Author Topic: Lucas Oil, Sea Foam, other snake oil  (Read 12743 times)

zahc

• friend
Re: Lucas Oil, Sea Foam, other snake oil
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010, 05:47:57 PM »
Right after I got it I looked in the radiator cap and the water was down so that I could see the cores. It was a bit brown in there but nothing like some of the dexmud cases I've seen. I immediately topped off the radiator and the reservoir tank with distilled water, that being the only thing I had at the time. A few days later the radiator is still full. I guess when I get around to it I will flush and refill with dexcool-compatible fluid. It sucks living in an apartment...I don't even have a garden hose to use.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2010, 10:04:03 PM »
Chevron "techron"- that stuff is great- cleans the varnish right out of those tiny orifices in the pilot jets and gets rid of the spring stumble a lot of bikes have.  Also, adding anything like stp or the like to thinken oil and help it cling is insanity. Oil film shear in the engine, and it takes a lot more enery to shear a thick clingy film which results in HEAT- thus causing performance reducing events like pistons that are firmly stuck to the cylinder walls.......

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 11:42:35 AM »
I've had real good results with Sea Foam. It revived a dead string trimmer, brought back the idle on my chain saw and quad, and keeps my fuel systems from gumming up over the off season.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G