Author Topic: Responsibility, She Is A Female Dog  (Read 10378 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Responsibility, She Is A Female Dog
« on: July 06, 2010, 07:21:45 PM »
I saw this in passing.

I never have seen any of her work, just the wreckage of her personal life as spattered across the internet while looking for other data.

It looks like she isn't too happy with the consequences of driving drunk or on cocaine and then blowing off the slap-on-the-wrist mandatory alcohol treatment:

LL: "The actress sobbed and begged 'What?'"

Judge: "Say 'What' again, m***********"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1292504/Lindsay-Lohan-sobs-shes-sentenced-90-days-jail.html

Lindsay Lohan broke down in tears as she was sentenced to 90 days in jail after violating her probation.

The actress sobbed and begged 'What?' as the Superior Court Judge Marsha Revel handed down the term.

She was not required to immediately surrender but will have to turn herself in on July 20. She has also been ordered to enter an inpatient rehab program after her release from jail.

Earlier Lohan attempted to explain why she missed nine alcohol education sessions, saying she was 'trying to balance' a busy career with her court order.

(more at the link)

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Responsibility, She Is A Female Dog
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 07:29:03 PM »
I have a friend who works for Getty Images, and ever since I've known him I really notice the copyright info on pics.

As to LL... Nice to see a celebrity being forced to take semi-responsibility for her actions, but really.... 90 days to turn yourself in? Yeah, I bet a non-celeb would've been hauled off in shackles rfn. Oh well...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 07:33:40 PM »
2 weeks is about normal to let you wrap up stuff and 90 days is on the light end of the jail time spectrum
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 07:59:48 PM »
I liked her better as a redhead. Think she's been going downhill fast ever since dyeing her hair blond.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 08:55:39 PM »
I couldn't really care less about her. I saw the thread title and thought maybe you were looking for homes for a litter of puppies.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 09:08:26 PM »

I gather from the article that the lady in question is Lindsay Lohan and has employment as an actress.  Uh.  So...  what exactly has she done professionally?  I've never heard of her in any of the movies I watch.

I'm not sure why she's so hysterical.  I'm pretty sure folks know that cocaine or alcohol and driving are illegal.  So is ignoring a sentencing.  Is she hysterical because the sentence is inordinately low?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 09:11:59 PM »
Uh.  So...  what exactly has she done professionally?

She's a professional media whore?

I'm not sure why she's so hysterical.  I'm pretty sure folks know that cocaine or alcohol and driving are illegal.  So is ignoring a sentencing.  Is she hysterical because the sentence is inordinately low?

Don't you know, she's above the law. She's not like the little people. She's supposed to be able to do whatever she wants without consequence...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 09:22:48 PM »
Don't you know, she's above the law. She's not like the little people. She's supposed to be able to do whatever she wants without consequence...

Why?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 09:26:35 PM »
She's a professional media whore?

Actually, she's a not-half-bad-actress that seems to have really run off the rails with substance abuse.  I kind of doubt she's become a total wreck as a publicity stunt.  As we have seen, smoking hot and talented actresses with burgeoning careers don't really need bad publicity to get work.  She could be a LOT farther ahead without all the drama she's causing herself. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 09:54:23 PM »
Why?

Because she's speshul of course.
Look, tiny text!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 11:41:22 PM »
I gather from the article that the lady in question is Lindsay Lohan and has employment as an actress.  Uh.  So...  what exactly has she done professionally?  I've never heard of her in any of the movies I watch.

About half her lifetime ago, she played the part of two really cute twin sisters in a remake of the classic Parent Trap.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 11:54:01 PM »
I liked her better as a redhead. Think she's been going downhill fast ever since dyeing her hair blond.

Word.  She's one of those very few Hollywood types I would have described as "extremely attractive", until she got all skinny and cracky.

To the point, the pictures(at least to my eyes) are actually not 100% conclusive as to her state of being, except "hysterical".  She could be hysterical with joy, as in "omg I just totally won on The Price Is Right lol", or hysterical with disbelief, as in "oh noes I'm headed for the clink".

Do stupid stuff, go to jail.  I personally would be A-OK with her losing her driver's license for many years.  That would "send a message" more effectively than 90 days in jail, as most of the people who actually care about this chick would probably be more affected by losing their license(for a meaningful amount of time) than by doing some weekend jail time.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 08:01:48 AM »
A Prairie Home Companion (2006) .... Lola Johnson
Herbie Fully Loaded (2005) .... Maggie Peyton
"That '70s Show" .... Danielle (1 episode, 2004)
    - Mother's Little Helper (2004) TV episode .... Danielle
"King of the Hill" .... Jenny Medina (1 episode, 2004)
    - Talking Shop (2004) TV episode (voice) .... Jenny Medina
Mean Girls (2004) .... Cady Heron
Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (2004) .... Mary Elizabeth Cep / Lola
Freaky Friday (2003) .... Anna Coleman
... aka "Fortune Cookie" - Japan (English title)
Get a Clue (2002) (TV) .... Lexy Gold
"Bette" .... Rose (1 episode, 2000)
    - Pilot (2000) TV episode .... Rose
Life-Size (2000) (TV) .... Casey Stuart

The Parent Trap (1998) .... Hallie Parker / Annie James
)
10 years:

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 08:07:07 AM »
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 08:57:18 AM »
Tell me that's Photoshopped.  Please.  Even if it's a lie.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 09:29:09 AM »

the above images were most likely resized from the original files in photoshop
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 10:35:17 AM »
My brother and my BIL both did 9 months for DUI's. 90 days seems like a walk in the sun.

taurusowner

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 10:37:20 AM »
Who are the chicks in that pic?

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 10:46:26 AM »
Lindsay Lohan is in red, Nicole Richie is the other girl.
Look, tiny text!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 10:51:38 AM »
Lindsay Lohan is in red, Nicole Richie is the other girl.
They both look as if they've been extremely ill for an extended period in those pix.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 11:01:19 AM »
My brother and my BIL both did 9 months for DUI's. 90 days seems like a walk in the sun.

A friend of mine, a real dirtbag biker type rather than a RUB, lost his license for 6 months except for driving to/from work and had to use a breathalizer on his truck for a year after his 2nd DUI.

Hasn't had a 3rd one in the 10 years since.

Chris

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 11:14:42 AM »
They both look as if they've been extremely ill for an extended period in those pix.

The first is a poor attempt at photoshopping the pic to make them look even worse.  The second pic appears to be relatively unretouched.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

PTK

• friends
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 01:15:44 PM »
Yeah, the second picture still looks all.... concentration-camp-y.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2010, 02:37:30 PM »
Some people really don't think things through and don't respect the institutions of this country.
http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/07/07/lindsay-lohan-f-u-fingernail-contempt-court/

Poor, poor Lindsay evidently had "f**k u" on her left middle finger.  Fox411 verified it with separate photos from Reuters, AP and Getty.  I hope there is something more that the 3-5 days of contempt that they are reporting that she can get. 
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2010, 03:57:22 PM »
Legal 101:  Never irritate the judge....they have almost-unlimited power and no accountability....and a PO'd judge can make life hell for you....

...Lindsay may do her 90 days in gen-pop at the female version of San Quentin...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.