Author Topic: Sharia law in Dearborn?! sure looks like it to me  (Read 11525 times)

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
Re: Sharia law in Dearborn?! sure looks like it to me
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2010, 06:46:15 AM »
Prior to the festival (attended predominantly by Muslim Arab-Americans), a U.S. district judge in Dearborn issued a ban on groups distributing literature on sidewalks and local officials required a five-block distance for anyone wanting to distribute literature.

Help! Help!
I'm being oppressed!
 ;/
7-11 was a part time job.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2010, 08:26:02 AM »
So no one else was distributing literature, including the festival people?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2010, 08:57:55 AM »
Also, this was not a religious event, it was an "Arabic festival" and Christians of middle eastern decent showed up,  you did know that there are Christians in the middle east, right? some of them are Arabic, some are Jordanian and even Pakistani/Afghani.
Actually, I've read that the majority of Middle Easterners in the USA are Christians.

They came here fleeing Moslem persecution.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2010, 12:19:27 PM »
Just to be clear you're OK with Catholic Churches, Amish goods shops, nudie bars, and a Subway shop being "on top of Ground Zero" but an Islamic-style YMCA taking over a BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY building is over the top.

Finally! we understand each other, yeah that's right!!! my friends were not KILLED by Catholic Churches, Amish goods shops, nudie bars, and a Subway shop they were KILLED by islamofascist and when people KILL my friends I tend to not want their Mosque at their gravesite

I don't get it, but whatever. personally I could care less that some ppl don't get it, the Taliban doesn't understand why people dance and women don't wear burkhas-they don't "get" it,but whatever
Actually nobody said it was opening in 9/11 unless that tidbit was embedded in the PJTV link that CS&D linked to which I didn't sit through and you didn't either because you said in that thread: "I can't hear/view video's from the pc I use."

So, no, there's no basis behind the goofball notion that they're opening on the 10th anniversary of 9/11.  You'll have to provide better sources for me to believe what you do.  they seem to be as accurate as your sources saying it wont

Well, I ain't ever seen a Subway shop or nudie bar open up on a cemetery so I'd assume you're nit-picking what you'll get outraged about.I guess you have not been below Canal St

Well, unless they do their Islam too close to the WTC.  That's like saying you've got no problem with n*ggers if they stay away from white women.  You DO have a problem with Islam to some extent.
No, that's YOU saying it, there are Mosque ALL OVER NYC,  I am a Christian but I would love to beat the tar out of the westboro baptist jerks and I feel the same way about islamofascist nut jobs. Only a apologist for the islamofascist nutjobs would be OK with both the trampling of the COTUS in Dearborn & the crud going on at Ground Zero!... but...have a nice day ( whatever)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 12:37:46 PM by gunsmith »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2010, 12:27:38 PM »
Help! Help!
I'm being oppressed!
 ;/

you were, that's why the Judge threw that stupid unconstitutional law under the bus.

Feel free to obey though, no law against you submitting to the will of a sect of Islam, free country you know.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2010, 12:16:01 AM »

:facepalm:

deleted.
7-11 was a part time job.

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2010, 12:40:53 AM »
No, that's YOU saying it, there are Mosque ALL OVER NYC,  I am a Christian but I would love to beat the tar out of the westboro baptist jerks and I feel the same way about islamofascist nut jobs. Only a apologist for the islamofascist nutjobs would be OK with both the trampling of the COTUS in Dearborn & the crud going on at Ground Zero!... but...have a nice day ( whatever)

If I could think of something to say I would, for now just speechless...
Look, tiny text!

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2010, 12:35:48 PM »
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2010, 12:37:12 PM »
^^^
ok, I got a little hot under the collar, but basically its true.
I have great respect for Islam and used to study both Sufism and Arabic in the late
70's early 80's - I couldn't convert because I figure if God had wanted me to be Islamic I would have been born that way ... but there are a lot of wonderful things about Islam, and some sects like Wahabbi (SP?) and Taliban etc ruin it for everyone.

The 5 block rule got tossed out because it was a violation of the COTUS - such a plain violation that a 5th grader could spot it but somehow the mopes enforcing it & whomever issued it couldn't.

As for the Ground Zero Mosque project? Forget about it! aint gonna happen- you can freakin bet on that.

It will be a magnet for everyone still slightly pissed off about losing friends, co-workers and the skyline they grew up with.
There are a lot of crazy people in the NY area, if 1% snaps that's 1000's of crazy people.
No way that Mosque project doesn't become a target of violent home grown really angry crazy people.

as far as my outburst, eh, big deal. Political correctness is some kind of idiotic radlib BS.

I am not gonna let fashion dictate my speech and thought- the Dearborn situation was a disgusting attack on the 1st Amendment and the Mosque project is a monument to appeasement, backstabbing, & Political correctness.

Me being Christian doesn't  mean I wouldn't kick the westboro chumps in the teeth and me liking Islam doesn't mean I will not speak up if I see stupid BS.

Political correctness needs to die.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 03:17:40 PM by gunsmith »

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2010, 03:24:39 PM »
So no one else was distributing literature, including the festival people?

AFAIK, nope only  a few Christians of middle eastern background distributing lit outside of the function on public property.

What were they thinking? That this was a free country or something? That they have rights?  ;/