side, not ours. i'd rather have someone who speaks the truth and wants his side to win, then a lier or a proffessional tool.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2010, 10:54:53 AM »
So the anti-gun guy is a hired gun ?  :laugh:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2010, 11:04:52 AM »
somehow that seems just as bad as being a dishonest.  =| glad he works for their side, not ours. i'd rather have someone who speaks the truth and wants his side to win, then a lier or a proffessional tool.

Well, we have our own [deleted] lawyer working for the NRA on the Chicago SCOTUS case that Gura started.

His credentials?

Former US District Attorney.  As a goobermint lawyer, he argued against Gura and represented the goobermint during the Heller SCOTUS case. :facepalm:  Yep.  Represented the anti-agenda, goobermint control, outright bans... oh, yeah:  and he LOST.

Now the NRA has forced Gura to allow this [deleted] to consume some of Gura's precious oral argument time in front of SCOTUS.

So, we get our fair share of DBs, too.

Language, folks!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 11:21:51 AM by Gewehr98 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2010, 11:49:08 AM »
Well, we have our own [deleted] lawyer working for the NRA on the Chicago SCOTUS case that Gura started.

His credentials?

Former US District Attorney.  As a goobermint lawyer, he argued against Gura and represented the goobermint during the Heller SCOTUS case. :facepalm:  Yep.  Represented the anti-agenda, goobermint control, outright bans... oh, yeah:  and he LOST.

Now the NRA has forced Gura to allow this DB to consume some of Gura's precious oral argument time in front of SCOTUS.

So, we get our fair share of [deleted], too.

Yep, this one is an unforced error by the NRA.

It is one thing to hire the DB lawyer if he has a track record of winning and beating you like a drum.  Hire him and have him do a whole lot of nothing to remove a man of his proven skill.

But, hiring a guy you have wiped the floor with to carry your water?  Pass me some of what the NRA is smoking, 'cause it has to be the good stuff...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 11:22:30 AM by Gewehr98 »
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 11:58:57 AM »
* No murdering

* No raping

* No pillaging

* No gun slinging, pistol-whipping, sucker-punching

* No mauling, jabbing, stabbing, hating or undermining

I hope that foppish screeching works out well for him in enforcing those rules.

I hope that any gunowners that frequent charbucks skip the place and use their saving to buy a few boxed of SD loads.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2010, 08:14:44 PM »
I hope a long ship of vikings overruns his little hippy enclave..

You think gun nuts are good at raping and pillaging?  You ain't seen nothin' yet, skippy.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2010, 08:20:26 PM »
i don't see why starbucks would kick them out.

I would have expected them to, just out of fear that they would scare away more business than the gun folks bring in. 

But maybe the Starbucks customer base is really not as bed-wetting leftist as they're made out to be.