Author Topic: Blue jeans  (Read 14765 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Blue jeans
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 12:33:21 AM »
Riggs workwear, I kind of like the contractor jeans. Relaxed fit a few extra poclets and the rear pockets are cordura lined. For dress up I go for the Wrangler 13MWZ pressed with a nice crease over well polished black cowboy boots.
Of late for working  around the shop and garden I have re-discovered bib overalls Dickies and Roundhouse work well for me.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 01:44:46 AM »
Carhart?   Carhart?  Holy cow, I drive by their outlet on 44th Ave in Golden a lot.  Never thought of them for blue jeans.  I thought everything they made was in Colorado Clay Tan.

I often wish I had Carhart money.   =|
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 02:35:18 AM »
Don't know if this helps you, but I shrank from a 42x34 to a 38x34 in Old Navy sizes and all the sudden jeans fit me really well...
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 06:47:32 AM »
I often wish I had Carhart money.   =|
You get what you pay for. I beat the ever loving crap out of them and they last at least two years. Really, if the barrel didn't wear through the pocket they'd last me well over 3. I can't recall ever catching them on fire either.  :lol:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 08:45:29 AM »
I gave up jeans after re-discovering the Columbia Rugged Outdoor Chinos. I have the opposite problem as you (large waist, no butt), and the Columbias are easy to adjust to any body type. And the material is tough as denim, but a lot lighter....great in the Texas summers (which last until December here)....

If you're still interested in blue jeans, look for a Wrangler Outlet store. You can get some great deals on jeans there....like $10-12 per pair or less....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 06:28:11 PM »
I have the opposite problem, compounded by the fact that I'm just over 6' 6" tall.  It is *really* hard to find fat man jeans with long leg.

Best jeans I've found anywhere are the house brand at Cabela's.  And I can actually get sturdy demin or canvas jeans that are long enough for about $20 a pair.  Sometimes cheaper when they are on sale.

If Cabela's has something you can wear, the price will be right and they are well-made.

if you have a hamrick's or dillard's locally, they normally have them. but if they don't sell well, just one or too pairs of each size in each color.(they're in a separate area, you might have to ask most times it's behind the men's section) otherwise try here. but there sizes seem random on each item. like on too different shirts in the same size one will be really loose, and on another it just barely fits. ???

oh and timberland pro, but they are really high. and walmart has dickie's to, but i don't know what sizes they make.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 06:48:34 PM »
I happen to like Wal-Mart's Faded Glory jeans.  They fit me very nicely and the price is right. 

They do live up to their name though, losing about 10% of their color with each washing.  :lol:

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2010, 07:52:33 PM »
and after 25 to 30 washings they just go down the drain so you don't have to throw them out. :lol:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 07:55:37 PM »
and after 25 to 30 washings they just go down the drain so you don't have to throw them out. :lol:

See, Walmart DOES care about the environment...
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 08:35:12 PM »
Don't know if this helps you, but I shrank from a 42x34 to a 38x34 in Old Navy sizes and all the sudden jeans fit me really well...

<sotto voce> .... dirty rotten no-good mizzible cross-eyed illegitimate knock-kneed flat-footed doublecrossing dirty-fingernailed low down stinkin'....</sotto voce>

We-ell, gooo-ood for you!  Helped a lot.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:41:34 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2010, 10:45:18 AM »
Wal-Mart Faded Glory jeans are junk/trash/detritus/[insert denegrating description of choice]. They fit badly and wear worse.

Best deal going in jeans is, however, at Wal-Mart: Rustler Jeans (made by Wrangler, possibly as a Wal-Mart exclusive). They are real jeans, they fit well (not made only for skinny guys), and they wear very well. And they only cost 10 bucks a pair.

Wranglers and Rustlers here.  I do just fine buying them at Wally World, with only one problem - they practically *NEVER* have my size (currently 44W/32L).  They have literally every other size, including 48W/26L (honest to God, they had 3 pair last time I went!), but they are consistently out of my size.  When I wore 42W/32L, I could never find THOSE, but 44W/32L were plentiful, then it reversed when I gained weight and went up in pant size -  now that I'm dropping body fat and waist size again, I expect the 42's to drop out of sight again. ;/

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2010, 11:36:08 AM »
So buy them now as an incentive to keep at it!   :angel:

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2010, 01:45:27 PM »
Wow, a bunch of cross dressers in this thread.
You guys aren't allowed to pick on me anymore.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2010, 03:05:34 PM »

I have to buy "ladies" boots in order to get a narrow width (B).   ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2010, 08:23:04 PM »

...at least we wear pants.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2010, 09:37:40 PM »
Another plug for Carhart jeans.  Higher end price at around 25-30 a pair, but just feel them compared to cheapo jeans.  The heft alone is impressive.  They're good and heavy,  and last easily 50% longer than the average Sam's club jeans.  I like Member's Mark ( ??? Think that's the brand ),  they're comfy, but they fall apart if you beat on them.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2010, 09:51:03 PM »
Well, the thread's kind of drifted away from my priorities. My problem is fit, combined with the fact that off-the-shelf jeans keep getting increasingly 'fashionized', reducing my possible choices. Since I'm a sissy engineer type, durability isn't a great concern for me...I only wear jeans at work because that's what I've always worn, and I can fit knives/flashlights in the pockets and wear a real belt. I could easily wear non-jean-pants, but I have the same big-butt/thighs+nonfat waist problem with Docker type pants as with jeans. My problem with Dockers is that they have wimpy pockets and belt loops. I have some good-fitting cargo pants, but cargo pants are just a little casual for work.

When I bought a suit for job interviews, tailoring was included, and damn if those suit pants didn't fit just pretty nice. Suit pants are completely worthless for working in, though, so that's why I'm starting to think I should buy some jeans and have them tailored. I'm not sure if it's more expensive to get jeans tailored though.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2010, 10:31:04 PM »
Well, the thread's kind of drifted away from my priorities.

Harumph!....who died and made you OP?....  ;/

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2010, 11:53:54 AM »
...at least we wear pants.....
I wear MAN pants.  All day long.
Even in my sleep.
So there.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2010, 01:49:08 PM »
Even in my sleep.
So there.

Does your boyfriend know you stole them?

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2010, 08:33:40 PM »
Does your boyfriend know you stole them?

Well said, sir....  =D

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2010, 10:05:05 PM »
Even in my sleep.
So there.

So, you're a MACHO  kind of man??  I think a certain vocal group has a song for ya   :angel: 

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2010, 11:14:55 PM »
Carhart?   Carhart?  Holy cow, I drive by their outlet on 44th Ave in Golden a lot.  Never thought of them for blue jeans.  I thought everything they made was in Colorado Clay Tan.

I also noticed that the little army-navy store in Olde Town Arvada just off of Olde Wadsworth has Carhart stuff. 

I shall check that out next time I go past their outlet.

I get Dickies workpants at Wal-Mart and wear them to the office.  Only trouble with them is their damned belt loops are too small.   

And this seems to be true of all pants:  they put a belt loop right where the holster should hang.  Gr.

The Army-Navy store is expensive.  Fun, but pricey

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2010, 09:01:47 AM »
^ True, it is a fun store.  But I don't bother comparing prices when I'm there simply because it's kind of a one-stop-shopping place and it's small enough that I don't need a phart cart to get around the store with.  Lotsa narrow little aisles full of goodies.

They do (or used to) sell ammo there.  Don't know if they still do, just haven't been down thataway in a while.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 09:08:31 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2010, 09:56:45 AM »
I didnt see any the last time I was in there(4 days ago), but I wasnt looking for it.  They are the only place I could find calcium carbide, so I bought 2 cans.