Author Topic: Foods that are toxic for your doggie.  (Read 4577 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Foods that are toxic for your doggie.
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2010, 03:28:49 PM »
oops
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2010, 05:05:18 PM »
Had a Weimaraner (sp?) years ago that stole a left over potato off the grill, foil & all. Next morning her bed was littered with a bunch of little aluminum balls. Call the vet:"Hell, you ought to see the stuff my lab eats, including pipe cleaners!"

My Lab/GSD loves potato peels, eats raw zuchini, chew but spits out raw carrots.

Bob
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2010, 05:09:43 PM »
I grew up giving chocolate to dogs. My boxer, when I was young, would share my Halloween candy. One for me, one for the dog was the usual arrangement. Never seemed to do him any ill, though I know it can poison them now. My beagle who died about three years ago used to LOVE grapes. HE liked to peel the skin off first, then eat the rest. Again, I never knew it was bad for him, though a few times he got entire bowls we forgot to pick up. Never seemed to do him any harm.
Hadn't heard about the onions. Or the garlic. My dogs eat both, guess I should stop giving it to them.

I am told the sugarless gums containing Zylitol(orbit, stride, etc) are especially lethal for dogs. Not specific to gum, actually, it's the Zylitol.
Hi.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2010, 05:46:47 PM »
Alright, lupinus.  Your dog is just a dog.  He is not all-powerful or all-knowing.  I'm sure you love him/her and everything, but that's just taking it too far. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2010, 06:33:17 PM »
The smallest member of our 3-pack is an old, fat Cocker we rescued. She is an absolute food hound and lives to eat. If we "starve" her, she goes out and forages for wood roaches. Kind of grosses us out, but we're used to hearing "crunch, crunch, crunch" when Sam's outside.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2010, 06:51:31 PM »
i think the real issue with chocolate is bitter sweet or unsweetened cooking chocolate. or this, and yeah it's good if you like that stuff. and a good addition to chili. [popcorn]
http://www.dogownersdigest.com/news/library/chocolate-dog-poisoning.shtml