Author Topic: Penalty for out of season goose hunting + discharging a firearm in the city?  (Read 15423 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Isn't there some spray or something that you can spray around your house to repel them? I know there's one for pigeons.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
^ Ain't gonna stop the air-drops.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Maybe rocketman can rig up a rudimentary guidance system for some cheap Estes model rockets!  A mini-SAM battery on my roof would be justified right?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
You want to talk about stupid...

At one of the airports I fly out of...the idiots in the county decided to build a nature preserve swamp out right beside it. OK, the bird problem was bad after that.

Then the same geniuses decided to build a feeding ground. No, not where the birds would fly farther away from the airport. No no, they build it diagonally across the airport a couple of miles away.

So, the damn birds fly ACROSS the airport in massive flocks about twice a day to get to their feeding grounds in a straight line.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

PTK

• friends
...wow. Really? You'd think that amount of negligence would actually be illegal.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

41magsnub

• friend
The second question would be why build a goose feeding ground at all, anywhere?

Boomhauer

• friends
...wow. Really? You'd think that amount of negligence would actually be illegal.

I *expletive deleted* you not. It's the truth

The second question would be why build a goose feeding ground at all, anywhere?

It's not a goose feeding ground...it's just a general bird feeding ground (but I understand the geese pay visits, too).

And it gets better. The "solution" to the bird problem was to buy a $15,000 dog (and hire a handler) to chase them away from the airport.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

PTK

• friends
My solution would involve a silenced 28ga shotgun and a nice heavy subsonic load of #7 lead.... ;)
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Boomhauer

• friends
My solution would involve a silenced 28ga shotgun and a nice heavy subsonic load of #7 lead.... ;)

I was like, what, they couldn't go to Wallyworld and buy a $200 Rem 870 Express?

I found out about this while talking to one of the controllers. She was basically doing a facepalm the whole time while going "And you know what, those f****** idiots did..."

Surely someone at the airport was a gunny (after all this is the South) and would have loved to take care of the bird problem...

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
Maybe rocketman can rig up a rudimentary guidance system for some cheap Estes model rockets!  A mini-SAM battery on my roof would be justified right?

Perhaps a jerry rigged mini metalstorm?
Look, tiny text!

MicroBalrog

• friend
Are we sure the guy responsible for the planning isn't an AQ infiltrator?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Rocketman runs out to his shop, laughing maniacally, "Muwhahahahahahaha!"  Much muttering is heard amongst the sounds of many tools being used, "Dead birds, dead birdies, dead birds very soon."
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Certainly an airbursting nosecone isn't too hard to develop....maybe even using something like dried corn or avacado seeds as a payload....to be environmentally conscious and all....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jimmy Dean

• friend
I *expletive deleted* you not. It's the truth

It's not a goose feeding ground...it's just a general bird feeding ground (but I understand the geese pay visits, too).

And it gets better. The "solution" to the bird problem was to buy a $15,000 dog (and hire a handler) to chase them away from the airport.

shooooot,  I woulda sold them my mom's dog for alot less than that!   tiny little thing, but it loves to chase the geese away from the house.....on occasion they don't wanna be chased and they will flare up at the dog and chase it away.

We actually had to give the dog a collar that would make noise so that it cannot get the jump on the geese.

brimic

• friends
I wouldn't want to get caught in my state.....

The WDNR has rediculous and completely unchecked powers in my state.
If they caught you shooting geese out of season on some backroad, they can confiscate just about everything you have besides the clothes you are wearing (this includes your vehicle and firearms) as being tools 'used for poaching.'

I wouldn't want to test their powers by being caught shooting geese off my back porch. =(
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

41magsnub

• friend
Again...  not a serious question.

However..  last night I was trying to come up with just how many crimes could be commited by doing this at my house.

1.  Poaching
2.  Discharge of a firearm in the city limits
3.  hunting within 500' of an occupied structure.
4.  reckless endangerment by firing over my neighbors houses
5.  I'm in the landing pattern for the airport, I'm sure something would come out of that
6.  I would be shooting toward a school that is across the road which would surely result in some type of charge

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
IMO...

A "HIGH VOLTAGE electrical accident" may be more convenient.

You might need to go to 440v for a goose though. And you might want to bridge the breaker and get a big knife switch too.
I promise not to duck.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
....and, if the game warden asks, just tell them that you'd misplaced your popcorn popper....  ;)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.