Author Topic: Watching the watchers! Gonna have some fun!  (Read 11016 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Watching the watchers! Gonna have some fun!
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2010, 07:22:21 PM »
Or they wanted to be seen [tinfoil].

Or they never read Louis Manure. (Pardon me -- L'Amour)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2010, 09:22:46 PM »
So ... any update? Have you caught anybody yet?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2010, 10:56:32 PM »
I was wondering the same thing...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2010, 11:04:25 PM »
So ... any update? Have you caught anybody yet?

Nope.  Been spooky quiet lately.  No tracks uphill and no one watching from across the Valley that I can tell.  The dogs aren't fussing either.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2010, 11:44:19 PM »
You almost sound disappointed, GS.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2010, 01:41:23 AM »
Digital pics, of course, can always be cleaned up electronically, so any digital with optical and electronic zoom capabilities would be infinitely better than just the spotting scope.

There's a practical limit to how well digital stills can be "cleaned up," and it's way below what CSI shows.  Digital video of a relatively stationary or slow moving object (or multiple stills, but hundreds of frames work best) can be frame-stacked to get a pretty good image, though.  Something like Registax can even be used to track a moving, non-changing object (think car moving, maintaining a constant angle to the camera and thus a constant appearance - a person walking almost always changes appearance too much for this process) for several frames.

This is what I've used a few times on security camera videos to clean up otherwise marginal images into something more useful.  For example, the shot below was several seconds of 15fps video stacked to get a relatively low-noise image of the car, and take advantage of intermittent lighting.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2010, 01:44:36 AM »
You almost sound disappointed, GS.

You betcha!  I have been working non-stop to get things done around here and on the motor home before Mid May, and the diversion would have been fun. Nothing better than a good old game of hide and seek (circa 1969-70 =D)

Of course some of you don't remember the goood old days. =(

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2010, 02:22:21 AM »
You betcha!  I have been working non-stop to get things done around here and on the motor home before Mid May, and the diversion would have been fun. Nothing better than a good old game of hide and seek (circa 1969-70 =D)

Of course some of you don't remember the goood old days. =(

If it involves avoiding punji pits then I don't think it can realistically be called "good".  :lol: