Author Topic: Chinese outsourcer seeks U.S. workers with IQ of 125 and up  (Read 5675 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Chinese outsourcer seeks U.S. workers with IQ of 125 and up
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 08:38:37 AM »
You have to wonder though. In offices in China, do they send out for "American" on Fridays?  ???
In Japan they do . . . except there it's on Fliday.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 09:05:52 AM »
Got it, good to know.  ;)
Avoid cliches like the plague!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 09:14:17 AM »
280plus observed:

"I am however smarter than any and every MENSA member as I am smart enough not to fork over my $ just to join their stupid club."

Back in college, one of the smartest people I ever knew once remarked that very bright people join Mensa.

"And," she continued, "very, very bright people join Mensa Squared.  But very, very, very bright people join things like the Rotarians and their Church Glee Club and the Jaycees."

"Hmmmm," I thought.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:23:31 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2010, 10:11:19 AM »
Another problem is that the US doesn't allow IQ tests for job applications. As I understand, it violates discrimination laws or some such nonsense.

That is one of the reasons why college degrees are used as a proxy. Colleges are allowed to discriminate based on IQ tests or any other tests.
I didn't know that about the job apps.  It figures though. 

When it comes to some of the more difficult degrees or schools, there is some value in people who make it through the weed out courses, stick it out and finish their degree even if they don't get the best grades. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge