Author Topic: Obama Leadership: No time to discuss this with the committee!  (Read 7866 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Obama Leadership: No time to discuss this with the committee!
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 09:25:21 AM »
 [tinfoil]
Jindal is on the short list of favorites for 2012.  Anything that makes Obama look bad and Jindal look good is bad in the Obama world.  Just sayin....anything Jindal does to appear like an executive who gets things done won't be tolerated.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 09:35:00 AM »
[tinfoil]
Jindal is on the short list of favorites for 2012.  Anything that makes Obama look bad and Jindal look good is bad in the Obama world.  Just sayin....anything Jindal does to appear like an executive who gets things done won't be tolerated.

You mean like this?:

http://www.wdsu.com/news/23997498/detail.html

NEW ORLEANS -- The federal government is shutting down the dredging that was being done to create protective sand berms in the Gulf of Mexico.

The berms are meant to protect the Louisiana coastline from oil. But the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Department has concerns about where the dredging is being done.

Plaquemines Parish President Billy Nungesser, who was one of the most vocal advocates of the dredging plan, has sent a letter to President Barack Obama, pleading for the work to continue.

Nungesser said the government has asked crews to move the dredging site two more miles farther off the coastline.

"Once again, our government resource agencies, which are intended to protect us, are now leaving us vulnerable to the destruction of our coastline and marshes by the impending oil," Nungesser wrote to Obama. "Furthermore, with the threat of hurricanes or tropical storms, we are being put at an increased risk for devastation to our area from the intrusion of oil.

Nungesser has asked for the dredging to continue for the next seven days, the amount of time it would take to move the dredging operations two miles and out resume work.

Work is scheduled to halt at midnight Wednesday.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 09:44:33 AM »
It might be time for an "Or what?" moment.

US. Fish and Wildlife wants to stop the dredging.  What happens if they don't stop?

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 10:03:32 AM »
Doesn't suprise me a bit.

This should prove that the fed .gov is not actually interested in doing anything productive about or actually stopping the leak. This is exactly the way the fed .gov operates. This is why I left fed .gov employment- I couldn't take the idiocy anymore.

Of course.  The whole liberal philosophy seems to be to allow Bad Things to occur, and although Bad Things result from liberal policies, the truly faulty are rarely at ground zero and can shift blame(i.e. the mortgage crisis), whether to greedy Wall Street investors or to greedy Big Oil.

True Believers don't care what happens, they just care that somebody pays to fix it, and that there's an "ass to kick".

This whole thing will end with a half-assed cleanup(through no fault of the active participants; simply because the willing and able are hamstrung by politics), a strained relationship between the US and the People's State of Britain, and greater taxation of the American public, in exchange for less freedom.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 11:42:30 AM »
Perhaps "the truly faulty" should put their ears to the ground.  They're slowly but surely being unmasked, identified, accused.  Anyone betting on impregnability in apocalyptic times is guilty of hubris on a huge scale.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 01:09:51 PM »
Perhaps "the truly faulty" should put their ears to the ground.  They're slowly but surely being unmasked, identified, accused.  Anyone betting on impregnability in apocalyptic times is guilty of hubris on a huge scale.

Huh, what?
 ???
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 07:06:05 PM »
Huh, what?
 ???

I think what he's getting at is that certain people/entities feel as if they are above the law/beyond any responsibility, and are betting that they can escape judgment when their "chickens come home to roost", so to speak.

Or, they place undue faith in the availability of contraceptives in a post-apocalyptic world.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 07:14:48 PM »
I think what he's getting at is that certain people/entities feel as if they are above the law/beyond any responsibility, and are betting that they can escape judgment when their "chickens come home to roost", so to speak.

Or, they place undue faith in the availability of contraceptives in a post-apocalyptic world.

Someone owes me a monitor!
JD

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2010, 10:45:23 AM »
Jindal has had a number of situations where he could have instigated a media event the likes of which we haven't seen since the late 60's or early 70's.  In one regard I admire his restraint.  In another regard I have to wonder just how bad the situation really is.  We hear "its really bad" yet I see the guv playing the game.  I see a president hell bent on creating misery and economic loss yet the situation is not sufficiently bad for the guv to take matters into his own hands and effectively dare fed.gov to stop him/state.  Maybe when Florida gets covered in oil the situation will change.  Now the problem is localize to a bunch of snaggle tooth, mouthbreathing hicks.  Maybe things will change when the pretty people on the Florida's west coast get huffy.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 07:30:47 PM by Waitone »
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2010, 03:41:44 AM »
Now the problem is localize to a bunch of snaggle tooth, mouthbreathing hicks.

I't's already on the Oklahoma coastline?   :laugh:

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2010, 09:04:13 AM »
I't's already on the Oklahoma coastline?   :laugh:

OT....but, when I was in college, I was at a booth sponsored by some Global Warming-types. They had a map showing what would happen to the coastline if all the ice caps melted. It showed cities like New York, LA, Houston, and Austin all underwater and the Texas coast up around Waco. The girl manning the booth seemed kinda perterbed when I asked he what the downside of Global Warming was.....

....since that day, I've done everthing I can to promote Global Warming.....and to buy property in Central Texas....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2010, 09:17:25 AM »
OT....but, when I was in college, I was at a booth sponsored by some Global Warming-types. They had a map showing what would happen to the coastline if all the ice caps melted. It showed cities like New York, LA, Houston, and Austin all underwater and the Texas coast up around Waco.

Pretty much where it was 300 million years ago, IIRC.  Only downside being that the hurricanes would hit us pretty hard here.  I wonder if we could get back the inland sea to wipe out Abilene too.