Author Topic: How can this happen. When thugs are issued badges  (Read 17910 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: How can this happen. When thugs are issued badges
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2010, 03:50:20 AM »
oh my!  but i thought jonnie was a good boy.  were i not of such a trusting nature i'd toss about statements like folks putting their agenda on before the read and then reading into stories that which feeds their fire.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2010, 04:05:43 AM »
Next someone will say its entrapment  or not fair the bus hid the cop.
most folks can't imagine what a bike like that can do  many who own em don't ring em out, except on the internet.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2010, 04:41:21 AM »
oh my!  but i thought jonnie was a good boy.

For what it's worth, drawing down on someone for reckless driving may not be illegal in this instance (I don't know and don't care enough to find out) but I do NOT think it is the proper response for a plainclothes cop in an unmarked car. Too many possibilities end with one or more getting shot. I'm glad it worked out okay for all involved. THAT said, after that point all the searching, harassment, etc., is overkill. Ticket him, pull his license, whatever. Above and beyond that is total BS, and was done because of the video, I'd wager...

were i not of such a trusting nature i'd toss about statements like folks putting their agenda on before the read and then reading into stories that which feeds their fire.

You just did. =|

Next someone will say its entrapment  or not fair the bus hid the cop.

Not a f'ing chance - the biker chose his actions and can stew over being caught red-handed.  More than TWICE the damn speed limit... what the hell. At that point, he's a guided missile, kinetic energy "bomb".
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

• friends
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2010, 04:49:28 AM »
and its a felony stop  he got cut a huge break  and hes not outa the woods yet  not sure if they could amend charges

PTK

• friends
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2010, 04:52:40 AM »
I have no dog in this fight, I have no desire to debate, and I'm done posting in this thread. You guys seem to have it under control, just had to add my $0.02. :)
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

taurusowner

« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2010, 04:57:46 AM »
  • The bikers actions were both highly illegal as well as dangerous to himself and others
  • Sport bike riders have shown in the past both the predisposition and ability to successfully run from police
  • Stopping the vehicle in front of the bike appears to be the best way to prevent a high speed chase from ensuing.
  • Drawing a firearm during a felony stop as well as after high speed chases is standard procedure for most departments
  • And since the officer had no other way to really keep the subject there, drawing a firearm also seemed to be the most sure way to prevent him from fleeing
  • Lastly, drawing a firearm is generally not considered brandishing for police officers, and is not even deadly force.  The fact is, a police officer's use of force continuum is different than ours.  Deal with it.

If the officer had pulled behind the biker, or waited to a marked car, and the biker fled at high speed; what would you opinion be if he had then crashed into another motorist killing/injuring both himself and another?

I would also be highly skeptical of taking a criminals side of the story at face value, especially when he tries to shield all of the events from the public eye by editing out certain parts of the video before making it public.  But then again, when you are already predisposed to hate police, I can see where one would grasp at everything they can that makes police look bad, disregarding how reliable it may actually be.

Did everything work out perfectly?  Not really.  But I imagine that the only thing going through that officers head was "stop this joker right NOW before someone dies"  I can't really blame him for that.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 05:02:51 AM by Ragnar Danneskjold »

• friends
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2010, 05:00:05 AM »
boy reminds me of me at that age .  and thats not praise 

HankB

• friend
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2010, 08:47:15 AM »
. . . as far as i can tell the cop ids himself at 6 seconds in after getting out and the kid revving and backing up. i know jonnies a good boy but revving and backing up is sometimes a precursor to fleeing . . .
So you do recognize that the then-unidentified man with the drawn gun only identified himself as a cop after the motorcyclist may have been preparing to flee?

Would you also admit that fleeing an unidentified man with a gun who's advancing towards you is a reasonable response?

As far as the "johnnies a good boy" comment, I don't see anyone supporting the motorcyclist's reckless driving in this thread . . . the issues are the cop's actions both during the stop and their clearly retaliatory misuse of their authority after the videos were posted. Cycle boy's bad driving in no way justifies that.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

• friends
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2010, 09:46:40 AM »
i'd disagree i think he knew he was busted and wasa lying sack . unless you think he didn't see the marked car he passed in the median

• friends
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2010, 10:09:27 AM »
and what kinda moron after driving at 3 times the speed limit doesn't figure the guys a cop? especially after he turns all the way around to eyeball him on the ramp. those cops were hauling freight to catch him. and i'm gonna hazard  a guess and say they do give a  blank  about killing themselves or someone else.

plenty of folk defending junior  it made em not see a wheelie talk smack about the arrest being an assault as well as the usual claptrap i hope they find this thread and amend his charges that 161 ticket might get some time i pulled 12 months for 155   but that was virginia.  you reservists  how would this figure for a career enhancer?  junior did it  he lied his way from a misdemeanor into a felony   what a genius

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2010, 10:50:21 AM »

i think the worst thing is junior turned a misdemeanor into a felony  literally.  he got a traffic ticket   tried to play victim with the other girls on the internet. didn't consider that he was screwing with the cops career.  found out that the big dog bites and he gets a felony bust  to take through life.thats a career enhancer. 

Whoa better not post any video of police encounters on the internet or you may be "screwing with a cops career" and be deserving of having trumped up felony charges thrown at you. The sad thing is the video could be used as evidence against the motorcyclist, but the cop had to get offended and make up b.s. charges. Oh yea that's right your still claiming the wiretapping law charge was valid. Your a keyboard lawyer now right?

charges weren't false   he was charged under existing law. the judge tossed the case that happens  at some point they change the law. he did tape right? the law says two party. heck they mighta got a judge that let it stick  that happens a couple times and they change the lil notation about " courts and reasonable expectation of privacy" to a new notation.

The law says two party consent is required where you have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Do you think that applies OUT IN PUBLIC? Or is it only police officers have a expectation of privacy when their doing their job in public? Can't video tape the cops, especially when it might make them look bad! You have some strange denial issue where you seem intent on trying to say that the wiretapping charge was valid even though 3 posters and a judge here have refuted  that but hey you know better right?  Oh wait you want to courts to legislate the a new definition of reasonable expectation of privacy (did I hear a pro judicial activism argument) Yea that's right we should change the law to screw with the people you see fit.

in the real world you know what this cop is in real trouble for? being too nice.  he gave a snot nosed kid a real break dropped the miles over didn't tag him with all the hard charges didn't rough him up or impound his bike heck junior got a ticket and went home to momma.

Your right the cop should have given "lil johnny" a little Rodney King action, that would have taught him a lesson.  For all the crap you spew I wonder how you'd react if when your daughters got older a cop taught one of your  "lessons" you seem so eager for them to dish out to others.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2010, 10:56:06 AM »

C&SD, if you wish to troll, can you please at least start using reasonably correct grammar, spacing, capitalization, punctuation, et al?   I'm not being a grammar nazi and make quite a few mistakes myself, but if you can properly read our comments, you can see the Standard English languages which you can emulate.  I apologize in advance if you have a neurological condition that prevents you from using proper spelling and whatnot (dyslexia or whatnot), which I will admit is entirely possible and plausible. 

I don't beleve a single person here is defending the kid's actions.  He screwed up.  Everyone knows it.  That does not excuse the actions of the police in question.  The Constitution applies to everyone, including criminals and suspects.   There is no possible crime he could have committed that justifies an unsigned warrant.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2010, 11:13:25 AM »
i'd disagree i think he knew he was busted and wasa lying sack . unless you think he didn't see the marked car he passed in the median
So now you see a marked car in the median as equivalent to an unmarked car in front and the advance of an unidentified man with a gun. Brilliant.    :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

• friends
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2010, 11:34:08 AM »
The sad thing is the video could be used as evidence against the motorcyclist, but the cop had to get offended and make up b.s. charges.

Heck I'd be offended if i cut some punk slack  big slack and then they *expletive deleted*it on me  But I'm like that  especially if he cherry picked a short piece and had the audio magically recover.  Yea I'g break it off in him too.

Is that law still on the books? Then you can be charged with it  Heck we had a lawyer charged and convicted of adultery 5 or 6 years ago. doesn't ha[[en often. You can be charged  you go before the man in the long black dress he can decide to toss it. thats the way the system works. The subtle nuances between an unsuccessful charge and a false one are escaping you.  Because a charge or case runs contrary to your belief system or agenda does NOT make it false. When i was in school they taught about the various components of the judicial system apparently not anymore. That checks and balances thing seems to be working

Your right the cop should have given "lil johnny" a little Rodney King action, that would have taught him a lesson.  For all the crap you spew I wonder how you'd react if when your daughters got older a cop taught one of your  "lessons" you seem so eager for them to dish out to others.

After driving 160 its not out of the realm of reality to get snatched off the bike and face down on the pavement. Give it a try sometimes.
Maybe they could tell the poor boy was sensitive.

junior got his feelings hurt and lashed out at the bad man.  who gave him the big breaks.  found out that the bad man can smack back. life lesson mom and pop failed to instill.  tantrums have consequences.  that cop was way calmer than some i've seen who just had to fly through traffic to grab some entitled moron. Md state police  are second only to the Va state cops as far as being pros.  the secret service is next followed by the capital cops though i've only got reckless from the first three.

Bottom line is the only laws that were broken were by junior. Cop probably shoulda made the first word we heard on the tape "Police" he was 5 seconds late with that. And hes probably guilty of not appropriately charging junior at the initial encounter.But that can be fixed! As our young hero is finding out .All the noise about false arrest perjury grand larceny et al annoy me, as juvenile ranting is wont to do.

Oh yes , where that "unsigned warrant"? Our hero seems to have made his arrest report available but the warrant, smoking or not, is missing , kinda like the audio in the long vid that is magically restored in the edit. I know I won't be invited to the revolution  but his credibilty is shot with me he needs to put up or shut up.  He makes a poor martyr. But revolutions can't be picky  look how Che turned out

• friends
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2010, 11:36:53 AM »
So now you see a marked car in the median as equivalent to an unmarked car in front and the advance of an unidentified man with a gun. Brilliant.    :facepalm:

So nowadays you blow by a cop and think "he can't see me!"? Whenever I drove by a cop I always looked back to see if he pulled out after me.  Heck i do that now still.  things hace changed these kids are much smarter. :facepalm: :facepalm: [barf]

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2010, 11:45:34 AM »
I think it's time to stop feediing the troll folks. A lesson I need to learn myself over in RT at the moment.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2010, 11:58:32 AM »
i am curious  In the world view of some of you what would be the appropriate way to handle ?  how and why.. if you can.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2010, 12:48:21 PM »
So now you see a marked car in the median as equivalent to an unmarked car in front and the advance of an unidentified man with a gun. Brilliant.   :facepalm: 
So nowadays you blow by a cop and think "he can't see me!"? Whenever I drove by a cop I always looked back to see if he pulled out after me.  Heck i do that now still.  things hace changed these kids are much smarter. :facepalm: :facepalm: [barf]
Non sequitur, having nothing to do with a marked car in the median and an unidentifed man with a gun a few feet in front.

I think it's time to stop feediing the troll folks. A lesson I need to learn myself over in RT at the moment.
Indeed.  ;/

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2010, 01:00:05 PM »
Next someone will say its entrapment

nope. For entrapment to happen, the cop would have to have a functioning brain. This cop is clearly
an idiot.

-my last dose of troll food, couldn't resist-   [popcorn]
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2010, 01:22:54 PM »
The subtle nuances between an unsuccessful charge and a false one are escaping you. Because a charge or case runs contrary to your belief system or agenda does NOT make it false.

Are you being willfully ignorant?  
This is akin to an open carrier getting charged with disturbing the peace. It seems when someone is OC'ing every cop must know off the top of their head that its legal, and allowed or else their gonna get slapped with a civil lawsuit. When this cop wrote up this warrant, it wasn't in the heat of the moment on the street, it was in the precinct where he had access to look up the law, or consult a DA. He obviously did none of those.

For the wiretapping charge to stick the person being tapped must have had a expectation of privacy. Answer me this directly, no deflections if you can, Do you think you have an expectation of privacy when your in public. Why or why not? Do security camera's pointing out into a public street constitute felony wiretapping when recording people who have not given their explicit consent?  How is this any different than a mobile security camera?

You never answered me, What would you say if one of your daughters when they got older took after your penchant for minor legal infractions and got "taught a lesson"  by a cop? Roughed her up a bit and made her kiss pavement I'm guessing by your attitude you'd just go "Eh, you deserved it sweetie."

• friends
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2010, 01:51:43 PM »
Well bearing in mind lil jonnie never got face down, but its a nice dodge, I'll answer anyway. I've got girls so i don't hit much so far the 8 year olds gotten two swats and the young one 3. But if that was my son he'd have to move out.I'd say kick his tail but if that was my kid I'd have to face the fact that I raised a sissy who would probably call the cops after his whupping

Now to answer your question about if it was my girls?That would depend on whether my kid deserved it. Hopefully she will know better.The thought they might be like me does not bring joy to my heart.
   How do they do felony stops where you guys live? lil jonnie never got cuffed and his cheerleaders are crying rape. It wasn't till he got cute that he got schooled and the schoolings not over cid got the hd tape. His troubles are far from over.  They can do better than cnycacher with the hd vidtape. Sweet jeebus he shoulda kissed that cop and baked him cookies getting to leave with a ticket for going 80? Not losing the bike? watching it get scratched as it gets towed? He got a gift from the gods and then he screwed it up. 
Its even worse than what happened with the 2 border patrol guys at least they were trying to actually cover a fairly minor screw up when they file 13'd their careers . This kid was home free he went and revisited his crime tried to lash out in a girlish hissy fit and now knows why thats not a good idea.  Maybe it'll teach some others but I doubt it

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2010, 02:00:49 PM »
Its even worse than what happened with the Its even worse than what happened with the 2 border patrol guys at least they were trying to actually cover a fairly minor screw up when they file 13'd their careers border patrol guys at least they were trying to actually cover a fairly minor screw up when they file 13'd their careers

wow. Just wow. Your either a true beliver that cops do no wrong or your a certified troll

maybe both

Minor screw up. Shooting a fleeing suspect in the ass, policing their brass and covering it
up on the report. Minor. I don't want folks like that wearing badges. Man. You should look up the word integrity. As far as I can tell, you don't have a clue as to what it means.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2010, 02:04:23 PM »
Answer me this directly, no deflections if you can

Apparently you can't but good try anyway!

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2010, 02:17:01 PM »

;/

• friends
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2010, 02:30:26 PM »
wow. Just wow. Your either a true beliver that cops do no wrong or your a certified troll

maybe both

Minor screw up. Shooting a fleeing suspect in the ass, policing their brass and covering it

I failed to get you to comprehend. i should refer you to thr.us and the immigration thread where csmkersh  and i thrashed out where the agents went south, pardon the pun.

the screw up there starts when he attempts to knock the smuggler down with his shotgun guy ducks  agent misses falls down in ditch  minor fubar  ends here lesson possibly learned.  
But no  he got up and fired 14 shots and missed. bigger fubar but god looks after the stupid all shots missed.  again ends here minor consequences.
But no His partner comes over the ditch takes one shot at much greater distance hits him
at this point reality sets in and they go oh shoot
they don't try to get him  it gets worse  they wait till they see he makes it across the river so no body this side bad  
it gets worse they police their brass
don't make a report
leave
still no report
gets worse send another agent to police brass   (who initially lies but testifies against them alonf with other agent witnesses)
just when they think they got away with it the guy resurfaces and they talk with no or bad legal representation.

recap they started out being gung ho correctly directed a good thing.  first screw up attempted butt stroke a lil time off with.without pay if it ends there
14 shots  still just more time off
1 shot hit uh oh! now its serious but probably they could both keep jobs if they were more honest  from that point on yhey dug that hole deeper and deeper till they ended up with more than a decade as a sentence.  they turned down 1 year plea deals  the stupid it hurt so bad.

our young martyr on the bike is walking that same path   the stupid stride boldly