Author Topic: Looking for corporate sponsors..  (Read 1145 times)

Looking for corporate sponsors..
« on: January 15, 2006, 06:43:35 AM »
I'm not sure this is the best place to put this but if not, please ignore it.

It's time once again for our now annual Family Firearms Day and we're in the beginning planning stages.

We put on a day of events that are completely free for families. Last year, we offered rifle and handgun shooting, a modified version of trap shooting, a K9 demonstration, a Cowboy Action Demo, a pro-gun oriented firearms safety training, and lots of free food and snacks and a finger printing kit for each kid.

Last year's event, our first, went incredibly well, and we had about 40 happy kids and an almost equal number of volunteers.

This year's FFD will be at the Howell Gun Club, in Howell, Michigan on May 20th. There is no lower age restriction as we had a much younger group last year than we were expecting and it went very well. We do reserve the right to refuse to allow any child to shoot if the instructor does not feel they can safely handle a firearm but they will put every effort into making sure any child who wants to can shoot.

Below is a list of items we still need or would like to have. If anyone has any contacts with companies who might be able to provide these or would be willing to make a cash donation to help purchase the items, it would be much appreciated. So far this year, Trijicon has made a cash donation, and last year several companies, including Hornady, Ruger and Browning, and Live Safe Academy, all provided some items. The donors will be listed on our donor board and will have the option of having a banner or sign posted.

Wish list for this year:

-Ammunition: We're standardizing with .22 and 20 ga.

-Handiwipes
-Targets
-Bottled water
-Wrist bands
-Food (dogs, chips, juice, etc.)
-Items for goodie bags (stickers, targets, balloons, pencils, etc. anything kids would like.)
-Items for a raffle or drawing.

Pictures from last year:
http://www.firearmsalliance.org/FFDPics.htm

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 09:08:55 AM »
Barbara,

Will you take cash donations or would you prefer actual merchandise?  How about if a big box of .22 ammo was to arrive at your door?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 12:02:58 PM »
We'd sure take it! Anything at all is helpful. Any money we dont' spend on ammo can be spent on food or goodies for the bags or other good stuff.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 11:00:11 AM »
Bump to the top.

Email on the way.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 11:04:37 AM »
Oh, have you posted this over at THR?

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 02:06:06 PM »
Nope, haven't posted it there..guess I should.

I got your email, thank you very much (and from the other person who also sent one but didn't want to be named.)

I think I'll wait a little bit and see how things shake out in the next week..my concern is that we'll end up with lots of .22 ammo and then need something else, so I want to be sure we're getting things where we need them. Overall, its a low budget affair and I think at this point, we have the food (Trijicon donated enough to cover it all, I think) and ammo is covered. Anything from here on out will go towards some advertising, although most of that is word of mouth and flyers printed and delivered by volunteers, and goodies for the kids. We got word today that we may have another corporate sponsor who might be willing to buy a gun to give away. That's very cool.

I'm looking forward to this. I was sick for a couple of months and couldn't do as much as I used to, and I'm finally feeling like I can really get back to business and what better way to do it.

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 04:05:52 PM »
Maybe I will post there but request items that can be given away in a drawing to the kids. That way people can donate things they have already if they want to.

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 04:34:30 PM »
whereabouts is that in relation to cleveland?? how long of a drive??  might be able to donate all the bottled water ya need, if its within a reasonable drive.  i work for a bottled water plant  and can get as much as ya need donated.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 04:43:47 PM »
I work in Toledo and if you could do that, I'd drive there to Cleveland to get it or get someone else to!

How's that? Smiley

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 02:18:46 PM »
Works for me.  Email me at baus44atcomcastdotnet and we can work out a meeting.  I drive an occasional truck route out thataways and i may be able to save you the gas $

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 02:59:17 PM »
Sounds like a good plan. I'll shoot you an email. Thank you again!