Author Topic: What's next? Just a hunch....  (Read 6006 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
What's next? Just a hunch....
« on: March 22, 2010, 12:25:10 PM »
Just a hunch, but Immigration reform will be the next battle.  The dems stand to gain millions of new voters by getting it passed.  If that happens, tossing them out will be much harder.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: What's next? Just a hunch....
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 12:27:23 PM »
And with the help of Lindsey #$*(#&$(*#^%*(#^$&#@()%*#$_*#_^%)*#()_&$@*()&*(^#&*^$&*#@^$)(&%#)&%$)@(&$)(@&%*(#&%$&*^%&*#^$(*#&$)_*@ Graham, they'll get it passed.

Yes, I'm feeling rather pessimistic today.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 12:40:52 PM »
tossing them out will be much harder

Don't you mean "absolutely impossible" ?   ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 12:42:24 PM »
When Obama promised that illegals wouldn't be served by ObamaCare, he didn't mean what the morons thought.  The reason illegals won't be served is that there won't be any illegals, they'll all be raptured into LaLa Land to forever vote D.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 12:43:46 PM »
This was quite obvious when "immigration reform" started suddenly getting LOTS of coverage in the past couple of days.

The dems ain't resting on their butts, they are pressing on. And, as noted above, there are plenty of traitors like Lindsey Graham to help 'em.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 12:54:33 PM »
This is a war that, unfortunately, in the most enlightened nation ever is going to wind up being fought on racial and ethnic lines.  No good American wants that, but it is inevitable.  The Left lives for race-consciousness; they are obsessed with it.  There are two Americas now: The Guilty and The Unguilty.   And they are about to collide, bigtime.  Those who live on and feed on guilt--the white liberal is the classic case; the media white liberal is the ultimate expression--are going to face off with the people who never owned slaves and never oppressed minorities and never wanted to.  When Obama pushes ahead with amnesty, and he will, he will have told "White America" they are history.  Behind the professorial demeanor lies a man for whom race isn't everything, it's the only thing.  Health care reform is part of that, and nationalizing industries is nothing more than part of the Great Leveling that in the end is about eliminating what the sophists like to call "disparate impact."  I would like to be optimistic about how this can all be resolved honorably and intelligently, but I admit it's hard to see a good outcome.  America will be told they are racists if they reject an amnesty, and they will be told that by racists themselves.  At some point whites will have a choice, embrace the term, with all that might imply, or surrender.  Ugly choice.  My wager is that the former happens, and an ultra-rightwing political party arises with a vengeance (same thing's happening in Europe now).  This will be an unfortunate but inevitable part of the grim dialectic.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 03:03:33 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 01:07:03 PM »
This is a war that, unfortunately, in the most enlightened nation ever is going to wind up being fought on racial and ethnic lines.

I was listening to the House debate yesterday.

Amazing how all the libs constantly divided Americans into gender/racial groups to expose weaknesses and attempt to frame guilt into a resellable package.  Health care discriminates against women, health care discriminates against hispanics, health care discriminates against blacks, health care discriminates against gays... bleh.

Gun sales will continue to spike.  Ammo sales will continue to spike.  Taxes will increase.

On top of that... in 2010 we'll vote in a bunch of Republicans who turn out to be TINO's (Teapartiers In Name Only) who run to repeal this legislation... and illegal immigration... and "reform government," but they won't do a damned thing.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 01:18:48 PM »
I was listening to the House debate yesterday.

Amazing how all the libs constantly divided Americans into gender/racial groups to expose weaknesses and attempt to frame guilt into a resellable package.  Health care discriminates against women, health care discriminates against hispanics, health care discriminates against blacks, health care discriminates against gays... bleh.

Gun sales will continue to spike.  Ammo sales will continue to spike.  Taxes will increase.

On top of that... in 2010 we'll vote in a bunch of Republicans who turn out to be TINO's (Teapartiers In Name Only) who run to repeal this legislation... and illegal immigration... and "reform government," but they won't do a damned thing.

Oh great! Another acronym to remember. Excellent point though.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 03:35:45 PM »
If they pass an amnesty they'll have 20-30 million new D voters, at a minimum. Good luck tossing them out or repealing anything.

I really expect America to pull an Argentina in the next decade or so, as Obamacare comes to fruition and the laziest, most selfish and entitled generation ever all start to retire and demand their "rights" to medical care and a fully funded retirement.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 03:45:28 PM »
The bad / scary part about immigration reform is that I think A LOT of R's will hitch their wagon to that horse because they're afraid of losing the latino vote (or wanting to gain it). I think Obama will have a much easier time with it than he had with health care.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 03:47:26 PM »
The bad / scary part about immigration reform is that I think A LOT of R's will hitch their wagon to that horse because they're afraid of losing the latino vote (or wanting to gain it). I think Obama will have a much easier time with it than he had with health care.

I know McCain will vote for it, guaranteeing his defeat to Hayworth this November.

It will make a good litmus for country club and RINO conservatives.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 04:04:35 PM »
Holy smokes... I just heard what happened with the abortion provision in this bill.

They stripped it out, and Obama "promised" to issue an Executive Order once it is signed, prohibiting use of Fed Funds for abortion procedures.

Who the heck would believe he will issue such an order?

What a shuffling of blame... the congressman/woman can say "we left abortion in the President's realm of responsibility, and he broke his promise to us!", and the President can say "well, I just signed the bill that Congress sent me."

What a travesty of irresponsibility and lack of statesmanship.
--Lysander Spooner

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 04:09:50 PM »
Anything that can be done by an EO can be undone by another one.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 04:15:36 PM »
Anything that can be done by an EO can be undone by another one.

TC

Also an executive order can't override the explicit language of a law.

So it was just window dressing.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 04:25:28 PM »
Speeches on the floor of the House just before the vote said as much.  "The EO doesn't do enough to protect against funding abortion, and even if it did it's just an EO and the courts will ignore the EO and uphold the contradicting pro-abortion language in the law."

Yeah, Supak simply caved.  The EO was nothing more than political cover for him, for the folks to dumb to think things through.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 04:37:17 PM »
Speeches on the floor of the House just before the vote said as much.  "The EO doesn't do enough to protect against funding abortion, and even if it did it's just an EO and the courts will ignore the EO and uphold the contradicting pro-abortion language in the law."

Yeah, Supak simply caved.  The EO was nothing more than political cover for him, for the folks to dumb to think things through.

And it doesn't make sense. Pro-life voters are VERY motivated. We won't be fooled by this crap. (Ok, won't be fooled AGAIN by Stupak, but up until now it looked like he was a principled pro-lifer. Now it's clear he's not principled and not pro-life. Fool me once, shame on you.)

One thing has resulted from this crap. I don't have much spare cash, but every month till election I'm going to make a donation to an opponent of one of the members who voted for this crap. I'm starting with Dr. Dan Benishek, Stupak's opponent.

I'm going to call up one of the Republican candidates running against Gerry Connolly (Keith Fimian) and see what I can do to help him.

We are starting a family and buying a house. We don't have a lot of spare time or spare cash. I'm going to use what I can to try to stave off the darkness for my to be born children. It might be a losing fight, but I'm going to fight. (I'm going to have a Plan B, though, since I'm not condeming my children to Weimerica.)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 05:00:55 PM »
And it doesn't make sense. Pro-life voters are VERY motivated. We won't be fooled by this crap. (Ok, won't be fooled AGAIN by Stupak, but up until now it looked like he was a principled pro-lifer. Now it's clear he's not principled and not pro-life. Fool me once, shame on you.)

Case in point.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 05:40:37 PM »
I'm going to use what I can to try to stave off the darkness for my to be born children. It might be a losing fight, but I'm going to fight. (I'm going to have a Plan B, though, since I'm not condeming my children to Weimerica.)
That's become my attitude lately.  I don't know if I can turn this mess around, but I do know that I have to do everything in my power to try.

I often wonder how the New Deal generation could have let all of that crap come to fruition under their watch.  I wonder it about the Great Society generation, too.  Why didn't they stop that stuff?

When my grandchildren ask me why I didn't stop this Obama crap, I want to be able to look them in the eyes and tell them I did everything I possibly could, that I did not surrender the greatness of America without a fight.  Even if we lose, I'll be able to explain what happened with honor.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 06:16:30 PM »
That's become my attitude lately.  I don't know if I can turn this mess around, but I do know that I have to do everything in my power to try.

I often wonder how the New Deal generation could have let all of that crap come to fruition under their watch.  I wonder it about the Great Society generation, too.  Why didn't they stop that stuff?

When my grandchildren ask me why I didn't stop this Obama crap, I want to be able to look them in the eyes and tell them I did everything I possibly could, that I did not surrender the greatness of America without a fight.  Even if we lose, I'll be able to explain what happened with honor.

^
This. Exactly. Donating, volunteering, running for office, these are things I am doing. Anything I can to try and stop this. I fear it's all for naught, but I have to try.
Hi.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 06:28:51 PM »
Most are thinking the Repubs won't be able to win a strong enough majority in November to overturn anything.

Do y'all really think that "amnesty" mean instant citizenship and voting rights for illegals?  Is there a bill in Congress to do that?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 06:30:31 PM »
I often wonder how the New Deal generation could have let all of that crap come to fruition under their watch.  I wonder it about the Great Society generation, too.  Why didn't they stop that stuff?

Because they were desperate. They would agree to any experiment FDR wanted to try, as they'd do almost anything to end the Depression. My father went to his grave grateful to FDR for a job digging a ditch, a make-work job that did nothing for the economy, but gave FDR the ability to impose a "progressive" agenda.

Obama and his cohorts know this. The only way to get people to accept really radical change is to make them desperate. He's off to a good start with what he's been doing the last year.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 06:57:45 PM »
I'm going to call up one of the Republican candidates running against Gerry Connolly (Keith Fimian) and see what I can do to help him.

Mak, Keith is a solid conservative from what I hear locally. Your money or support will be in a good cause, IMO.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 07:24:44 PM »
Because they were desperate. They would agree to any experiment FDR wanted to try, as they'd do almost anything to end the Depression. My father went to his grave grateful to FDR for a job digging a ditch, a make-work job that did nothing for the economy, but gave FDR the ability to impose a "progressive" agenda.

Obama and his cohorts know this. The only way to get people to accept really radical change is to make them desperate. He's off to a good start with what he's been doing the last year.
I had a grandfather who felt the same way about FDR for the same reason.  My grandmother would almost brag at times that he was a hobo for a short time. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 07:54:15 PM »
Stupak didn't cave: He was just holding out for some bribes.  See the other threads on the issue. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
Do y'all really think that "amnesty" mean instant citizenship and voting rights for illegals?  Is there a bill in Congress to do that?

Not in that sense.  In Oregon, illegals are given driver's licenses upon application.  All they need is the Mexican consular matricular card for ID.  And as part of the process of receiving the license, they get voter registration applications.  It is part of the "motor voter" law passed many years ago.
An Oregon is a complete vote-by-mail state.  There are no longer polling stations where you cast your vote.  Voter fraud is the norm here.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.