Author Topic: Chankiri Tree  (Read 9919 times)

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
Re: Chankiri Tree
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2010, 08:24:18 PM »
Just who has the USA dropped a nuke on?  Ever??

We did let loose with two atomic bombs, but afaik never with a nuke?

And if the Japanese, Cambodians, or Germans want to whinge about that - so what?

stay safe.

skidmark

If I am understanding you correctly, you are implying that America is just as evil as Japanese, Cambodians, or Germans just because we nuked Japan?  So, 5+million dead Japanese and a million dead US soldiers would be preferable to the 168,000 killed in the 2 bombings?  We did give the Japanese a chance to surrender before the second bombing.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2010, 08:43:44 PM »
Actually, we gave Japan another chance to surrender between the 2 bombs.  (Yes, hetting the "terminology" correct is important.  ;))

And no, I don't think anyone was saying the America is/was as evil as any of the other nations mentioned.  I understood the comment to be another example of the dissonance exhibited by the Japanese regarding the entire period of the Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere and their adventures in securing raw materials, land mass, and social/diplomatic intercourse by other than traditional avenues.

And there are enough folks here in America that also have some serious difficulty accepting that in spite of the ability to bring the conflict to a quicker end with a lesser loss of life than had it been necessary to follow the more traditional avenue of invading the Home Islands, we were and continue to be on the side of goodness and right in the matter.  Do you recall the flap a few years ago at the Smithsonian over how to caption exhibits relating to the atomic bombings?

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2010, 11:17:43 PM »
I mingle with Japanese people and people touring Japan occasionally (No...not at conventions...Dear Lord not at conventions).  Granted, I'm not saying "everyone in Japan hates America for bombing them," no.  Contrarily, Americans are still rather popular in Japan.  But the number of Japanese who talk about the evil bombings compared to the number of Japanese even aware of the stuff Japan did during the war is very different.

did i mention i'm 1/2 japanese and lived in japan? :angel:
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2010, 12:10:58 AM »
did i mention i'm 1/2 japanese and lived in japan? :angel:

Did you find that there was/is a greater distaste for you than the "pure" foreigner?

For some reason the "halfbreed" seems to get the even shorter end of the stick most often.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.