Author Topic: The joys of home ownership  (Read 3434 times)

Daniel964

• friend
Re: The joys of home ownership
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 05:35:31 PM »
I'll add to the stories of woe. The wife and I are in contract to buy a house. Close date is June 10. We just got a call from our realter to tell us their had been a hail storm and damaged the roof of the house.

Good news is the present owner called his insurance company and their going to put a complete new roof on it. Something called three dimensional roofing.

Going to the realty office of the seller tommorow to pick out what color we want.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2010, 05:51:08 PM »
That is not a story of woe..  that is a story of awesome.  That means you get a nice new roof on the house for no cost to you and you even get to pick the color!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2010, 06:14:54 PM »
For some reason hail damage is more of a problem down here the last few years. This house has a three year-old roof courtesy of hail.

The "dimensional" roofing is shingles that lay over each other, giving you a stepped feel. Less expensive roofing has a dimensional look that's achieved by using lighter and darker shades of the same color.

As for those of you getting a kick out of these stories, your time will come. ;)