omnivore, heavy on meat/dairy
36 (62.1%)
omnivore, but light on red meat
16 (27.6%)
omnivore, light on meat/dairy
5 (8.6%)
pescetarian (vegetarian food + seafood)
0 (0%)
vegetarian, lacto-ovo (plants, dairy and eggs, no meat)
0 (0%)
vegetarian, lacto (plants and dairy, no meat or eggs)
0 (0%)
vegetarian, ovo (plants and eggs, no meat or dairy)
0 (0%)
vegan (plants only)
1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: What's your usual diet?  (Read 6394 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: What's your usual diet?
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 04:54:15 PM »
Cat 1; my favorite veggies are bell pepper, onion, celery, corn, and tomato-based salsa.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Iain

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 04:55:16 PM »
Eat a lot of turkey and a lot of eggs. Beef about once a week. Very little dairy these days, used to drink up to 4 pints a day.

Pretty much live on omelettes and stirfry.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 05:21:25 PM »
Mine gets seasonal.
When I'm picking fresh veggies in season I eat more of them.
Breakfast today was cantelope, pircked yesterday and chilled over night.
Lunch was a ham and cheese sandwich with fresh made dill pickles left over from the 9 pints I canned Wednesday and more cantelope for desert. Supper will likely be fresh garden salad with peppers, squash and more cantelope.

Sundays I'll usually do a fancy breakfast, this week I'm planning on goose egg omlets (chease, peppers tomatoes) with bacon, whole wheat toast and cantelope.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 06:04:26 PM »
What is this "breakfast" you others speak of?  What animal does it come from?

I may be up and out of the bed just before the sun comes up, but I am not allowed any physical contact with the world until there are two numbers in the hour part of the time, and I have had sufficient coffee.

Pretty much I eat like a sumo wrestler, which may also explain why I resemble one.  Pretty much nothing but water till after the sun goes down, then somewhere halfway between that event and bed I eat - mostly meat carved off the still-bleating animal and consumed before it can be touched by fire, a potato (baked, split open and drenched with lemon juice) instead of rice, and some sort of boiled or baked plant parts used as the means of holding olive oil and vinegar - shaken, not stirred.  More water consumed.

A beer or maybe two during the week, then I might go months before consuming any alcohol.

Saturday mornings everything goes arse over teakettle.  Late breakfast with friends (eggs, bacon, sausage, some sort of semi-burnt bread, juice) and then nothing till just before bed when it's likely to be two lunch-meat sized slices of leftover meat and water.

Weight was constant for years.  I've managed to take maybe 10 pounds off in the past 6-8 months.  No, I'm not trying to lose, even though there is a possibility my health would improve slightly.  My goal is to gain no more than 1 pound over my April 2010 weight over any 30-day period unless I lose, then it's not gain more than 1 pound over that lesser weight.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 06:09:45 PM »
I used to eat heavy on the red meat and dairy, but then I had a heart attack and died.  Now I'm just stinking up the place while those little wormy things chow down on me.  I wonder how they would answer the OP's poll?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 06:15:06 PM »
Eat a lot of turkey and a lot of eggs. Beef about once a week. Very little dairy these days, used to drink up to 4 pints a day.
Pretty much live on omelettes and stirfry.

I lived on a dairy as teenager and had fresh milk every morning..........sometimes it was still cow temperature. Hardly ever drink milk these days, but I eat the hell out of cheese, sour cream and use a lot of heavy whipping cream, Half & Half and butter.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 06:16:46 PM »
why no carnivore option ? why aren't you meat positive?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2010, 09:34:03 PM »
Right now for dinner, I am eating a 7 ounce piece of seared tuna off the grill and a curry rice salad.  Yummers.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 10:20:22 PM »
Cow.

Extra points if you raised it from it's cute stage to present (the freezer)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2010, 02:25:41 AM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

P5 Guy

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »
All animals are food, some are better tasting than others. I like to eat a lot of fish, chicken and pork. Beef a couple three time a month. Lamb is my favorite red meat, but I haven't had any recently. I wish the more exotic meats were more readily available, rabbit, horse, bison, ostrich, you get the idea?
Not too big on dairy, I cannot remember the last time i had a glass of milk, but I like cheese.
I have yet to eat a fruit or vegetable I didn't like the taste of, but because of the medication I take to keep my prosthetic mitral valve from getting clogged I have to avoid dark green veggies. Which is a pain because I really liked spinach.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2010, 12:13:23 AM »
Cow.

Extra points if you raised it from it's cute stage to present (the freezer)

Been there done that. With cows and pigs. Heck we even gave 'em names.
Sir Loin, Hamilton, Chopper, Miss Piggy (which in retrospect was pretty odd being that the animal was a steer).
I don't remember all of them but there were many over the years. I'm currently researching dual purpose goats (meat/dairy).
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2010, 11:03:02 AM »
We butcher and eat our excess roosters.

I don't particularly like chicken but the free range roosters are pretty good.

The eggs are better.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2010, 11:19:59 AM »
Children, slow roasted.
Look, tiny text!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2010, 03:16:19 PM »

Samuel Adams

Iain

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2010, 04:03:20 PM »
I lived on a dairy as teenager and had fresh milk every morning..........sometimes it was still cow temperature.

The best temperature. I've got a cousin who won't touch homogenised pasteurised milk because it doesn't taste right. It doesn't taste the same as the raw milk we had on their farm as kids, but then again my kid brother picked up some fairly horrible gastroenteritis thing from there too.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2010, 08:54:56 PM »
The best temperature. I've got a cousin who won't touch homogenised pasteurised milk because it doesn't taste right. It doesn't taste the same as the raw milk we had on their farm as kids, but then again my kid brother picked up some fairly horrible gastroenteritis thing from there too.

Just FYI, re-using plastic jugs for raw milk is not a good idea  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2010, 04:32:11 AM »
I eat kangaroo about four times a week - reasonably priced, filling, and healthy.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."