Author Topic: Getting into North Korea: the Vice Guide  (Read 649 times)

Regolith

• friend
Getting into North Korea: the Vice Guide
« on: March 07, 2010, 07:17:06 AM »
This is probably the most surreal thing I've ever seen.  Basically, this crew that normally does insider travel guides for an online TV channel decides to try and get into North Korea.  And they do.

And then the weirdness begins.

There's three parts, and it's about an hour long total.  Also may have some NSFW language:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

I knew North Korea was pretty messed up, but damn...and that's just how they present themselves to outsiders. =|
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 07:53:16 AM by Regolith »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Re: Getting into North Korea: the Vice Guide
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 08:53:49 AM »
We had some natty geo journalists get into NK for a story.

Editing that video was an experience.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 09:42:26 AM »
That is both freaky and incredibly sad.

Welcome to most of human history though, I think we are the anomaly.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 12:36:23 PM »
We had some natty geo journalists get into NK for a story.

Editing that video was an experience.

The one where they slipped in with the eye surgeon?  You edited that?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 02:41:17 PM »
I've heard that a person with $2000 - a giant pile of valuta for them -can get out of NK. So, supposedly, a North Korean gets out, and starts working in SK to earn money for a relative back home. Then the relative gets out - and the North Koreans are supposedly excellent, hard-working dudes and get on very well once they get into the South.

True or not, I don't know.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner