Author Topic: Likelihood of Hillary 2012?  (Read 7927 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Likelihood of Hillary 2012?
« on: May 26, 2010, 07:33:03 PM »
Had the news on, and they had Yoda... Er... Carville, and he was tearing Obama a new one...

Think he's ready to go to work for Bill and Hill again?

Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Likelihood of Hillary 2012?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 07:43:30 PM »
Please don't do this to me.  One of the few bits of silver lining in the 2008 election was the humiliation of Hillary Clinton.  The thought of her running again just sickens and demoralizes me.  =(
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:47:22 PM »
She's been working for it as SecState since Day 0 of the Obama administration.

That's why she wanted SecState rather than VP.  To get the foreign policy experience that she is lacking.

Frankly... watch for her to replace Eric Holder sometime in 2010-2011.  To get AG and law enforcement experience... or to replace Napolitano at DHS.

If Obama has taught her anything, it's that you can do a job for less than a year and put it on your resume as experience.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 07:57:48 PM »
I don't know about that. I thought Rahm Emmanuel did a pretty good job of neutralizing Hillary by telling Obama to make her secretary of state. It reduces her visibility.

In the 19th century, secretary of state was a job that could lead to the White House. Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Quincy Adams, Van Buren, and Buchanan all served as SOS. Nobody since then has moved from that position to president.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 08:23:35 PM »
Obama will be the Dem candidate in 2012 and he will most likely be re-elected.
The oposition from the right/conservative/libertarian/Tea Party will be fractured to the point that there will not ba a single cadidate capable of getting more than 50% and Obama will get a second term (1992 is a probable template).

Whishful thinking but there is always the hope that this will get some traction
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=158617
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 08:29:07 PM »

Likelihood of Hillary 2012?

Once upon a time I would have thought it was stark lunacy.  But then I thought that when the D.s ran Rod Blagojevich for Gov. here.  And the D.s ran BHO for President.  Stark, staring lunacy to vote for either.

Anything's possible.

or to replace Napolitano at DHS

You're scaring me.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 11:29:02 PM »
If Hillary is going to challenge Obama in the Democrat primary, she will be out of the administration before next year.

She won't try for another job or anything else. She will have to distance herself from Obama, otherwise why pick a candidate that can be smeared with the same problems but doesn't even get to claim experience or have the advantages of incumbency?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 11:50:31 PM »
I still have a LOT of bumper stickers...
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 12:01:53 AM »
 :lol:

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 02:31:38 AM »
So far her performance as Sec'y of State has been nothing short of brilliant...

Or maybe that's what Bill would say.  I don't think anyone else would.

The stormclouds have ben gathering while she's been globehopping, and I think it's even money we get some serious nastiness well before 2012.

Of course the aame idiots who thought she'd make a great President would probably vote for her anyway.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 05:30:26 AM »
If she keeps traveling to all of the places she's been going to, maybe she'll come under sniper fire once.  Then she can use that as story of her experience in her campaign.  :lol:

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 09:51:52 AM »
While I think her political career has been well and truly snuffed, I have to admit(and I can't believe I am saying it), I wish Hilary had won the last election. I mean, I'd have rather had McCain win, but while I despise Hilary, I don't believe she wakes up every morning, swings her tentacles out of bed and begins plotting how to destroy America. Sure, some of her actions have the same result, but they are the result of wrongheadedness and pursuit of political power. I have come to believe that Obama truly hates our country, and wants to see it destroyed.

Honestly, unless the GOP removes their collective head from their collective sphincters, I see Obama running and winning a second time.
Hi.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 10:01:53 AM »
Hillary studied from the same playbook as Obama.  Just because she's put away the granny glasses and the granola doesn't mean she's put away her Gramsci.  If anything her administration would be even more dangerous, operating under the cover of more "mainstream" liberal politics but increasing the growing social divide beyond race and ethnicity and class to gender.  It could pit us not just brother against brother but wife against husband in an almost Biblical sense.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 12:22:17 PM »
For a party to run someone different when they have an incumbent sitting in office is to admit that they were wrong about their pick of candidates for the previous election.

They'll be running BHO in 2012, and then hopefully the Mayans will be right, and the world will end before Hillary gets her shot in 2016.
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 01:51:33 PM »

They'll be running BHO in 2012, and then hopefully the Mayans will be right, and the world will end before Hillary gets her shot in 2016.

It'd be a rather abrupt end to our problems.   :P

My biggest problem with Hillary is she will come for guns.  It's a cornerstone of her mindset.  We can probably keep Obama at bay on that subject.  Hillary won't care- she'll do whatever she thinks she can get away with.  She is truly dangerous.  Obama isn't- he's showing himself to be a fraud on a daily basis.  I think he lacks the fortitude to actually do anything.  Hillary is a pitbull.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 02:25:32 PM »
I think something along the lines of Fjolnirsson - Hillary is ruthless, corrupt, opportunistic, and utterly amoral when it comes to furthering her own ambitions; she and I have a profoundly different outlook on the economy, healthcare, guns, and a whole host of other issues.

But I don't think she's motivated by actual malice towards this country - she just doesn't give a d@mn about the effects if she can further her own ambitions and stoke her own ego.

Unlike the current occupant of the oval office, whose actions, I'm sad to say, do look more and more deliberately malicious every day.  =(

Honestly, unless the GOP removes their collective head from their collective sphincters, I see Obama running and winning a second time.
A lot of GOP bigwigs are actually RINOs at heart, and would rather see a Democrat win, instead of having Tea Party types increase its influence. They are ANGRY that Bennet in Utah is out, Crist in Florida was headed for rejection, and that Rand Paul won the primary in KY. Their attitude is something I associate with the old Roman Patrician class - "It is OUR RIGHT to rule - WE ARE ENTITLED to it! And WE - not you GOP plebes voters - will choose who runs for office!"
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 02:53:45 PM »
Hillary is ruthless, corrupt, opportunistic, and utterly amoral when it comes to furthering her own ambitions; she and I have a profoundly different outlook on the economy, healthcare, guns, and a whole host of other issues.

God bless you, son!

The only one worse is Pelosi.

Being born in NY, I am still bitter that they voted for Hill for congress right after she had just moved there.

Of course, she was still playing the 'wonged wife' game for pity.

Aargh!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 04:54:13 PM »
Obama and Hillary are spiritual cousins, with many of the same influences.  Anyone who thinks they are not BOTH "dangerous" is whistling past the graveyard.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 05:34:26 PM »
while I despise Hilary, I don't believe she wakes up every morning, swings her tentacles out of bed and begins plotting how to destroy America. Sure, some of her actions have the same result, but they are the result of wrongheadedness and pursuit of political power. I have come to believe that Obama truly hates our country, and wants to see it destroyed.

Obama, Hillary, Pelosi, they are all the same. The entire left-wing movement has the same hatred and the same plans for America. This has been so for decades. Obama is merely less adept at cloaking his anti-Americanism.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 07:14:42 PM »
I think Hillary is out for Hillary, while Obama actually thinks that the route he's trying to take will make America a better country, albeit his idea of "better" is radically different than what most Americans think.

I'd rather have a scoundrel than an ideologue, as the scoundrel will do the right thing if that's what it takes to get what she (or he) wants.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 11:25:54 PM »
We can debate who's the Stalinist and who's the Nazi all night, but scoundrels and ideologues with the power of the state behind them can both put you into the grave.  They are both anti-liberty, what else do we have to know?  Both must be opposed.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 10:31:50 AM »
Well, she's certainly making statements lately that are more "2012 Presidential candidate" than Secretary of State:

-------------------------------
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0510/Clinton_The_rich_are_not_paying_their_fair_share.html

Clinton: 'The rich are not paying their fair share' - Ben Smith: Clinton: 'The rich are not paying their fair share'
May 27, 2010

Clinton: 'The rich are not paying their fair share'

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made a rare foray into domestic politics today, offering her view that — given America's high unemployment — wealthy Americans don't pay enough taxes.

"The rich are not paying their fair share in any nation that is facing the kind of employment issues [America currently does] — whether it's individual, corporate or whatever [form of] taxation forms," Clinton told an audience at the Brookings Institution, where she was discussing the Administration's new National Security Strategy.

Clinton said the comment was her personal opinion alone. "I'm not speaking for the administration, so I'll preface that with a very clear caveat," she said.

Clinton went on to cite Brazil as a model.

"Brazil has the highest tax-to-GDP rate in the Western Hemisphere and guess what — they're growing like crazy," Clinton said. "And the rich are getting richer, but they're pulling people out of poverty."

Both Clinton and Obama campaigned for president on promises to allow the Bush tax cuts for wealthy Americans expire this year, a plan that is now part of Obama's budget. The move will effectively raise taxes sharply on people earning more than $250,000.

The Administration's new formal strategy document makes the case that domestic economic strength is crucial to influence abroad.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 10:56:32 AM »
Presidential aspirants who cite Brazil as a model for economic change and think "the rich"--does she mean her friends and the people who put her where she is today?--are villains of the piece are flat-out enemies of liberty.  We've been pulling people out of poverty with massive wealth transfers for many decades, but somehow our government and its bureaucrats have an insatiable need to create more "needy" to keep themselves comfortable and entitled.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 11:08:11 AM »
Interesting that Hillary cites Brazil as her model.  A multi-racial, allegedly "color-blind" welfare state with strong hedonistic leanings and no history of troublesome Protestant ethic.  Sounds perfect for today's Democrat leadership class.  Now, pass an amnesty and the USA will BE Brazil, literally.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 11:55:37 AM »
I have news for Hillary, the witch - she and Billy are the rich.

She needs to stop trying to play that she is one of us.

It scares me more about the folks who believe her, and believe that she really cares.

Anyone remember Vince Foster?

God help us.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen