Author Topic: VA APS-ers: Is the Potomac running red with the blood of the innocent yet?  (Read 10361 times)

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
Lack of live coverage on the major cable news shows.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

erictank

• friends
Lack of live coverage on the major cable news shows.

No blood coming down to my water treatment plant - but then, I'm on the Occoquan, not the Potomac  =D.

mellestad

• friend

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
There are two big gun rallies going on right now.  An open carry in VA right across the river from DC and an unarmed one in DC itself.

First "armed protest in a National Park" since the law changed.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
They've probably got those cop-killer teflon .55 caliber bullets that boil your blood. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
They've probably got those cop-killer teflon .55 caliber bullets that boil your blood. 

I've been meaning to get some of those for my 50 lb, single shot, fully automatic, bolt action, fifty cal rifle of right-wing extremism doom that I free hand when I shoot down airliners. Those are fifty five cal, that means they are five times better than my regular fifties, but I can still use them in the same gun, right?

alex_trebek

• friend

You mean the holowpoints? You know, the ones that are specifically designed to penetrate cops' vests, and annihilate entire playgrounds of children?

nico

• friend
personally, I'm not as worried about cop killer bullets as I am about that shoulder thing that goes up. . .

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Because I can't help myself....

Heat seeking bullets.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
I'm not that original.  Instead, I'll tell you what was spewed by the reporter on Fox 13
"some toting semi automatic machine guns...."

You can take a guess how smarmy and snarky the whole bit was.  Deep insinuations about those kooky bitter clingers without actually saying it.  Lots of "conservatives" and "right wing" comments.  I almost spewed forth some very bad language at the TV but my kids were in the room.
 [barf]
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Because I can't help myself....

Heat seeking bullets.

Heh.

Reminds me of a certain cab driver I met who insisted that the copper jackets on bullets were designed to poison the victim.  In case the wound wasn't enough, I suppose.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

geronimotwo

• friend
Heh.

Reminds me of a certain cab driver I met who insisted that the copper jackets on bullets were designed to poison the victim.  In case the wound wasn't enough, I suppose.

as if the lead wasn't bad enough?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
as if the lead wasn't bad enough?

I didn't argue the point with him, for obvious reasons.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

myrockfight

Those are the ones that will take off your (insert appendage of choice here) even if they miss by five feet!! Of course they are illegal, but you can still get them at a gun show through that loop hole they always leave open in the back of the building!

Leatherneck

• friend
The day passed remarkably peacefully. Imagine my surprise. The local talky faces are idiots devoid of original thought.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
The day passed remarkably peacefully. Imagine my surprise. The local talky faces are idiots devoid of original thought.

TC

But oh, the snark.  Cruising through some "major" and several small-town newspapers this AM I was unable to find any news on the front pages, as all the editorials had been moved there in the guise of coverage of what essentially seems to have been two almost-non events.  It's likely I'm as much to blame for that as anybody else.  I refuse to go to/through DC, so did not contribute to the staggering numbers of folks who showed up.

The problem, beyond the snark and editorializing, is that both events were over-billed.  Sure it would have been nice to get tens of thousands of folks converging on the Mall, but until/unless that happens the liberal ideologues will have their way in saying that insignificant numbers of fringe-group whack-jobs were the ones who showed up.  Perhaps I will reconsider my distaste for DC should there be a next time.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
funny how much press the MMM got, huh?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
I was at the armed rally--links and some pictures here

http://news.google.com/news/story?ncl=d76rgE1mQouD0yMIVEuvbVCmMQiaM&hl=en-

The event went as well as could be expected. Lower turnout than we would haqve liked. Hopefully we'll have more next year.

ETA: Looks like I made it onto NPR!

http://wamu.org/audio/nw/10/04/n3100420-33835.asx (Media player--I'm the guy from Vermont)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 11:47:34 AM by Jocassee »
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Jocassee -  seriously, what was the point of walking around with expensive paperweights slung across your back?

If a bunch of responsible, law-abiding citizens cannot trust themselves to peaceably assemble to discuss petitioning for redress of grievances while responsibly, law-abidingly carrying real, live, loaded arms, what was the point of bringing them?

The nanny-statist hoplophobic anti-gun press vilified you guys every way possible except for not having the self-trust to come actually armed (meaning ammunition in the chamber, ready to fire).

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Last year at IGOLD (Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day), we got over 5,000 people to show up in Springfield.  Not one peep from the Chicago MSM.  A week later, Jesse Jackson gets (e.g. pays) ~50 kids to skip school to protest violence and it's the lead story in the Chicago papers and the local noooooz.

This year over 7,000.....and from the Chicago media.....crickets....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
Jocassee -  seriously, what was the point of walking around with expensive paperweights slung across your back?

If a bunch of responsible, law-abiding citizens cannot trust themselves to peaceably assemble to discuss petitioning for redress of grievances while responsibly, law-abidingly carrying real, live, loaded arms, what was the point of bringing them?

The nanny-statist hoplophobic anti-gun press vilified you guys every way possible except for not having the self-trust to come actually armed (meaning ammunition in the chamber, ready to fire).

stay safe.

skidmark

The folks with handguns were loaded. We as organizers requested--not mandated--that people carry long arms slung, muzzle down with chamber flags. This was not to cater to the media. This was to assist the organizers and the Park Police in having a safe event. As the man with boots on the ground I assure you that our statement and presentation to the media and public at large was not lessened by the safety measures. In fact the only people who seemed overly concerned about it were the ones who didn't show up.

mellestad

• friend

stay safe.

skidmark

Is there any political benefit to be gained from carrying everything loaded?  If so, is it enought to offset the gleeful media headline of: "Pro gun protestor killed by gun discharge at anti-government gun rally!"

Just saying.

Declaration Day

• friends
I've been meaning to get some of those for my 50 lb, single shot, fully automatic, bolt action, fifty cal rifle of right-wing extremism doom that I free hand when I shoot down airliners.

I have one of those.  God kills 50 kittens with instant AIDS every time I open the case it's in.

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
I had the privilege of being at this rally yesterday with a smallish group of patriots at Gravelly Park in Arlington VA. The idea behind the event was to show up armed at Gravelly Point National Park in Arlington and demand the restoration of the Constitution.

My impressions which I wrote up on another board:

I spoke with all manner of reporters and media, not only interviewing but just generally being friendly and figuring out what impression they got of the event. While I doubt many agreed with us I think few walked away believing we were racists or purely anti-government. I remarked to one Liberal documentary film maker from New York, "You know, you'd be surprised how many of these boys listen to NPR." She replied that one reason they came down is because a lot of people are throwing around accusations about this movement and the Tea Parties but few are bothering to come out and ask questions. We were able to talk for a little bit but I left her with the thought that yes, we were mostly white and southern but we believed in Liberty for everyone.

I tried to clarify for every journalist that we were concerned about the actions of both parties and not just the current administration. I also made extremely clear that we were NOT celebrating the OKC bombing--I believe everyone except Huffpo got the message on that.

Also I thanked every reported for taking the time to come down, ask questions and see what's actually going on.

All in all, good event. Hopefully bigger and better next year.

I was interviewed by one cute chick who was kind enough to quote me in an online article for her magazine. Maybe you've heard of it, some outfit called "TIME."

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1983214,00.html

Up the Republic!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 05:57:05 AM by Jocassee »

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
I was interviewed by one cute chick who was kind enough to quote me in an online article for her magazine. Maybe you've heard of it, some outfit called "TIME."

http://www.time.com/time/nation/art...1983214,00.html
Linking fail.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1983214,00.html
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:44:04 PM by Zardoz speaks to you »