Author Topic: Sailor Boy pilot bread - where to buy (AK members?)  (Read 7238 times)

PTK

• friends
Sailor Boy pilot bread - where to buy (AK members?)
« on: March 15, 2010, 05:56:21 AM »
If there aren't any stores that actually sell Sailor Boy pilot bread at a good price, are there any Alaskan members that would be willing to accept money to buy and ship me a case or two?  =)
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

stevelyn

• friend
Re: Sailor Boy pilot bread - where to buy (AK members?)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 07:25:22 AM »
Sailor Boy Crackers and Crown Pilot are available at just about every store up here.

Sam's, Costco, Walmart, Fred Meyer, Carrs-Safeway and the bush stores all carry them. They're also available from SPAN Alaska in Seattle.

I'd like to help you out, but I live 600+ miles SW of skAnchorage and it really isn't practical. One, you wouldn't like the bush prices and two, you wouldn't like the shipping.

I don't buy them out here unless I have too. I normally buy them at Sam's and ship them out myself or or purchase through Walmart and have them shipped from their bush order section.

Your best bet probably be trying SPAN Alaska. They ship groceries world-wide and since you're in the L 48 the prices and shipping will be much cheaper.

http://www.spanalaskasales.com/
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 07:42:12 AM »
$7/2lb box seems REALLY high. I seem to recall buying them for $3/2lb box not even three years ago.  =|

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 07:44:38 PM »
I've bought it from Top Foods here in Seattle before, though I don't recall how much it was.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 08:40:37 PM »
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_can_you_buy_sailor_boy_pilot_bread_online

Yes, thank you, I can Google as well. Did you even read that link? It's not helpful. It's the same I already had, at $7/box.

mgdavis

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 09:16:21 PM »
Ok. The way I read it the cruise whatever was $7/box, and call SPAN to see what they're running.

Tried that?

PTK

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
Right on the website they're listed at $7/box, with a half case (6 box) minimum plus shipping.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 10:46:29 PM »

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 12:44:08 AM »
What is it?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams