Author Topic: Video: Democrat Rep. Etheridge assaults student on street  (Read 4762 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Video: Democrat Rep. Etheridge assaults student on street
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 12:24:12 AM »
The Congressman is a member of the correct political party.  He holds the approved political beliefs.  This justifies his actions.  He will suffer no real sanctions other than perhaps a token tittering from members of his own party.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 06:06:45 AM »
The kid should press charges not only in DC, but in the Rep's home district....don't let this thing pass...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 08:54:02 AM »
If the student wouldn't identify himself, the proper response is "I don't talk to people who won't tell me who they are" and then to walk away.

The improper - arguably criminal - response is a physical assault like the one shown in the video. It merited a "knuckle sandwich" in return as pure self-defense.

If this was a Republican assaulting young democrat students I suspect this would be all over the news, with cries for the congressman to step down to be arrested and criminally prosecuted.
FIFY
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 11:19:01 AM »
$20 says this guy has a serious drinking problem.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2010, 11:24:25 AM »

on this we agree!
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 03:08:57 PM »

He sounded like a drunk to me!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »
I just wanted to be sure we're all clear on this.  Self-identification may be journalistic "best practices," but that doesn't mean that public servants "have a right to know" the identities of people who ask them questions.  Right? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

erictank

• friends
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 08:20:35 AM »
I just wanted to be sure we're all clear on this.  Self-identification may be journalistic "best practices," but that doesn't mean that public servants "have a right to know" the identities of people who ask them questions.  Right? 

Correct.  You (they)(he) have the right to ASK for that information if you wish, and to refuse to talk with them if they refuse to answer.  You (they)(he) do NOT "have a right to know" the identities of people who ask them questions.

Hope he gets nailed with assault charges.  Evidence on video - seems open-and-shut to me, regardless of the political affiliation(s) of the questioners and whether or not they were obnoxious ambush-journalist types.  They did not present any sort of credible threat to the Congressman, to justify his laying hands on them.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 08:32:17 AM »
A dead donkey getting peed on by an elephant, printed on a T-shirt, or something along those lines.

Want.
7-11 was a part time job.

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 11:30:47 AM »
I wonder what the uproar would have been if the Congressman had been a REPUBLICAN.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2010, 12:45:10 PM »
I wonder what the uproar would have been if the Congressman had been a REPUBLICAN.

Nacy Pelosi would have had him tarred, feathered, pilloried and run out on rail by now, and it would be running 24/7 MSM nooozzzzz shows.......
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.