Author Topic: more from my friend  (Read 1243 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
more from my friend
« on: March 29, 2010, 10:41:54 PM »
"A day after Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich., and ten other House members compromised on their pro-life position to deliver the necessary yes-votes to pass health care reform, the "Stupak 11" released their fiscal year 2011 earmark requests, which total more than $3.4 billion--an average of $314 million worth of earmark requests for each lawmaker. *

Of the eight lawmakers whose 2010 requests were available for comparison, five requested more money this week than they did a year ago: Rep. Jerry Costello, D-Ill., Rep. Kathy Dahlkemper, D-Pa., Rep. Joe Donnelly, D-Ind., Brad Ellsworth, D-Ind., and Rep. Charles Wilson, D-Ohio.

The eleven members were the focus of high level pressure by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other top Democrats because they threatened to vote against the health care reform bill, which passed the House on Sunday, March 21, by a seven vote margin. Granting earmark requests are one of the ways leadership can encourage members to vote their way."

http://reporting.sunlightfoundation.com/...n-worth-earmar/
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: more from my friend
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 08:45:38 AM »
Link's dead. corrected here
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 09:34:09 AM »
And this surprises you?  This is the status quo. Nothing néw here.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 11:36:23 AM »
And this surprises you?  This is the status quo. Nothing néw here.
Doesn't surprise me, but it should still be shocking/disgusting to the American People, especially the constituents of those eleven representatives.

What they did is flat-out bribery. Normally illegal, is has become a way of life for Congress.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 05:54:49 PM »
I hope they are glad they got their 30 pieces of silver........
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 06:07:59 PM »
What they did is flat-out bribery. Normally illegal, is has become a way of life for Congress.

Yep. And the Democrat Super Majority Congress, and 1600 Pennsylvania Ave knows that at least 50% of the population knows it.

Wonder why the "Right Wing" and the "Tea Party" is getting all sorts of fecal matter thrown at it, with the hope that something will eventually stick.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.