Author Topic: 2010 Kia Sedona reviews  (Read 31811 times)

Marnoot

• friend
Re: 2010 Kia Sedona reviews
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2010, 01:19:21 PM »
So is the Expedition the replacement for the Exploder  ???

The Expedition is just a larger SUV than the Explorer. Unrelated models.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2010, 01:26:37 PM »
Ford SUV, from smallest to largest:
Explorer
Expedition
Expedition EL

In Chevy-speak the models above would be equivalent to (in respective order):
Jimmy/Blazer
Tahoe
Suburban

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2010, 01:35:13 PM »
Ford SUV, from smallest to largest:

Escape
Explorer
Expedition
Expedition EL

You forgot the Escape!  Fixed it for ya!

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2010, 01:51:35 PM »
and you forgot to add the tracker(or what ever there calling it now) to the chevys :lol:

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2010, 02:07:26 PM »
and you forgot to add the tracker(or what ever there calling it now) to the chevys :lol:

The Tracker was cancelled a while ago, and was never really replaced.  The Equinox is Chevy's smallest SUV, and is a completely different type of vehicle.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2010, 03:32:18 PM »
 =D figured as much, seems someone want's all the cheap cars off the road. [tinfoil]

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2010, 03:37:07 PM »
I think the equinox is made in the canadian CAMI plant that made the Suzuki sidekicks and geo trackers
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2010, 03:45:49 PM »
I think the equinox is made in the canadian CAMI plant that made the Suzuki sidekicks and geo trackers

Could be, but again it's a totally different type of vehicle.  The Equinox is a front wheel drive unibody SUV.  The Tracker was, in many ways, a mini Jeep Wrangler.  Rear wheel drive, body on ladder frame, true 4X4.  Most of today's smaller SUVs have some type of all wheel drive system, even if it's marketed as "4x4".

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2010, 03:54:12 PM »
Well?  When are you going to come by and get me so we can go pick up chicks in the chick magnet-o-van?  :cool:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2010, 03:56:07 PM »
Wife had a '98 tracker.  Great little rig, miss it.  Very basic and spartan, though, but it was still a neat rig.  Traded it in on a Suzuki Vitara.  The tracker was the only car we traded in where the first offer was for more than we owed, and then the dealer had it sold before they got done detailing it. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2010, 04:03:44 PM »
Cousin of mine has a Suzuki Sidekick.  Dirt simple, not exactly comfortable, and about as fancy as a cardboard box, but dang if that little sucker isn't tough as nails.  She's tortured it for the better part of fifteen years and it still hangs in there.  I know she's run it out of oil at least twice, the transmission sounds like a blender full of ball bearings, and the CV joints clatter like playing cards in bicycle spokes, but the little 'Zuke still keeps trucking.

Brad
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 04:10:25 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2010, 04:31:10 PM »
Cousin of mine has a Suzuki Sidekick.  Dirt simple, not exactly comfortable, and about as fancy as a cardboard box, but dang if that little sucker isn't tough as nails.  She's tortured it for the better part of fifteen years and it still hangs in there.  I know she's run it out of oil at least twice, the transmission sounds like a blender full of ball bearings, and the CV joints clatter like playing cards in bicycle spokes, but the little 'Zuke still keeps trucking.

Brad

My wife's cousin had one of those.  It was a decent little rig, but he drove it like an idiot.  They came up in the mountains see us and we went local sightseeing, and I thought he was going to kill us all.  :O

One of those would actually be handy where we live now - take off the top and use it like an oversize ATV :)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2010, 04:38:47 PM »
I had a 89 sidekick as my first new car.
My wife cried when we traded it in on a 4 door Sidekick.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2010, 05:04:58 PM »
Well?  When are you going to come by and get me so we can go pick up chicks in the chick magnet-o-van?  :cool:

Haven't bought one yet.  We're still shopping.

Chris

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2010, 05:22:46 PM »
Haven't bought one yet.  We're still shopping.

Chris

Dang it man!  Pull the trigger already!   :P
JD

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2010, 05:30:31 PM »
get a swagger wagon!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2010, 09:45:56 AM »
=D figured as much, seems someone want's all the cheap cars off the road. [tinfoil]

Not so....they still make the cheap cars.....they just charge more for them....  :lol:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2010, 11:05:13 AM »
My recollection is the Explorer is built on the Ranger frame, and the Expedition is built on the F-150 (or bigger).

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2010, 11:21:37 AM »
My recollection is the Explorer is built on the Ranger frame, and the Expedition is built on the F-150 (or bigger).

That's what I thought, which would have made it roughly analogous to a Suburban - or maybe not  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2010, 11:32:57 AM »
The Explorer was built on the Ranger frame for a long time.  A complete redesign for 2002 changed that.

The Expedition EL is Ford's equivalent of a Suburban, except it is not available on a heavy duty frame.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2010, 11:37:31 AM »
The Explorer was built on the Ranger frame for a long time.  A complete redesign for 2002 changed that.

The Expedition EL is Ford's equivalent of a Suburban, except it is not available on a heavy duty frame.

BTW, there was a 2wd Suburban converted to dual rear wheels on a used car lot in Billings a few years back.  =|

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2010, 11:55:11 AM »
I've seen a couple of neat custom trucks around here.  One was a dually Suburban like you describe (not sure if it's 4x4), the other is an older Ford F-350 dually with a crew cab plus extended cab.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2010, 01:55:21 PM »
Chevrolet’s web site

http://www.chevrolet.com/suburban1-2ton/features-specs/

that their half-ton and 3/4 ton Suburbans have a cargo capacity of 137 cubic feet, but doesn’t say anything about “behind the first row”.  Can you remove and/or flatten the seats in a Suburban for greater cargo space ? 

In any case, 137 cubic feet is comparable to the Odyssey and Sienna capacities of 147 cubic feet.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2010, 03:20:40 PM »
Chevrolet’s web site

that their half-ton and 3/4 ton Suburbans have a cargo capacity of 137 cubic feet, but doesn’t say anything about “behind the first row”.  Can you remove and/or flatten the seats in a Suburban for greater cargo space ? 

In any case, 137 cubic feet is comparable to the Odyssey and Sienna capacities of 147 cubic feet.

Not sure.  Wife's is actually the big expensive brother of the Suburban, an Escalade.  The middle row folds forward, and the 3rd row comes out.  But, her middle row has the power fold option.  Maybe a 'burban without the power fold seats, maybe they'll come out?
JD

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2010, 05:11:18 PM »
Chevrolet’s web site

In our old Suburban, the second row folds down flat.  You can haul some number of 4x8 sheets of plywood then, only limited by height (well, weight too after a point) because the back doors slope inward.

The third seat is totally removeable, just like the older full size Blazers.  The newer ones - I think the 3rd seat folds down and there is a footwell too.

We use ours more like a pickup anymore.  I don't think the third seat has been in there for five years.  I wish I could convert it to a 4-door pickup with a short bed  =|