Author Topic: Raspberry Chipotle sauce on the way!  (Read 8717 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Raspberry Chipotle sauce on the way!
« on: April 28, 2010, 05:00:16 PM »
Despite trying to lead a healthier lifesyle for the last few years I have a guilty pleasure... raspberry chipotle sauce.  It's like dietary crack.  I eat the stuff on everything.  The best I've found is Fischer and Weiser.  To me it's the perfect blend of sweet and hot.  It's also made right here in Texas, down in the Hill Country.

Unfortunately it's $7-$10 for a 12oz bottle in stores and $10 plus shipping if you get it direct from them.  I might get two weeks out of a bottle so it's getting kinda expensive.  A few days ago I found out Amazon has 6-packs of 20 oz bottles $40.55 with free shipping!  The one I got is a variety pack that includes two bottles of Rasberry Chipotle, a bottle of Blueberry Chipotle, a bottle of Apricot Stir Fry sauce, and a bottle of Mango Ginger Habanero.  They also have singles in a lot of the products (F&W's product line is extensive, check it out at jelly.com)

I just got the email that it's shipped.  YAY!!

Brad

p.s. - The following are also Brad approved and highly recommended... Papaya Lime Serrano, Charred Pineapple Bourbon, Plum Chipotle, Roasted Blackberry Chipotle, Sweet & Savory Onion Glaze, and Pomegranate Mango Chipotle.  Their Sweet Sour Smokey Mustard is GREAT on brats.
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

PTK

• friends
Re: Raspberry Chipotle sauce on the way!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 05:04:48 PM »
That's pretty cheap here in MT, at Costco of all places. I seem to recall two 20oz bottles being a total of $8.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 05:11:26 PM »
Looked it upon the Costo web site.  Looks like they no longer carry the 20 oz version.  It's now six 16oz bottles for $39.99.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

PTK

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 05:13:24 PM »
Odd, because earlier today when I dropped my SO off at work (at Costco), I saw the bottles (looked like 20oz) still on display, still for ~$8.

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 05:16:53 PM »
I saw the bottles (looked like 20oz) still on display, still for ~$8.

Dang.  Wish we had a Costco.  *grump*

Brad
-HankB

PTK

• friends
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 05:18:42 PM »
So I may have to pick some up tonight when I pick her up, if it's really that tasty and also that good of a deal. $8/2 20oz bottles seems like a much better price than other places.

So is it overly spice, or is it as mild as it sounds? A bit of heat in the background, goes well on all sorts of things is what I'm hoping for.

J.J.

• Just your average
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 05:23:36 PM »
Heading to costco tonight.  Guess I will be checking it out.

Knowing my luck my costco won't have it and I will be forced to go to Gruene to try it.. and Have to pay th smae price as the website.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 05:28:11 PM »
So I may have to pick some up tonight when I pick her up, if it's really that tasty and also that good of a deal. $8/2 20oz bottles seems like a much better price than other places.

So is it overly spice, or is it as mild as it sounds? A bit of heat in the background, goes well on all sorts of things is what I'm hoping for.

Eight bucks for two 20oz bottles is a SCREAMING deal.  Heat is mild.  If you like hot stuff it's not much more than a strong tingle.  I'd equate it the heat of a mild picante sauce.

Brad
-HankB

PTK

• friends
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 05:33:43 PM »
Ah, excellent. If it's still there tonight (it's being demonstrated all day) then I shall buy some. I even have a coupon. :)

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 05:41:29 PM »
I even have a coupon. :)

I hate you.

Brad
-HankB

PTK

• friends
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 05:44:36 PM »

J.J.

• Just your average
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 05:45:01 PM »
Ok What is this coupon.. (starts digging through mail for previous costco coupons.)

PTK

• friends
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 05:47:37 PM »
It was in my "executive member" coupon booklet for the month, I seem to recall. I could be wildly wrong, I'll find out tonight.

Might just be that I'm in MT, and your location doesn't have it. I've noticed the coupons differ by region (maybe not state by state, but coupons here in MT are different than back East in New England, according to friends there)

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 05:52:05 PM »
a link just because i feel like being a _______. [popcorn] scroll down to "Hot Product Reviews and Discussion" and, have fun. =D

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 06:29:05 PM »
Stupid me, I had to follow the link.  Now I'm out another twenty five bucks for an order to Race City Sauce Works. =D

Brad
-HankB

PTK

• friends
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 09:05:45 PM »
$8.59 for a single 40oz bottle. I was close. =D

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 10:43:53 PM »
Bastige. Gloating, sorry, stinking bastige.  I hope you got the reject batch.  :laugh:

Brad
-HankB

PTK

• friends
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 11:37:51 PM »
TASTY stuff, and not all that bad for me. I think I'll enjoy keeping a bottle or two around.

Also, PM me an address, tell me if you want some bottles, they're plastic. Pay for them and shipping and I have no issue working something out instead of you paying an arm and a leg for them!

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 12:31:51 AM »
Also, PM me an address, tell me if you want some bottles, they're plastic. Pay for them and shipping and I have no issue working something out instead of you paying an arm and a leg for them!

I did some quick calcs and looks like the cost with additional shipping (presuming something like USPS flat-rate on a couple of bottles) would end up being almost idential on a per-ounce basis to what I paid for my six pack of 20-ouncers.  I definitely 'preciate the offer but looks like it wouldn't save me much, if anything.

TASTY stuff, and not all that bad for me.

Wait until you taste the Manger Ginger Habanero or Roasted Black Raspberry Chipotle.  ;)

Brad
-HankB

PTK

• friends
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 12:43:41 AM »
Er.... I just had the Roasted Black Raspberry Chipotle. I thought that's what we were discussing.

Also, Costco carries the rest, all 40oz, all between $8.39 and $8.59/bottle.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 12:46:59 AM »
If you have a Buffalo Wild Wings anywhere around, they sell a Mango Habanero sauce that is very tasty and spicy as well.  Got that sweet/hot combo.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

PTK

• friends
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 01:15:34 AM »
Already tried it, basically no sweet and entirely spice. Pass.

norinco982lover

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 09:45:03 AM »
What are you guys putting this sauce on?

Suggestions? I'm going to find me some...if I can...and see what all of the fuss is about!

Do you use it on stir fry? Wings? Other stuff?

~Norinco

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 10:26:57 AM »
Er.... I just had the Roasted Black Raspberry Chipotle. I thought that's what we were discussing.

Also, Costco carries the rest, all 40oz, all between $8.39 and $8.59/bottle.

The regular Raspberry Chipotle is what I was talking about.  The Black Raspberry Chipotle is even mo betta.

They have the entire line in 40 ouncers for that price?  Well... $%#!!!

Pretty much anything you can stuff into your piehole.  I try it on everything.

Brad
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:51:06 AM by Brad Johnson »
-HankB

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 10:47:21 AM »

Suggestions? I'm going to find me some...if I can...and see what all of the fuss is about!

Do you use it on stir fry? Wings? Other stuff?

~Norinco
this page has some suggestions. =D the link i posted earlier, has pretty much every souse know to man, and ideas for uses. >:D