Author Topic: Coffee Party? What's next - the Mary Kay Party?  (Read 1483 times)

Mrs. Inor

Coffee Party? What's next - the Mary Kay Party?
« on: March 29, 2010, 02:05:14 AM »
I am not computer savvy like Inor so I don't know how to post a link to Fox News.  But here is the text:

March 28, 2010 - 9:37 PM | by: Craig Schulz

Amid a climate of bitter partisanship, and following a bruising year-long congressional battle over health care, the newly-formed Coffee Party USA is attempting to counter the grassroots Tea Party movement with an organization committed to what it calls “open and civil” political discourse.
This weekend, the group held a Coffee Summit, encouraging interested parties to come together in local coffee houses across the country and discuss strategies for engaging members of Congress during the April recess.
Speaking to Shannon Bream on America’s News Headquarters, Annabel Park, the group’s founder explained that the basic principle of the group is very simple “it’s all about wanting to see civility in political discourse and seeing cooperation in the government.”
Park formed the group with a simple post on her Facebook page, then quickly realized there were a lot of other people who felt the way she did – that the political discourse had degenerated into shouting from both sides. To date, almost 200,000 people have signed up. She credits the group’s quick growth to the fact that “people want to be a part of the decision-making process.”
Some bill the group as a liberal alternative to the Tea Party, but Park says the group welcomes Americans from all political parties who are frustrated by government gridlock.
As for the Tea Party, Park says she doesn’t feel they are going about it the wrong way, just a different way.
She says the difference is that the Coffee Party “doesn’t want to declare war on the federal government. It wants to make sure the federal government is truly responsive to us.”
................................................................................................

The gal does not say this is a liberal response to the Tea Party movement.  However, her wording is definitely liberal. 

First of all I take it as liberal - because libs are unable to come up with unique ideas - especially an idea that has historical roots.
Second - Liberals are use phrases like or similar to "come together" or "civility in political discourse" or basically anything to show "they welcomes Americans from all political parties who are frustrated by government gridlock"  (i.e. think our way or else).
Third there is the usual wishy washy talk - "I won't hurt your feeling - so don't hurt mine".

The whole "lets hold hands-sing Give Peace a Chance - why are THEY so misunderstanding - but we forgive them - come together - and trust that the "federal government is truly responsive to us"     makes me feel... makes me feel..... (counting to a hundred here - nope - didn't work) - well I hope y'all got the idea.

If I didn't have jury duty tomorrow - I'd be out buying ammo.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Coffee Party? What's next - the Mary Kay Party?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 07:58:21 AM »
http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/03/the_coffee_party_con_1.html

However, there are some awkward footprints leading up to the purportedly spontaneous birth and the emergence of the "accidental leader," who turns out to have lots of help. About the time of launching the Coffee Party, Ms. Park attended what was billed as RootsCampDC at the Washington office of a liberal teachers' union called the National Education Association.

The list of attendees reads like royalty of the progressive movement: people from the White House, Harry Reid's office, the Democratic National Committee, the Center for American Progress, Change.org, the SEIU, MoveOn, La Raza, Organizing for America, the Alliance for Climate Protection, etc., etc. This Astroturf camp for progressives included people from NPR, PBS, and Firedoglake. (Was everyone at CNN and CBS busy?)

Ms. Park was a presenter on the panel, "Coffee Party: 100% Grassroots/Netroots Strategic Response to the 'TEA.'

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 09:16:13 AM »
Hmmm. An organized response to spontaneous public opinion. Where have we seen this before?

Let's see. The "grassroots" Million Mom March (heavily funded by the usual suspects) comes to mind.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 12:37:10 PM »
It won't go anywhere.  It is not coming from a true place.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 01:43:43 PM »
It won't go anywhere.  It is not coming from a true place.

I suppose you think Air America won't last as well... ;/ :P =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 06:52:11 PM »
Where is Joan Baez?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 08:08:42 PM »
Where is Joan Baez?

Taking a bath??  =D
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 11:09:16 PM »
Washing out her mouth, I hope. Anyone who saw her in Martin Scorcese's "No Direction Home" documentary on Bob Dylan knows what I mean.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 05:33:29 AM »
Some bill the group as a liberal alternative to the Tea Party, but Park says the group welcomes Americans from all political parties who are frustrated by government gridlock.

I dunno.  Somehow I like the idea of government gridlock.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 06:03:20 AM »
don't ask how i knew this was out there(hadn't seen it, i just knew) [tinfoil] but the tea party is the mary kay party =D