Author Topic: Tri-Care--the impact on Tri-Care by ObamaCare?  (Read 1115 times)

longeyes

• friend
Tri-Care--the impact on Tri-Care by ObamaCare?
« on: March 26, 2010, 02:46:12 PM »
I've been hearing from people I know who are vets that they are pretty disturbed by what they see being done to Tri-Care.  Anyone know anything about this?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Tri-Care--the impact on Tri-Care by ObamaCare?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 07:31:08 PM »
I am paying for Tri-Care and haven't heard anything yet.  The reason I pay is because I am not on active duty but by being in the Guard can purchase it cheaper than I can get health care through my civilian employer.  Not sure that Tri-Care is going to be affected much.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 09:15:48 PM »
I got a letter of some sort about it today, but have yet to read it. What I glanced at on the Tricare-Media center website said no changes for Tricare patients. However, IIRC Tricare's reimbursement schedule is based on Medicare. See where this is going?
I'll do some reading later and let ya know what I find out.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 09:46:37 PM »
I haven't heard or read anything yet that identifies changes. One thing I do notice is that the amount of health care providers that take tricare are dwindling. At least here in WV they are.

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 08:21:21 PM »
The United States Congress has passed major health care reform legislation, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, that President Obama signed into law on March 23, 2010.

Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said in a statement issued March 21, 2010, that the TRICARE military health plan meets the standards set by this legislation.

Secretary Gates reassured service members and their families that the legislation won't have a negative effect on TRICARE, and that their health and well-being are his highest priority.

TRICARE "already meets the bill's quality and minimum benefit standards," affirmed Gates. "The president and I are committed to seeing that our troops, retirees and their families will continue to receive the best quality health care."

http://www.tricare.mil/NHCB_default.aspx